Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
63 interviews

2.8

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

After the application process, I emailed a couple professors to check for their plans of hiring new graduate students. The recruiting process differs from department to department, but usually professors had the call for their own graduate assistants. The professor who was interested called me to his office (I was a master student then), and asked me about my chemistry background, intention to stay in JHU and then gave me the offer the next day.

No negotiation phase. I accepted my offer immediately

Learning Den Tutor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

You must fill out an application form online and then interview in person, the whole interview was very enjoyable. The interview focus on teaching skill rather than subject knowledge. The interviewer was very nice, polite and walked me through the whole process and kept in touch about my performance these last two years.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first was a screener to make sure I actually was who I claimed to be and to make sure I could speak in complete sentences. Before the second, I was asked to prepare a sample lesson plan for a unit and submit it. In the second interview, I was questioned about how I would deliver the lesson, what would happen if things went wrong, and how I would approach certain common or uncommon classroom situations.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about whether or not I would break certain seemingly harmless rules.   View Answer

Program Assistant II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Applied through HR and spent a day shadowing in the lab. Interviewed with several members of the lab and was given the opportunity to ask the person presently holding the position many questions. It was a thorough interview that allowed me to interview the lab as much as they were interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • PI did not ask me typical interview questions. Be able to speak intelligently and in detail about your research experience and specific projects/outcomes   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

I was referred by my boss from my previous postdoctoral position in Johns Hopkins University. I was invited to come and talk to my potential employer, and Research Associate from the same lab and present my previous research on the lab meeting. Everything went smoothly and I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - mostly about my research and skills and future plans.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied the position through JHU website and got an email from HR to setup in person interview. Interview Questions: What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness? Why are you leaving your job?

Summer Intern Interview

Applied for a summer internship position in December of 2013 and didn't hear a word from them until mid May of 2014 when I received a rejection email. Thoroughly unimpressed with their lack of any semblance of professionalism or grip on reality (in what scenario would someone seeking employment in June wait until May to accept other job offers because of an employer who hadn't made any effort to contact an applicant for nearly half a year?!). Won't be applying again.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in March 2014.

Initial communication by email to set up interview. I applied to position 3 weeks before. The interview was relaxed but manager told me she has a bunch of interviews set up. Did not ask me any questions about my previous experience. She did say I was overqualified immediately. I then met with the laboratory manager who told me she had been working for the company for 25 yrs and I will not take her job.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was Why do you want this job you cant have mine so why.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Applied by email, then phone interview and personal interview

Epic Credentialed Trainer Interview

Very relaxed interview process. By the time the interviewed my they had already interviewed 50+ people, so they saw my credentials and ran a relaxed process

Interview Questions
    No. Ridiculous. I was and am underpaid significantly for the quality of work that I do.

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!