Johns Hopkins University Research Assistant Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

I went through a round of interviews there and had an unpleasant experience with an hr person. I could tell she didn't see the value in interviewing me and told me, in fact, that some of the experience listed on my resume was irrelevant. Throughout the interview she never smiled and seemed confused/not open to anything I had to say. She even rated my responses on a numerical scale in front of me, in plain view.

When I was finally declined, the response I received was copy and pasted in different fonts. It was a pretty disheartening experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an experience in which you had to challenge authority.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University in August 2009.

After submitting an application online, the boss I was going to work for called me on my cell phone (this was not scheduled ahead of time) and asked me several questions about my resume. It was straightforward and there were no typical interview questions. Questions mainly pertained to my experience and what I expected to do and learn on the job.

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University in June 2009.

They required two writing samples, one phone interview in French, followed by an in person interview in English in front of a panel. They didn't seem to know what it was they were looking for, and were stalling on hiring someone because funding for the project hadn't yet come through.

Research Assistant Interview

First on-line test and then written test followed by face-fact interview