Johns Manville Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.7

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johns Manville in July 2015.

Interview

During the process of the interview the people were great with questions and had a positive impact on the people who were getting interviewed . The only problem that I have with the company is that they didn't let me know whether I got the job or not, which had me putting off other jobs just to make sure I was hired or not. Problem with this is I don't know if I got it, and that keeps me from moving on.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was, how would I act if I new one if the former employee's wasn't doing something right, what would I do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville.

Interview

Interview process went well. HR personnel were extremely prompt. Always on time with phone calls and follow up was great. Unfortunately it is a typical HR dept of a large corporation in America today.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a stressful situation at current employment and how you dealt with it. what was outcome?   Answer Question

I declined the offer. On the second call back the HR representative was distracted by other people in the office or where ever they were and not paying attention to the phone call. That pretty much did it for me. Salary offered wasn't great.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me behavioral questions against qualifications, which was definitely not ordinary. I felt like I answered them in an okay manner. Interviewer didnt seem enthusiastic during the conversation. Felt like he was reading right out of a book and recording my answers. Expected better from this company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose your major of study? 2. What was the most difficult course you've taken? What grade did you get? 3. What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Manville.

Interview

This was a phone interview and was the initial screening interview. I had applied to Johns Manville through their online system. For the most part it was a review of my background, but there were a few behavioral type interview questions included.

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect behavioral type question on the first phone interview, but I felt I answered OK.   Answer Question

Director of Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

From the HR recruiting team to the hiring manager every one was responsive and professional. I was considered for more than one position and the team adapted the process to accommodate.

Interview Questions

• All were related to experience with building and leading Innovation practices   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johns Manville in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring manager was very genuine and a pleasure to interview with. Everyone else was either cold or acted as though they were uninterested in the interview or had no idea what they should talk about in the interview. The entire process - from the online application to the last step - was over 4 months. They do take their time! The company seems like a very good outfit. I rated this interview as "Difficult" because it took such a long time, and because several people I was to interview with were obviously unprepared, perhaps even caught off-guard and had no idea how to interview a candidate.

Interview Questions

• "What do you want to talk about with HR?" (Really? You set up this interview - don't you have any idea yourself?)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville.

Interview

Interview process included a screening interview with the JM recruiter. This progressed to a phone interview with the hiring manager, and concluded with an in-person interview on site. The process was fairly lengthy, with little feedback during the process regarding timing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations fairly rigid. However I was satisfied with the final package.

Associate Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Toledo, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Got HR phone screen a few days after submitting application, then one month later, got Research manager phone interview. Then on-site interview with four managers. Finally, HR told me that sponsorship for this position is not justified at this time.

Marketing Assistant/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Overall, the interview process took about a month. After I sent in my application, I heard back from a recruiter within a week and scheduled a phone interview for the following week. After our twenty minute phone conversation, I was contacted once again (from a different recruiter) who scheduled my in-person interview at the Denver headquarters. During that interview I was interviewed one-on-one by three different people in the department, for thirty minutes each. The questions asked were pretty standard interview questions, which I had previously prepared for.

Interview Questions

• While there weren't many unexpected questions, I was surprised to learn I wouldn't be talking with the head of the Marketing department at the end of interview. I was under the impression s/he would want to meet me towards the end of the interview (based on something each of the three interviewers had mentioned previously), but that never happened.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Passed 1st round (on-campus) interview. Got rejected on the 2nd round (on-site) interview.