Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Epic Credentialed Trainer Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. By the time the interviewed my they had already interviewed 50+ people, so they saw my credentials and ran a relaxed process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Ridiculous. I was and am underpaid significantly for the quality of work that I do.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2014.

Interview

Applied and interviewed in April or May. The interview was by phone and it was completely behavioral. A lot on how you would react given a certain situation with children. On the technical side, they just ask how well prepared you feel to teach the kids and what experiences make you feel prepared for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would react to a child who was very rebellious or a child who you suspected had a crush on you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview spans two days. There will be 5-10 other candidates interviewing with you. You will meet one-on-one with 5-8 professors, mostly of your own choosing (arranged by the department administrator beforehand via email). They will ask about your education, research experience, career goals and other interests. You will have dinner at a professor's home with some of the other candidates. Not only do they want to make sure that you are intelligent and hardworking, but also that you get along with people and carry an interesting conversation. During lunches and a poster session there will be many opportunities to interact with the graduate students who are already in the program. They will also be making note of whether or not you are asking good questions and if you seem like someone they would like to work with. Be sure to ask graduate students about what they like/don't like about the school and/or the professors they work with.

Interview Questions

• What are your career plans? What kind of research are you interested in? Why did you get a "C" in that undergrad chemistry class?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. The only part that through me off was how disengaged the interviewer (hiring manager) was with her body language. Although the conversation was fairly normal and fluid, she never really looked at me. Her body was twisted away from me, she spent the entire time fidgeting with a desktop toy. She said they would be making a decision in two weeks. I took six weeks for a response. I was advised during the interview that everything takes longer than expected with it comes to HR, so it was not too much of a surprise.

Interview Questions

• I was given a complex claim issue and was asked to map out the steps and resources I would use to resolve the specific issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them during the interview my expected salary, which was within their starting salary.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I was recommended to the hiring manager by a previous employee of CTY at Johns Hopkins. And I was ask by the HR to read a paragraph by Chinese to see my accent. Then I was approved and was asked to go to her office for the teaching materials.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication by email to set up interview. I applied to position 3 weeks before. The interview was relaxed but manager told me she has a bunch of interviews set up. Did not ask me any questions about my previous experience. She did say I was overqualified immediately. I then met with the laboratory manager who told me she had been working for the company for 25 yrs and I will not take her job.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected was Why do you want this job you cant have mine so why.   Answer Question

Resident Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

A 2 hour phone interview. It was real warm and easy going. A lot of questions ask were based on group work and customer services skills. It wasn't the easiest but it was done in a way that made it easy to talk.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with kids?
      Customer service skills?

1 Answer

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Two interviews - human resources department and hiring department (usually at two different locations). Complete human resources documentation and in some instances software tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would want to work at Johns Hopkins University.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary

Senior Research Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Got interviewed by 4 people in the group, pretty friendly, no much pressure.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, just a fixed rate.

X-ray Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had non specific experience and interview was mostly behavior based. They were willing to train the "right person" for the job and the manager in dept came in day after Xmas to interview me since I was home from North Carolina for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict between you and another employee at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation I got fair market value and at the time in 2005 excellent education reimbursement benefits.