Johnson Controls

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.8

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

The phone interview seemed typical. The in person interview was several 1/2 hour meetings that seemed completely unstructured except the interaction with the human resources consultant. I was not given much time at all with the actual hiring leader. I had to follow up post offer to ask questions of the leader about the role from their perspective and their management style.

Interview Questions

The offer did not include all the information needed to make a decision. I had to drive to get information about relocation and benefits.The offer was different than discussed in the interview and was less as an overall compensation package than my current position for a promotional role. There was NO room for negotiation and it seemed like an inconvenience that I asked. The hiring process was not at all like the reputation of the organization as an employer. I really wanted the position based on what I had heard about the company being employee friendly...but the selection process was not candidate friendly or focused.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

This was with the power solutions side of the business. Everyone was really nice and they just asked basic questions on my career goals and what i do in my current roll. The one thing I will say is that i applied for this job on December 2nd I didn't get a call for a phone interview until late January so it just takes time..

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions. It wasn't scripted and none of the questions started with tell me of a time where....?   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McCalla, AL
    Anonymous Employee in McCalla, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2015.

There were two individuals who interviewed me for about an hour. They said the initial interview was to be all about me. I talked about my prior work history. They did tell me some about the company and why the position was available.

Principal Engineer - York HQ Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

About 2 weeks after applying online, I had a phone interview(about 30 minutes). After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I was contacted to schedule my on site Interview. There were 6, half hour interviews - some more laid back than others. I got the impression that they had already chosen me for the job, based off of my resume. Each person who interviewed me basically ran over my resume, as if to verify the information to make sure they had the right person.

Also, once I officially accepted, the background check process was TERRIBLE. A third party performs it and I basically had to do their job for them by providing all kinds of information and documents that they could not verify - very stressful and annoying. Others at my new job have confirmed similar difficulty with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any true interview questions, like "what are your weaknesses". Mostly questions regarding my prior work history and background.   Answer Question
    I made a small counter (~3%) on salary and vacation and it was accepted.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Was called a couple of days after I had filled out an application.I set up an interview for the following week.The interview was with the maintenance supervisor and a maintenance work leader.They asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience and education.The whole process went well.The following week I was called in for a drug test and when the results came in ,an offer was made and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If I had ever worked on sewage pumps in the middle of summer in NC?   View Answer

Engineering Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

I originally applied to Interview through our on campus recruitment process and was interviewed on campus by two project managers from the building efficiency division. This was a first round interview and mainly focused on my past experience and the skills i had. Expect to be asked to go into more detail on the things listed within your resume; specifically the skills that were gained from your past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The interview mainly focused on elaboration of past experience. I came in with a very strong resume and felt the questions were mainly focused around legitimizing what i had put onto my resume.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2014.

Applied online, got a call 30 days later for a phone screening and 3 weeks later had face to face interview. After that 3 days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You get an offer and that's it.

Intern Interview

Interview was in person during an energy conference and a month later I was contacted over the phone for another interview manly describing school projects. Started the internship during the summer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Talent Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in November 2014.

The interview process was very pleasant if a bit lengthy. The team was being created brand new, and there were several individuals of varying executive level involved in the interview process. Each interview was a very friendly conversation 1:1 with one of the members of the hiring team. Several questions were asked in which specific examples from past experience were asked for.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in November 2014.

Initial contact at university recruiting. Applied for position online and was contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview. 2 weeks after the video interview received an invitation to join the Fall interviewing event for a whole weekend in Milwaukee. It's been 3 weeks since then and haven't heard back yet.