Johns Hopkins University

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview Details – I went through a round of interviews there and had an unpleasant experience with an hr person. I could tell she didn't see the value in interviewing me and told me, in fact, that some of the experience listed on my resume was irrelevant. Throughout the interview she never smiled and seemed confused/not open to anything I had to say. She even rated my responses on a numerical scale in front of me, in plain view.

When I was finally declined, the response I received was copy and pasted in different fonts. It was a pretty disheartening experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience in which you had to challenge authority.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in August 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting an application online, the boss I was going to work for called me on my cell phone (this was not scheduled ahead of time) and asked me several questions about my resume. It was straightforward and there were no typical interview questions. Questions mainly pertained to my experience and what I expected to do and learn on the job.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with STATA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in June 2009.

Interview Details – They required two writing samples, one phone interview in French, followed by an in person interview in English in front of a panel. They didn't seem to know what it was they were looking for, and were stalling on hiring someone because funding for the project hadn't yet come through.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins University

Interview Details – First on-line test and then written test followed by face-fact interview

Interview Question – are u gonna stay in U.S when u graduate   Answer Question

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!