Johnson Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen was a really enjoyable call. Issue was low salary for job expectations and no flexibility to work remotely occasionally. Expected to manager approx 7 direct reports and salary was more of a Coordinator level vs Director. Good discussion of present challenges of the company and brand and wouldv'e been a fun job.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers.

Interview

Easy hire. They will try to "low-ball" you on the wages to see what you will accept. They will hire after you and if the newer hire has more savvy, they will be getting paid $2-3/hr more than you for the exact same job. Do not do drugs if you seek employment here. They are very

Negotiation

They pay everyone different wages. Pay is confidential ("split shop" - union/non-union....a real mess for any worker there)

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Rapid City, SD) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone call was to set up interview. First interview 1.5 hours. Was told that decision would be made by the end of the week. Then received call informing me decision would not be made until Monday. Then by the end of the week. Then was called in for a second interview. I was told I would be told by Monday. Then again, by the end of the week. I bowed out of the competition, taking it as a sign of larger issues. I was on the fence with this position, whether I would accept off or not at this point, and this made my decision easy. Why on the fence? First, NO MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT. This is unethical in my opinion, especially being that a rep is required to put appx. 20K annual miles. Second, NO BASE PAY. Again, crazy. Apparently the get away with it though, so good for them. NO VACATION until your one-year anniversary. I have never heard of such a thing. After you put in one year, you then get five days!! Yay!!! But you cannot take them October through New Years. The whole while, I was getting a sense that this was a shady company. In the past few years they have lost Jack Daniels, Jagermeister, etc, etc. while not gaining any. Apparently I am not the only one with these feelings. Why was I on the fence? I guess that is a fair question :)

Interview Questions

• "Are you married?" "Kids?"   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Met with Sales Manager and performed a professional sales demonstration.

Interview Questions

• If proper company and position research conducted, a professional sales person would have no problem confidently answering interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Had two in person interviews with sales managers and the interview was fairly easy. Basically they spent time getting to know me as a person and I felt it was easy to talk to them. Everyone I had met was really cool and got me excited to work at the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Johnson Brothers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made me an offer and I accepted. However the offer was contingent on passing a physical fitness test. I workout 6 days a week and do body building and they told me I did not have a sufficient score. Therefore I did not get the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

Too long. I met with 4 people and each one of them interviewed me for an hour. The last person I interviewed with in payroll was very cocky and only talked about himself. It was not a good interview.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Laid back interview at a Panera. Both the two General Managers conducted the interview. Took around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

An offer was made. I was told what I would likely make, 100% commission.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

It was a smooth interview. It did seem as if they were looking for someone right out of college. That made me assume a lot of turnover so that they can keep salaries low. They seemed alarmed when I mentioned what I was currently making.

Interview Questions

• When he asked if I had a criminal record. I unintentionally said no thinking he meant felonies.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (North Kingstown, RI).

Interview

I had an interview with this place back in 2008 for the graphic design opening, the building looks like an old warehouse and the inside was very unspirational. The guy that interviewed me I can only assume was the manager at the time flipped through my portfolio looking at my design work and did not really have anything to say, he admitted he knew nothing about design or how the programs worked. So after grilling me with some questions he sent me over to the designer that was leaving and had him look at my work and asked me the "technical" questions relating to the job. I was promised a phone call either way to let me know if the job was mine or not, and was told to call back within a week if I did not hear anything. I called a few times on three separate days and the manager was always "busy" or out of the office. I got him on the phone once and then he hung up on me without even saying hello. Not very professional in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

Good Interview, asked about background. Friendly, comfortable environment. Two interviews with different management. Physical test and background check were both easy. Typical questions related to experience. Liked the management. Inspiring.