Johnson Controls Director Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.3

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The phone interview seemed typical. The in person interview was several 1/2 hour meetings that seemed completely unstructured except the interaction with the human resources consultant. I was not given much time at all with the actual hiring leader. I had to follow up post offer to ask questions of the leader about the role from their perspective and their management style.

Interview Questions

The offer did not include all the information needed to make a decision. I had to drive to get information about relocation and benefits.The offer was different than discussed in the interview and was less as an overall compensation package than my current position for a promotional role. There was NO room for negotiation and it seemed like an inconvenience that I asked. The hiring process was not at all like the reputation of the organization as an employer. I really wanted the position based on what I had heard about the company being employee friendly...but the selection process was not candidate friendly or focused.

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter in Milwaukee requesting my availability to setup a phone interview. I emailed her my availability but did not get a response after a week. I then called her and she scheduled the interview. She took my number down and said she will call me. On the day and time of the phone interview, she did not call. I called her and left her a message to see if the interview will still take place. I also emailed her but she never got back to me to explain why the interview did not take place or if she was going to reschedule. I left her another message after then but she never responded.

I'm appauled by the negative experience and extremely poor communication by this recruiter. The marketing recruiter is either overwhelmed by the workload or is incompetent. I would have expected much better from a company like Johnson Controls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed one on one with 5 different people including my potential boss, HR, and some other senior folks in the organization. General behavioral and basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated offer including position, salary, vacation and signing bonus

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Straight forward and easy, not complicated. Final decision made by the senior management, HR advices only. Customer focus and sales is highly appreciated as a skill.
    Recruiters are very professional. They are former headhunters, know their job very well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing Johnson Controls would still exist in 30 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward, open to discuss on a lot