Johns Hopkins University

60 candidate interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews. The first was a screener to make sure I actually was who I claimed to be and to make sure I could speak in complete sentences. Before the second, I was asked to prepare a sample lesson plan for a unit and submit it. In the second interview, I was questioned about how I would deliver the lesson, what would happen if things went wrong, and how I would approach certain common or uncommon classroom situations.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about whether or not I would break certain seemingly harmless rules.   View Answer

Program Assistant II Interview

Program Assistant II

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview Details – Applied through HR and spent a day shadowing in the lab. Interviewed with several members of the lab and was given the opportunity to ask the person presently holding the position many questions. It was a thorough interview that allowed me to interview the lab as much as they were interviewing me.

Interview Question – PI did not ask me typical interview questions. Be able to speak intelligently and in detail about your research experience and specific projects/outcomes   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview Details – I was referred by my boss from my previous postdoctoral position in Johns Hopkins University. I was invited to come and talk to my potential employer, and Research Associate from the same lab and present my previous research on the lab meeting. Everything went smoothly and I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - mostly about my research and skills and future plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – I applied the position through JHU website and got an email from HR to setup in person interview. Interview Questions: What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness? Why are you leaving your job?

Interview Question – Are you overqualified for this job?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – Applied for a summer internship position in December of 2013 and didn't hear a word from them until mid May of 2014 when I received a rejection email. Thoroughly unimpressed with their lack of any semblance of professionalism or grip on reality (in what scenario would someone seeking employment in June wait until May to accept other job offers because of an employer who hadn't made any effort to contact an applicant for nearly half a year?!). Won't be applying again.

Very Easy Interview

Research Technologist Interview

Research Technologist
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication by email to set up interview. I applied to position 3 weeks before. The interview was relaxed but manager told me she has a bunch of interviews set up. Did not ask me any questions about my previous experience. She did say I was overqualified immediately. I then met with the laboratory manager who told me she had been working for the company for 25 yrs and I will not take her job.

Interview Question – Unexpected was Why do you want this job you cant have mine so why.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview Details – Applied by email, then phone interview and personal interview

Interview Question – If I was sure that I want to move to Baltimore.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – Just submit the application and got an telephone interview.

Interview Question – nothing really difficult one, just experience   Answer Question

Epic Credentialed Trainer Interview

Epic Credentialed Trainer

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview process. By the time the interviewed my they had already interviewed 50+ people, so they saw my credentials and ran a relaxed process

Interview Question – How would you deal with rude Doctors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Ridiculous. I was and am underpaid significantly for the quality of work that I do.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in May 2013.

Interview Details – My professor emailed me about the position, so I applied for the job, came in for a brief interview, and was sent and offer via email.

Interview Question – Very informal interview, no questions were really difficult. I just had to be honest.   Answer Question

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!