Johnson Controls

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Product Management Interview

Global Product Management
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2014.

Interview Details – I met with four different people within the company for 30 minutes each after being emailed about a position I applied to two weeks prior. Its was very laid back and they were mostly interested in what examples you can give on things you've done that would help with the position. Many of the typical interview questions were asked and almost no pressure at all. Overall, the process took about four weeks from the time I applied, to being contacted to interview, to actually interviewing.

Interview Question – How many diapers does the City of Milwaukee go through in a year?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Hartford, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was for a Sales Engineering position in Conneticut. They flew me out for one day from Philadelphia and took me out to lunch. They brought in r each one of the other sales engineers on the floor in to talk to me.

Interview Question – What Sales Expericence do you have?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – I originally gave my resume to a friend who worked full-time at Johnson Controls. She forwarded my information to someone at the company, and HR called me a month or two after to set up an interview. I spoke with HR briefly about my background, and they set up the on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted a couple hours. I interviewed with an HR representative about my skills and background and then met with the director and VP hiring for the department. I also did a brief skills test (more info. in "Most Difficult or Unexpected Question" section).

I did not receive an offer for the first position for which I interviewed, but because of my other skills and strengths, they passed my information on to another department. I interviewed separately with the other team, and they offered me a long-term internship.

Interview Question – During the interview, I was given a set of data in Excel to "analyze" and had to make a short presentation about my findings. I had about 30 minutes to complete this step. With my experience at the time (university classes), I found this to be quite difficult because of the large amount of data and the freedom to complete the task.   Answer Question

Assembler, Kitter Interview

Assembler, Kitter
Sycamore, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, a week or two later I was interviewed by one of the superintendents. A couple days after that, I was called and asked if I could start the following Monday. I was getting married soon, and knew I would need to be off of work for a couple weeks, coming shortly. They said they would call me back after I returned from our honeymoon "if they still needed` people." I didn't hold out much hope, yet, on the Friday before I returned home, they called again. "Can you start Monday?" I was shocked. I could not give my current employer 2 weeks notice, but I took it anyway.

Interview Question – This is an assembly line job, and I wasn't asked any unexpected questions. Still, it was a bit hard to answer why I wanted to work for JCI, a company I hadn't heard of until about 2 weeks prior.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, as I did not have previous experience in this field, and was more than happy with what the established contract provided.

Systems Technician II Interview

Systems Technician II
Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was quick and easy. I think it all comes down to if they need you they will hire you but if they don't need you I wouldn't expect a long interview.

Interview Question – there was not unexpected questions or anything that made the interview process uneasy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 10% increase in salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week of applying online. The interviewer was very polite and was obviously very prepared for the interview. The interviewer gauged my knowledge and experience by asking deeper and deeper questions until he found my limit. There were no irrelevant questions. I really appreciate that he took the time to thoroughly explain the duties and the context of the position.

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had one interview with regional sales manager, basically him selling me on the job.

Negotiation Details – I asked for more they said take it or leave it. They did give me a 3k/month guarantee but that turned out to be useless because it was a draw against commissions earned and I earned more than the guarantee.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with a onsite interview with the chief engineer and a product engineer with whom I'd be working for inside the business unit and it was set up by contract recruitor. It was on a Friday so the interview was a bit relaxed. I was asked question about my previous background.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Holland, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
reference check: they did call my references
second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Question – Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – Recruiter, Phone Interview, 2 personal interviews.

Interview Question – Typical Interview questions, i.e. strength and weaknesses, what attracts you to JCI.   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!