Johns Hopkins University

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

First on-line test and then written test followed by face-fact interview

Coordinator Interview

HR called me and asked for an interview the very next day. The interview was very long almost 2 hours with one on one as well as a panel.

Interview Questions
    • What would be a typical job be for someone who has just graduated with your major?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interning as an assistant in the hospital to manage filing papers

Paid minimum wage

Medical Second Opinion Coordinator Interview

very detailed, and lengthy, but done with absolute professionals who know exactly what they are looking for, and where the plan is headed. they seek for professionals who can think out side the box, and can influence and add to the job they are interviewed for, and are very much aware of the Hopkins code of interactions as well.

Interview Questions
    • nothing that was really hard to answer, it's more about what you know rather than what you don't know   Answer Question
    was short, as the institution have fixed salaries for each of their positions

Research Technologist Interview

I applied online and within 4 days they sent me an email to set the day of the interview. The interview was via skype as i live in another state.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were fair. They asked me why I chose the position, what was my expertise, what do I think about Baltimore   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I was first recruited through an international meeting and then invited to visit the department. It was a casual visit to discuss prospects and future prospects. Also met other support personnel, and the department did a great job of hosting

Teaching Assistant Interview

I was recommended to the hiring manager by a previous employee of CTY at Johns Hopkins. And I was ask by the HR to read a paragraph by Chinese to see my accent. Then I was approved and was asked to go to her office for the teaching materials.

Senior Research Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Got interviewed by 4 people in the group, pretty friendly, no much pressure.

There was no negotiation, just a fixed rate.

PhD Student Interview

Just submit the application and got an telephone interview.

Program Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Applied through HR and spent a day shadowing in the lab. Interviewed with several members of the lab and was given the opportunity to ask the person presently holding the position many questions. It was a thorough interview that allowed me to interview the lab as much as they were interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • PI did not ask me typical interview questions. Be able to speak intelligently and in detail about your research experience and specific projects/outcomes   Answer Question