Johns Hopkins University

www.jhu.edu

Johns Hopkins University Clinical Research Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in July 2011.

Interview Details – The initial recruitment for this position came as an e-mail from the current clinical research coordinator to my academic program. I forwarded my resume and was asked to travel to Baltimore for an in-person interview with the current coordinator and the research supervisor. The interview was relatively brief, both interviewers stated that they hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and concluded with a tour of the department. I followed up several times via e-mail and phone and was told that a decision was still being made. Two months following my interview and having heard nothing, I made another inquiry only to be told that someone else had been hired. The supervisor mentioned that several other research coordinator positions were available and encouraged me to apply for them. I traveled to Baltimore again and met with the supervisor and the principal investigator. I discussed the available positions with the Principal Investigator for 45 minutes and was told that a decision would be made by the end of the week. After hearing nothing at the end of the week, I inquired as to the decision timetable and was told that I would have a decision by that Friday. Again, I heard nothing and waited another week before asking again. I was made to feel that I was bothering them for trying to get an answer after being given a decision timetable and was told that I would hear something soon, that was eight weeks ago. Overall, it was a negative experience with extremely poor communication. I do not expect to be treated like a nuisance when I am following up after being given a decision timeline.

Interview Question – How would your previous employer describe you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in September 2007.

Interview Details – After placing application on line, received a phone call requesting a personal interview with the person in charge of the department. During the interview, questions such as, how long was I in this line of work; why was I leaving my current job. The person gave an overview of what was expected from the successful candidate. Overall, very relaxed, even called me afterwards to explain why they would not hire me. Great feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you are offered gifts to change a record to increase enrollment, would you do it?   View Answer
  • If your supervisor told you to do something that you know is wrong, what would you do?   View Answer

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!