Johnson Controls Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2011.

A phone interview with the HR followed with a personal interview with the hiring manager after 2 weeks. 3 days after that i did the drug test and filled information of my background check. All communication after that was between me the Hiring manager.....I was asked to forward a copy of my ssn card and green card. problem that my green card was in process of being corrected due to error by the USCIS. I tried to convince them many times that it is only a matter of time till i received it. I provided all proofs/documents needed. Yet No response.
I understand that companies may not want to get into immigration stuff, but HR main job is to get in touch with the candidates if there is any action required from him/her.
But I really appreciate what all efforts done by the hiring manager in being a conduit between me and the HR, knowing that it is not his job to so.
Last time i called the hiring manager was when i received my green card, but by that time, I learned that JCI is not hiring right now till the end of the year. joining such a great corporation would have been a great opportunity for me, but maybe i was not meant to work for them at the time being. may bey in the future.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were about my background. so all questions will be asked using your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2010.

Interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of engineers. Thought the company was well positioned for the future, and wanted to proceed further. Did not get a call back, but received a letter thanking me for my time. I would like to interview again.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2011.

One week after I sent my documents, JCI offered me a telephone interview. I was asked to introduce myself. Then came some questions about my several studies, e.g. why did I choose to study mechanical engineering in Germany, how was the process while I was working on my thesis etc.
    The next week I got a face-to-face interview with a chief engineer and a recruit specialist. It was the most perfect interview that I have ever experienced. Three days later, I got the offer.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2010.

Phone interview with HR, followed by one on one interviews with 4 Managers, followed by one on one interview with VP level.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2007.

I met and interviewed by an HR representative and the manager for the group individually. Then with a group of 3 from the team I was interviewing to join.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2009.

Interview was professional and provided good information about the position and salary range and benifits. It was not a good fit for me or the company. Interview was a one-on-one interview and I think there were many people in the interview pool.

Interview Questions

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!