Johns Manville

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johns Manville.

This was a phone interview and was the initial screening interview. I had applied to Johns Manville through their online system. For the most part it was a review of my background, but there were a few behavioral type interview questions included.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't expect behavioral type question on the first phone interview, but I felt I answered OK.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Manville in November 2014.

Hiring manager was very genuine and a pleasure to interview with. Everyone else was either cold or acted as though they were uninterested in the interview or had no idea what they should talk about in the interview. The entire process - from the online application to the last step - was over 4 months. They do take their time! The company seems like a very good outfit. I rated this interview as "Difficult" because it took such a long time, and because several people I was to interview with were obviously unprepared, perhaps even caught off-guard and had no idea how to interview a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you want to talk about with HR?" (Really? You set up this interview - don't you have any idea yourself?)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville.

Interview process included a screening interview with the JM recruiter. This progressed to a phone interview with the hiring manager, and concluded with an in-person interview on site. The process was fairly lengthy, with little feedback during the process regarding timing.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations fairly rigid. However I was satisfied with the final package.

Associate Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Manville in June 2014.

Got HR phone screen a few days after submitting application, then one month later, got Research manager phone interview. Then on-site interview with four managers. Finally, HR told me that sponsorship for this position is not justified at this time.

Marketing Assistant/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville in March 2014.

Overall, the interview process took about a month. After I sent in my application, I heard back from a recruiter within a week and scheduled a phone interview for the following week. After our twenty minute phone conversation, I was contacted once again (from a different recruiter) who scheduled my in-person interview at the Denver headquarters. During that interview I was interviewed one-on-one by three different people in the department, for thirty minutes each. The questions asked were pretty standard interview questions, which I had previously prepared for.

Interview Questions
    • While there weren't many unexpected questions, I was surprised to learn I wouldn't be talking with the head of the Marketing department at the end of interview. I was under the impression s/he would want to meet me towards the end of the interview (based on something each of the three interviewers had mentioned previously), but that never happened.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Manville in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting.
    Passed 1st round (on-campus) interview.
    Got rejected on the 2nd round (on-site) interview.

Chemical Engineering Coop Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johns Manville in October 2013.

I was selected for a second on-site interview after an initial on campus interview. After the second interview, I never heard back from then.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

It was a longer interview process (application, first interview, and three interviews on site the same day) but everyone was extremely nice and the site in Littleton was cool to tour after interviews. Each interviewer had their own different set of questions although most were very general form questions. Interviewers were also very excited to let you know more about Johns Manville and show off products. A long but fun process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had a problem among your team and what did you do to try and solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johns Manville in November 2012.

On campus interview, on site interview (no tour), start work.

none

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Manville in August 2012.

I'm friends with my recuitor. The interview was 30minutes. I went through my 7 years expereince touching on 95% of interviewers job requirements. I made the interviewer laugh. I was hired with in 2 hours of interview.

Interview Questions
    Do you want the job. Yes, but I need to give 2 weeks notice.