Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied the position through JHU website and got an email from HR to setup in person interview. Interview Questions: What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness? Why are you leaving your job?

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied for a summer internship position in December of 2013 and didn't hear a word from them until mid May of 2014 when I received a rejection email. Thoroughly unimpressed with their lack of any semblance of professionalism or grip on reality (in what scenario would someone seeking employment in June wait until May to accept other job offers because of an employer who hadn't made any effort to contact an applicant for nearly half a year?!). Won't be applying again.

Research Program Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I did a phone screen. I received and email a week later to do a face to face interview with the P.I., Research Program Manager, and Research Program Coordinator. I had the interview and I sent a thank you email. They told me that the would check my references. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Applied by email, then phone interview and personal interview

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Just submit the application and got an telephone interview.

Epic Credentialed Trainer Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. By the time the interviewed my they had already interviewed 50+ people, so they saw my credentials and ran a relaxed process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Ridiculous. I was and am underpaid significantly for the quality of work that I do.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2014.

Interview

Applied and interviewed in April or May. The interview was by phone and it was completely behavioral. A lot on how you would react given a certain situation with children. On the technical side, they just ask how well prepared you feel to teach the kids and what experiences make you feel prepared for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would react to a child who was very rebellious or a child who you suspected had a crush on you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview spans two days. There will be 5-10 other candidates interviewing with you. You will meet one-on-one with 5-8 professors, mostly of your own choosing (arranged by the department administrator beforehand via email). They will ask about your education, research experience, career goals and other interests. You will have dinner at a professor's home with some of the other candidates. Not only do they want to make sure that you are intelligent and hardworking, but also that you get along with people and carry an interesting conversation. During lunches and a poster session there will be many opportunities to interact with the graduate students who are already in the program. They will also be making note of whether or not you are asking good questions and if you seem like someone they would like to work with. Be sure to ask graduate students about what they like/don't like about the school and/or the professors they work with.

Interview Questions

• What are your career plans? What kind of research are you interested in? Why did you get a "C" in that undergrad chemistry class?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. The only part that through me off was how disengaged the interviewer (hiring manager) was with her body language. Although the conversation was fairly normal and fluid, she never really looked at me. Her body was twisted away from me, she spent the entire time fidgeting with a desktop toy. She said they would be making a decision in two weeks. I took six weeks for a response. I was advised during the interview that everything takes longer than expected with it comes to HR, so it was not too much of a surprise.

Interview Questions

• I was given a complex claim issue and was asked to map out the steps and resources I would use to resolve the specific issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them during the interview my expected salary, which was within their starting salary.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I was recommended to the hiring manager by a previous employee of CTY at Johns Hopkins. And I was ask by the HR to read a paragraph by Chinese to see my accent. Then I was approved and was asked to go to her office for the teaching materials.