Johns Hopkins University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visitor Interview

Visitor
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in January 2013.

Interview Details – I did not any interview you need to talk to professor just that it depends how well u were during your education. If you have publication you are good to go. Most professors prefer publication.

Interview Question – Visa interviw   Answer Question

Budget Specialist Interview

Budget Specialist
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in December 2009.

Interview Details – HR interview consisted of a phone interview with basic interview questions and an in person interview. Once finished with HR, met with a Senior Research Analyst, department HR, and the Division Administrator. All parties involved were kind, pleasant. Entire interview process was pretty easy and relatively stress free.
- Most difficult part is finding parking, since Johns Hopkins University is located in Baltimore City.

Interview Question – All questions were basic such as:
Greatest strength, greatest weakness, name one time you encountered a difficult situation and how did you handle it, and why did you choose our company?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was just with the HR representative and included 4 computer tests, proofreading, MS Word, MS Excel, and writing. Interview questions were fairly typical for an HR interview. Was asked to come back for a second interview at the end of this one.
Second interview was a week later with the Director and an employee who previously held the same position. Was a pretty casual interview. No real grilling or formal questions. More interested in my experience and how it applied to the position. Got a follow up phone call from HR a day or two later for a third interview.
Third interview was a week after the second and was a group interview that involed the rest of the department, 6 employees. About 3 of the employees had a fair number of questions, others were more quiet. Some felt more formal, others more relaxed.
Through the entire process, HR was good about sending confirmation emails including the names and titles of all the interview participants.

Interview Question – Nothing was too unexpected. The HR questions were more the formal interview type. The rest were more relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The HR rep asked me about salary in the beginning and they actually offered me more than I initially requested.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Resident Interview

Resident
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Persoanl interview for 2 rounds

Interview Question – Presentations about an article   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One round offering

Research Technologist Interview

Research Technologist

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – I applied online and within 4 days they sent me an email to set the day of the interview. The interview was via skype as i live in another state.

Interview Question – the questions were fair. They asked me why I chose the position, what was my expertise, what do I think about Baltimore   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview Details – The interview process for the graduate program was very similar to others. You come to the University for about 2-3 days for a number of interviews with Departmental faculty members as well as spend time with current graduate students. Every faculty member is different in their interview approach; however, most will probably ask you to describe any current or previous research, why you are applying for an advanced degree, and possibly questions like "describe a time when you were faced with a problem and how you overcame it". Many students (including myself) are naive at this point and say that they would like to pursue an academic career - University Professor track. At the interview stage, they are primarily looking to see how well you communicate and if you are a good fit for the program.

Interview Question – For the most part (Life Sciences) graduate student interviews are not similar to certain types of employment interviews where they ask you multiple questions to see how you think your way through answering a question. Many of the questions are straightforward and practical. It's been 5 years so I can't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for graduate school. Everyone receives the same stipend and benefits.

Research Technologist Interview

Research Technologist
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a response a month after applying. Interviewed directly with the lab manager, principal investigator, and hiring manager. The entire interview lasted 2.5 hours. After some mention that I was a top candidate for the position, I received a request for my references from the lab manager and never heard anything from HR or the lab after that. My references were never contacted, which was irritating and a waste of time. Overall, my experiences with the hiring process at JHU have been negative.

Interview Question – What negatives would your previous employer say about you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview Details – One time onsite interview only. Waited for about two weeks, then the offer came.

Very Difficult Interview

M S In Finance Interview

M S In Finance
Baltimore, MD

I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2013.

Interview Details – Be ready for common questions

Interview Question – What is the worst of MSF program?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Baltimore, MD

I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in August 2011.

Interview Details – Before each semester begins the department will send email to all the grad students about the position needed for teaching assistant. If you want to apply for one position, just write an email to the professor who provide that position. The professor will schedule a meeting with you for an interview. Usually interview question includes past experience and basic problems about the course.

Interview Question – Find out inner product of two vectors.   Answer Question