Johnson Controls GET Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.5

GET Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Phone interview was easy.
LAter on was called for further one on one technical interview.
It was quiet unaware about technical interview,
Interview consisted of basic questions.
One must have strong basics.
A good experience
Good enviornment

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Chennai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a pool campus placement conducted for departments EIE,ICE,CSE and IT.
    first round was technical+aptitude exam.Once cleared the exam there is a One on One technical interview where basic core knowledge is tested.If one on one interview is cleared there is a another round of interview where this time there are 6 interviewers this is a technical plus HR round.Be ready to stay for long time as the interview process takes a lot of time.after interviews results were announced after an hour.

Interview Questions

• what is DCS,LIC,PLC?current in a short circuited loop??   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Was a pool campus-all colleges having IT branch participated.Eligibility : Students of 7th semester Instrumentation having agg of 50% & above.
    First round-written test which includes technical+logical, reasoning, quant+english(questions were mainly from previous years GATE papers). Negative marking of 0.5 mark. So make sure you answer only those you are confident of.
    Out of around 250 people, 50 cleared the first round. It took nearly 3 hours to declare the results of round 1.
    Second round-1:2 interview 1HR and 1Technical person.Tech.Questions were mainly on basic concepts of HVAC systems, ambient temperature, sensors, transducers, operating temperature ranges of few transducers, Bernoulli's theorem, PID controllers,was asked to plot curves for diff control modes, briefing on projects and internships.
    HR questions-Introduce yourself, where do you see yourself in next 5 years, be aware about the position you mention, you should be able to explain the role in detail.
    Why not higher studies? They dont look for exact answers but how you manage to answer logically and manage the situation as they wont wait for your answers and keep on pouring with question one on another.Make sure you take hold of the situation and preferably use a sheet of paper to explain-this shows your confidence. Dont say "I dont know" for any question coz it leaves a negative impression on them.
    My interview lasted for around 30 min.
    There was a long wait of 6 hours for the second round.
    Out of 50, 15 (consisting of only 4 girls-was glad to be one among them :) )cleared the second round.
    Third round-A panel of 8 interviewers. Out of which 2 observe your body language and dont ask any questions.
     In this round, each one of the interviewers(except 2) shoots with questions to examine your capability to handle such a situation. Usual HR ques-introduce yourself, etc, I was asked on internship, not on what I did, rather about the institution in which I underwent internship-it was a DRDO org so was asked about technologies used there.
    They give a detailed look into your resume and ask questions from it.
    How do you measure distance,height, how does a microwave oven works...
    They have your written test answer scripts with them and ask questions relating to them as to why did you mark so and so ans and not other choices, why is your score less in a particular section...The most unexpected question asked was why my score was less in a particular technical section as compared to English sec score, though my academic scores were good. It was evident from their facial expressions that my explanation to this question did not satisfy them. And I could anticipate what my result would be after this :P
    My interview lasted for 10-15 min.
    Final results were announced in 30 min.
     Written test started at 10 am and final announcement of results at 9:30 pm.
    Out of 15, 3 were selected(2 boys and 1 girl). Though I was not one among them, the whole process was a wonderful experience as they gave us important inputs with regards to how to face an interview and made us feel good by saying, only 5% of total appearing for interview process can clear the written test. So coming till the last round made me feel good :)
    Total recruits made by johnson controls in India is usually between 10-15. This year the count was 13.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question asked was why my score was less in a particular technical section as compared to English sec score, though my academic scores were good. It was evident from their facial expressions that my explanation to this question did not satisfy them. And I could anticipate what my result would be after this :P   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of basically three rounds all of those were eliminating;
    1.Written process
    2. Technical interview
    3. HR interview
    Written test was a combined aptitude+technical test. after getting selected for the interview,
    i went for the interview and there i was asked about my basic introduction, projects undertaken, training and few questions on my favorite subject. In HR interview i was asked about the job location preference, and some more basic hr ques..