Johnson Controls

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview with the HR followed with a personal interview with the hiring manager after 2 weeks. 3 days after that i did the drug test and filled information of my background check. All communication after that was between me the Hiring manager.....I was asked to forward a copy of my ssn card and green card. problem that my green card was in process of being corrected due to error by the USCIS. I tried to convince them many times that it is only a matter of time till i received it. I provided all proofs/documents needed. Yet No response.
I understand that companies may not want to get into immigration stuff, but HR main job is to get in touch with the candidates if there is any action required from him/her.
But I really appreciate what all efforts done by the hiring manager in being a conduit between me and the HR, knowing that it is not his job to so.
Last time i called the hiring manager was when i received my green card, but by that time, I learned that JCI is not hiring right now till the end of the year. joining such a great corporation would have been a great opportunity for me, but maybe i was not meant to work for them at the time being. may bey in the future.

Interview Question – All questions were about my background. so all questions will be asked using your resume.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of engineers. Thought the company was well positioned for the future, and wanted to proceed further. Did not get a call back, but received a letter thanking me for my time. I would like to interview again.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Burscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2011.

Interview Details – One week after I sent my documents, JCI offered me a telephone interview. I was asked to introduce myself. Then came some questions about my several studies, e.g. why did I choose to study mechanical engineering in Germany, how was the process while I was working on my thesis etc.
The next week I got a face-to-face interview with a chief engineer and a recruit specialist. It was the most perfect interview that I have ever experienced. Three days later, I got the offer.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by one on one interviews with 4 Managers, followed by one on one interview with VP level.

Interview Question – Why do ou think you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2007.

Interview Details – I met and interviewed by an HR representative and the manager for the group individually. Then with a group of 3 from the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Question – What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was professional and provided good information about the position and salary range and benifits. It was not a good fit for me or the company. Interview was a one-on-one interview and I think there were many people in the interview pool.

Interview Question – How well do you perform in a group setting   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!