Johnson Controls

Very Difficult Interview

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Austin, TX

I interviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2012.

Interview Details – Apply for the location and position you truly feel is your most desired. Show that you have a drive to win and can do so ethically.

Interview Question – Does money matter?   View Answer

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2013.

Interview Details – Found opening on LinkedIn and then applied via Johnson Controls' website. Regional sales manager called a week or two after posting the application, and asked to set up an interview. I interviewed with regional sales manager and branch manager. Interview was fairly loose; there was no strict regimen for questioning followed. Questions like: Why this position? Why Johnson Controls? What are the components of an HVAC system? What project are you most proud of? Etc. I did my research on the company's product offerings via their website. I read A LOT about the company before the interview to prepare.

Received a phone call 1 week later, asking to come in for another interview, which was scheduled 1 week after the call. Second interview was with branch manager, HR rep, and a former salesman turned HVAC technician. Interview was similar to first one. No barrage of questions or "tricky" questions.

After second interview, took 3-4 weeks for a job offer. Process was PAINFULLY slow and required several approvals from management. From first call to job offer was probably 7 weeks. Then had to complete the HireRight background check and LabCorp drug screening, which took about 2 weeks. So, first interview to start date was 2.5 months. Incredibly long hiring process, IMO.

Interview Question – Having little sales experience, they questioned my dedication to sales. They mentioned putting me in a tech position for 3-5 years then potentially moving me to sales afterward.   View Answer

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!