Johns Manville Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.8

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville.

Interview process included a screening interview with the JM recruiter. This progressed to a phone interview with the hiring manager, and concluded with an in-person interview on site. The process was fairly lengthy, with little feedback during the process regarding timing.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations fairly rigid. However I was satisfied with the final package.

Associate Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Manville in June 2014.

Got HR phone screen a few days after submitting application, then one month later, got Research manager phone interview. Then on-site interview with four managers. Finally, HR told me that sponsorship for this position is not justified at this time.

Marketing Assistant/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville in March 2014.

Overall, the interview process took about a month. After I sent in my application, I heard back from a recruiter within a week and scheduled a phone interview for the following week. After our twenty minute phone conversation, I was contacted once again (from a different recruiter) who scheduled my in-person interview at the Denver headquarters. During that interview I was interviewed one-on-one by three different people in the department, for thirty minutes each. The questions asked were pretty standard interview questions, which I had previously prepared for.

Interview Questions
    • While there weren't many unexpected questions, I was surprised to learn I wouldn't be talking with the head of the Marketing department at the end of interview. I was under the impression s/he would want to meet me towards the end of the interview (based on something each of the three interviewers had mentioned previously), but that never happened.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting.
    Passed 1st round (on-campus) interview.
    Got rejected on the 2nd round (on-site) interview.

Chemical Engineering Coop Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johns Manville in October 2013.

I was selected for a second on-site interview after an initial on campus interview. After the second interview, I never heard back from then.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

It was a longer interview process (application, first interview, and three interviews on site the same day) but everyone was extremely nice and the site in Littleton was cool to tour after interviews. Each interviewer had their own different set of questions although most were very general form questions. Interviewers were also very excited to let you know more about Johns Manville and show off products. A long but fun process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had a problem among your team and what did you do to try and solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johns Manville in November 2012.

On campus interview, on site interview (no tour), start work.

none

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Manville in August 2012.

I'm friends with my recuitor. The interview was 30minutes. I went through my 7 years expereince touching on 95% of interviewers job requirements. I made the interviewer laugh. I was hired with in 2 hours of interview.

Interview Questions
    Do you want the job. Yes, but I need to give 2 weeks notice.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville in July 2011.

Contacted through Volt for a 6 month contract. At the interview I met with all the Single Ply Roofing Team members, was given the grand tour, and a general outline of what my job duties would be. I was offered the job within a couple days and started working there about 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to weigh a plane without a scale or balance, how would you determine the weight of the plane?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Manville in June 2011.

Received a call from a company-affiliated recruiter to interview for a production/ process position; after a phone interview with Plant manager, company paid to fly to Toledo for the interview, car rental, expenses. Interview went well - people were friendly, and did a good job of answering my questions and explaining the job.
    Received re-imbursement from company for interview, but in spite of following up repeatedly via paper mail, e-mail, and phone calls, never heard another word from the company - no thank-you letter, no rejection.....nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were presented with an ethical dilemma, and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question