Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

First half of the interview was behavioral asking mainly about experiences on my resume. Second half I was asked to answer a few questions on a whiteboard about some signal processing.

Interview Questions

• What does a pulse wave look like in the frequency domain   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process is typically conducted over a two-day, Sunday-Monday period. By starting the process on Sunday we hope that you will explore Indianapolis during the day Sunday or on Saturday if you choose to arrive early. Interviewing on only one weekday (Monday) limits your need to be absent from home during the work week while still providing you with a sense of a typical weekday operative schedule. On Sunday evening you will meet with our residents in an informal setting over the evening meal. During this Sunday evening gathering members of the faculty will also interview candidates. On Monday we provide an overview of our Department and a tour of the Hospitals. We are typically finished with this process by 1500 on Monday afternoon.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Initial telephonic interview with manager and then a face to face interview with the Manager, Tech Lead and Associate Director

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

The initial recruitment for this position came as an e-mail from the current clinical research coordinator to my academic program. I forwarded my resume and was asked to travel to Baltimore for an in-person interview with the current coordinator and the research supervisor. The interview was relatively brief, both interviewers stated that they hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and concluded with a tour of the department. I followed up several times via e-mail and phone and was told that a decision was still being made. Two months following my interview and having heard nothing, I made another inquiry only to be told that someone else had been hired. The supervisor mentioned that several other research coordinator positions were available and encouraged me to apply for them. I traveled to Baltimore again and met with the supervisor and the principal investigator. I discussed the available positions with the Principal Investigator for 45 minutes and was told that a decision would be made by the end of the week. After hearing nothing at the end of the week, I inquired as to the decision timetable and was told that I would have a decision by that Friday. Again, I heard nothing and waited another week before asking again. I was made to feel that I was bothering them for trying to get an answer after being given a decision timetable and was told that I would hear something soon, that was eight weeks ago. Overall, it was a negative experience with extremely poor communication. I do not expect to be treated like a nuisance when I am following up after being given a decision timeline.

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University in October 2009.

Interview

Positive experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through the online system. Was called in for an interview 2 weeks later. Met first with a representative from HR and was asked a series of 'tell me about a time when...' questions as well as expectations for the role, future aspirations and salary range. Then did a skills test on the computer including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a typing test. Then met with 4 would-be supervisors in a single interview. Pleasant group of people who asked typical interview questions. The experience was a nice balance of questions and conversation. Unfortunately, did not receive an offer. The whole process was very organized and very professional.

Budget Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in December 2009.

Interview

HR interview consisted of a phone interview with basic interview questions and an in person interview. Once finished with HR, met with a Senior Research Analyst, department HR, and the Division Administrator. All parties involved were kind, pleasant. Entire interview process was pretty easy and relatively stress free. - Most difficult part is finding parking, since Johns Hopkins University is located in Baltimore City.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic such as: Greatest strength, greatest weakness, name one time you encountered a difficult situation and how did you handle it, and why did you choose our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could not negotiate

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2010.

Interview

two phone interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Feel relaxed and confident. Treat the interviewers as your friends.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 people... second interview over the phone is tomorrow- do not know if I received job yet

Interview Questions

• 1) How would we know if you were having a good day? 2) How would we know if you were having a bad day?   Answer Question