Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone interview was first. Then an in-person interview. I've never had a more uncomfortable and disappointing interview. I was put in a very tiny room. In-person interview with 5 people in one day was the next step. First interviewer was late, but kind. Second person was awkward, unfriendly and didn't seem to enjoy interviewing people. Only talked about her job. Third person never showed up. Fourth person was someone I would work with closely, and quite honestly seemed like a nasty, grumpy human. I knew at that point even if offered the job, I would not take it. She did NOT sell the job. Basically saying that its hard and there are a lot of people I would need to be at their beck and call. The last person - the HR rep - was 33 minutes late. I was just about to storm out because I have a job to get back to when she showed. I sent a thank you letter, but I never received any communication from them after I left. Not even a "sorry, we hired someone else." Just an extremely unprofessional company from what I experienced.

Interview Questions

• If someone tells you they will not follow your recommendation and want to do what they want to do, what would you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was the standard process. I met with HR first, then met with the hiring manager. Nice team, but I was not interested in the position after hearing more about it.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2015.

Interview

First Interview was face to face with multiple people, second interview was a phone interview. First interviews were with Hiring manager and other senior management. The second interview was a technical focused discussion involving past work and future preferences. Discussion included at least 14 pointed questions involving technical subject matter.

Principal Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

after applying to this position on the company website, i heard from a company recruiter almost immediately and scheduled a phone interview which went fairly well or so I thought. I was told that the recruiter would speak to the hiring manager and let me know about scheduling an on site interview. after about 2 weeks (much longer than I was told to expect), the recruiter let me know that the position had been offered to another candidate whose interview process predated mine (so I was told). I should have suspected that something was up when she gauged my interest in an alternate (more advanced) position for which I am not qualified. overall, a disappointing interview process (needless to say).

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked several softball questions about my experience and interests but seemed to steer me towards another position which was more senior relative to the one to which i applied   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

Project based work - initial interview with HR then interviewed with Project Director. HR were pretty general questions - Education and experience. Project Director questions more specific. Pleasant experience - more of a professional conversation than a hard Q&A. Left feeling confident, not beat-up.

Interview Questions

• Technical position - questions along the lines of how you would support and resolve technical issues at the project   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract based position, not much negotiation room based on bid prices.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was not very well thought out and only 1 person had any questions. There was some back and forth, but I have been working there for over 17 years so I knew a lot about the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I change the position to make the company a better place to work   1 Answer

Space Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was 10 minutes late calling. She seemed rushed to ask me questions which flustered me a bit on my answers. I was told I would hear with in a week from the company. The only thing I have heard so far is that they have my information, which doesn't sound promising. It is a bit disappointing because I have no way of really following up with the interviewer or the application.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews with the managers over the course of the day. 2 open interviews and 1 structured. Overall the process was pretty easy. I had lunch with some of the staff and thought they were nice. Just not sure if the fit was right for me...

Seating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions about my attitude and my work ethics. There were not a lot of questions pertaining to seating or my perceived duties. I felt that with the emphasis on innovation, cost, weight, and features, there would be more questions about my accomplishment and contributions to the organization. And where would I fit in to yours.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked for GM before   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2015.

Interview

LONG!!! I started with a recruiter, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, did an online assessment and talked to the Director of HR for the company. Then, finally!, took a day off of work, flew to another city and met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical work related stuff. Then about the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question