Johnson Controls

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – I originally gave my resume to a friend who worked full-time at Johnson Controls. She forwarded my information to someone at the company, and HR called me a month or two after to set up an interview. I spoke with HR briefly about my background, and they set up the on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted a couple hours. I interviewed with an HR representative about my skills and background and then met with the director and VP hiring for the department. I also did a brief skills test (more info. in "Most Difficult or Unexpected Question" section).

I did not receive an offer for the first position for which I interviewed, but because of my other skills and strengths, they passed my information on to another department. I interviewed separately with the other team, and they offered me a long-term internship.

Interview Question – During the interview, I was given a set of data in Excel to "analyze" and had to make a short presentation about my findings. I had about 30 minutes to complete this step. With my experience at the time (university classes), I found this to be quite difficult because of the large amount of data and the freedom to complete the task.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week of applying online. The interviewer was very polite and was obviously very prepared for the interview. The interviewer gauged my knowledge and experience by asking deeper and deeper questions until he found my limit. There were no irrelevant questions. I really appreciate that he took the time to thoroughly explain the duties and the context of the position.

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – Pretty straighforward

Interview Question – How will you add value?   Answer Question

Glendale, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was called to set up an interview for the following week. I was given an interview schedule prior to the interview and met with two panels of two members each. Interview was mostly formal consisting of questions pertaining to my prior education and work experience.

Interview Question – How did your experience working at such and such a place prepare you for the position at our company.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by phone first.

General questions regarding coursework, GPA, activities and other job relevant questions.

Was then brought in for 3 face to face interviews with members of the group I would be working with.

Questions regarding ethics, skillset, and a short case study were asked.

Sat around for 1-2 months thinking that I would not ever hear from them. Found a new job but received a call to meet with a VP. Met with that day, got the offer and accepted within a week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to do something that you had never done before.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation at this point.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – The process consisted of talking back and for with HR and a phone interview. The phone interview just consisted of questions relating to the job to be done.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!