Johnson Controls

139 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Holland, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
reference check: they did call my references
second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Question – Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – Recruiter, Phone Interview, 2 personal interviews.

Interview Question – Typical Interview questions, i.e. strength and weaknesses, what attracts you to JCI.   Answer Question

Lean Six Sigma Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – Applied from LinkedIn post. Hired within 4 months.

Interview Question – Normal questions. Nothing new   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – It was very comfortable. There was no need to be nervous about anything and the people were very welcoming. As long as you can answer some technical questions it should not be too difficult

Interview Question – What kind of topping do I like on my pizza   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – General interview questions. Nothing too tough.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. What are your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by JCI recruiter and then accepted for an interview. Initial interview with Branch Manager and with Sales Manager and other office Project Manager. Positive feedback due to my experience in the industry. I had another telephone interview and then another interview with service people. I was familiar with the industry so I felt comfortable with position requirements although I had worked in sales and not in service. Interviewed 1 week before 7/4/13 but was not offered position until 8/2013. Much time wasted before starting position.

Interview Question – How many windows are in the building?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate and I thought that the offer was fair based on my previous experience. I did not realize the difference in the payscale because of economical changes since I had had a similar position at a similar distance from my home.

Office Services Generalist III Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – One interview and was hired to start the very next week. I came in a few days the previous week and got to experience what the everyday routine would be and I was satisfied that I could do the job.

O&M Manager II Interview

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview with the HR department. Second interview was a phone interview with hiring manager. Third interview I flew to job location and did a face to face interview with 6 people. After this was one on one interviews with the 6 different people.

Interview Question – How you would increase sales. What was the most difficult customer you had to deal and how did you handle it. What is your glaring weakness. After you have answered a question they keep asking and what else would you do. Most difficult interview for me is when there are 2 or more people interviewing you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Maximo Administrative Assistant Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired thru Rose International a temp / temp to perm agency.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward interview process. Met company at a career fair where initial screening took place. Followed up with formal interview at HQ. Interviews were all fit / behavioral based.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions / all fit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson Controls interview questions and advice. All 139 interview reviews posted anonymously by Johnson Controls employees and interview candidates.