Johnson Controls

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.5

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Submitted resume on Career site and got a phone screen set up for the same week. Asked me to tell me about myself and then explained what I would be doing at the internship. Was expecting to progress to an in person interview with the Hiring manager but instead was hired in about a week after the phone screen. Pleasant experience.

No negotiation. $17.50 for a part-time college internship is very nice therefore negotiation is not needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2008.

Manager called me after seeing my LinkedIn profile & recruited me to new role. Sounded very exciting.
    Invited me on site for 3 1:1 interviews in small, interview room. Met with 3 members of HR that talked more than they asked questions. Turns out they didn't even know the group that the new position would be supporting so I had to request to meet that team before accepting their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were part of a group, but not the leader and you had to take charge.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to obtain buy in or support from those above you and how you were able to convince them   Answer Question
    Negotiated sign on bonus and extra week vacation.
    Salary has very little wiggle room