Johnson Brothers

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.3

Warehouse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson Brothers.

Easy hire. They will try to "low-ball" you on the wages to see what you will accept. They will hire after you and if the newer hire has more savvy, they will be getting paid $2-3/hr more than you for the exact same job. Do not do drugs if you seek employment here. They are very

They pay everyone different wages. Pay is confidential ("split shop" - union/non-union....a real mess for any worker there)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Brothers in August 2014.

Initial phone call was to set up interview. First interview 1.5 hours. Was told that decision would be made by the end of the week. Then received call informing me decision would not be made until Monday. Then by the end of the week. Then was called in for a second interview. I was told I would be told by Monday. Then again, by the end of the week. I bowed out of the competition, taking it as a sign of larger issues. I was on the fence with this position, whether I would accept off or not at this point, and this made my decision easy. Why on the fence? First, NO MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT. This is unethical in my opinion, especially being that a rep is required to put appx. 20K annual miles. Second, NO BASE PAY. Again, crazy. Apparently the get away with it though, so good for them. NO VACATION until your one-year anniversary. I have never heard of such a thing. After you put in one year, you then get five days!! Yay!!! But you cannot take them October through New Years. The whole while, I was getting a sense that this was a shady company. In the past few years they have lost Jack Daniels, Jagermeister, etc, etc. while not gaining any. Apparently I am not the only one with these feelings. Why was I on the fence? I guess that is a fair question :)

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Met with Sales Manager and performed a professional sales demonstration.

Interview Questions
    • If proper company and position research conducted, a professional sales person would have no problem confidently answering interview questions.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Brothers.

Had two in person interviews with sales managers and the interview was fairly easy. Basically they spent time getting to know me as a person and I felt it was easy to talk to them. Everyone I had met was really cool and got me excited to work at the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Johnson Brothers?   View Answer
    They made me an offer and I accepted. However the offer was contingent on passing a physical fitness test. I workout 6 days a week and do body building and they told me I did not have a sufficient score. Therefore I did not get the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Brothers in February 2013.

Too long. I met with 4 people and each one of them interviewed me for an hour. The last person I interviewed with in payroll was very cocky and only talked about himself. It was not a good interview.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Brothers in December 2012.

Laid back interview at a Panera. Both the two General Managers conducted the interview. Took around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    An offer was made. I was told what I would likely make, 100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Brothers.

It was a smooth interview. It did seem as if they were looking for someone right out of college. That made me assume a lot of turnover so that they can keep salaries low. They seemed alarmed when I mentioned what I was currently making.

Interview Questions
    • When he asked if I had a criminal record. I unintentionally said no thinking he meant felonies.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kingstown, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kingstown, RI

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Johnson Brothers.

I had an interview with this place back in 2008 for the graphic design opening, the building looks like an old warehouse and the inside was very unspirational. The guy that interviewed me I can only assume was the manager at the time flipped through my portfolio looking at my design work and did not really have anything to say, he admitted he knew nothing about design or how the programs worked. So after grilling me with some questions he sent me over to the designer that was leaving and had him look at my work and asked me the "technical" questions relating to the job.

I was promised a phone call either way to let me know if the job was mine or not, and was told to call back within a week if I did not hear anything. I called a few times on three separate days and the manager was always "busy" or out of the office. I got him on the phone once and then he hung up on me without even saying hello.

Not very professional in my opinion.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Brothers in March 2010.

No real interview was given. If you are familiar with numbers, you're hired. The only questions asked were if I had previously worked in a warehouse and if I could drive an electric pallet jack.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Brothers in September 2009.

Interview process was great. Had an initial interview with the sales manager. Second was with my direct area manager, then the third was with my district manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were not very hard question. Just asked how much experience I had with wine, and how much sales experience I had.   View Answer
    Nothing was negotiable