Johns Hopkins University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinic Supervisor Interview

Clinic Supervisor
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in October 2011.

Interview Details – I initially completed the application online on October 1, 2011. I was emailed on October 14th by the Clinic Manager who requested a callback to schedule an interview. We scheduled an interview for October 14th. It was a 1:1 interview with the clinic manager who I will be directly reporting to.

The clinic manager didn't really stick to the "script". she just asked general employment questions and she explained some of the current issues within the clinic and asked me how I would handle them. In closing, she told me that she was very pleased with the interview, she asked what my salary expectations were and then she told me that I would hear from someone in regards to scheduling an interview with her boss.

The next day, the Clinic Manager emailed me asking for 3 references from my past supervisors and a copy of my most recent performance evaluation. After she obtained the references and eval, I was then contacted to interview with her boss who is the administrator. Meeting with the administrator was a tough interview. she questioned whether I had any disciplinary actions on the job or write-ups, and she really wanted to make sure I was an overall great fit.

A week later, I was contacted by the clinic manager and offered the position. I gladly accepted and was told that HR would contact me to schedule orientation and the pre-employment process. HR called me 4 days later and scheduled me to come in and meet with them and occuaptional health. I still had not gotten my start date which I was very frustrated about.

That day, HR emailed me a million papers to fill out which included references checks from past employers, criminal background check, credit check and education verification consents. I filled all of those forms out and fxed them to HR.

The following week, I went to HR and met with them where they gave me my start date and new hire packet. After I met with them, I went upstairs to my appointment with occupational health. Occupational health visit was 2 hours long. Blood was drawn, I had to give a urine specimen to test for diabetes problems, and received several vaccinations which included a tetnus shot! I had to go back to employee health 2 days later to get my PPD read and receive 2 more vaccinations.

Now I sit here November 19th waiting to see if everything checked out ok. JHU is a very slow organization.It is a 2-3 month process. Its frustrating because I don't know if my employment offer is final yet. I haven't heard from JHU since last Monday.

I'm nervous because it seems like they expect you to be a perfect person. They are requiring so much.

- Criminal Background for the last 7 years
- Credit Check
-Educational verification (which includes GPA)
-No drug test but urine specimen to test for blood sugar and kidney problems
-Vaccinations - or no job
-Oh..and I had to present a letter from my MD stating that I am not suffering from depression. All because I told the Occupational Health Nurse that I was on depression mediciation a few years ago. It's a mess and no one should have to go through all of this for a job. *Second Thoughts* :-(

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I told them how much I wanted which was in the middle of their salary range and I got the OK.

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!