Johnson Controls

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Holland, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
reference check: they did call my references
second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Question – Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   View Answer

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
Holland, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – no idea ,no new hires (factory) in several years

Interview Question – why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Holland, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2012.

Interview Details – Face to face interview consisted of three thirty minute meetings with decision making team. Each person had different questions than the other and provided me with a thorough understanding of their position and history with the company. They each allowed time for me to ask questions and it was an easy dialog.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary - they met my needs and being contract, it isn't the place to barter.

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Holland, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in September 2010.

Interview Details – At first there was a 1 hour phone interview with the manager of my group. I was interviewing for Automotive Group. At these stage they check for your broader understanding of the technology you will be working with. Be clear and crisp about the answers. Be sure to tell what you expect from the new job you are looking for.

I had several other offers, I told them about that and may be because of that they called me next week to Holland , MI campus for direct interviews. You should be technically sound, think what you say. Don't beat around the bush, if you dont know tell you dont know. expect 3 -4 rounds like that. Followed by a lunch in a nearby restaurant along with the team, dont oversell you there, and interact with the team carefully. This is followed by Panel interview with senior managers( i think at this level they would have already decided ) I was very confused whether to take this offer, since I was having several others at hand. Seems like my decision was good to select this one on a stability point of view.

Interview Question – Why JCI when I am coming from a much known Technology Software leader ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough negotiator. Negotiate well.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!