Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

Met 7 people in a day from morning to late afternoon. Interviewers range from staff auditors to Audit directors. Some focus on soft skills, one interview focused a lot on technical questions, including auditing terms, formulas....

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The phone interview seemed typical. The in person interview was several 1/2 hour meetings that seemed completely unstructured except the interaction with the human resources consultant. I was not given much time at all with the actual hiring leader. I had to follow up post offer to ask questions of the leader about the role from their perspective and their management style.

Interview Questions

The offer did not include all the information needed to make a decision. I had to drive to get information about relocation and benefits.The offer was different than discussed in the interview and was less as an overall compensation package than my current position for a promotional role. There was NO room for negotiation and it seemed like an inconvenience that I asked. The hiring process was not at all like the reputation of the organization as an employer. I really wanted the position based on what I had heard about the company being employee friendly...but the selection process was not candidate friendly or focused.

Entry Level SCM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Met the hiring manager at a career fair. Received a call for a face-to-face the following week. The Interview had 3 rotations of 2 people at a time. Supposed to be more, but most people couldn't make it. Some interviewers were nice, but some seemed like they were forced to be there.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you, ethics question, what do you do for fun, leadership question. Mostly straight forward and a lot of overlap of questions between rotations.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

This was with the power solutions side of the business. Everyone was really nice and they just asked basic questions on my career goals and what i do in my current roll. The one thing I will say is that i applied for this job on December 2nd I didn't get a call for a phone interview until late January so it just takes time..

Interview Questions

• Simple questions. It wasn't scripted and none of the questions started with tell me of a time where....?   Answer Question

Collections Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Cypress, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and a second interview which was face to face with hiring manager and two of her managers. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted 1 hour and the second lasted 25 minutes. Both times the hiring manager said to call her with any questions and she gave a strong indication that she was very interested. She was very specific explaining when their decision would be made and when the starting day was, but no offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• How would your employer react when you give notice.   Answer Question
    • You manage people in your present position, would you find collections fullfilling?   Answer Question

Advanced Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Went over mostly resume experience ans few questions on quality and concepts. Phone screen had some questions regarding quality tools, usage, sequence and techniques. described the company, the function and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Cp, Cpk, how do you know a process is not good though numbers look good   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Johnson Controls (McCalla, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two individuals who interviewed me for about an hour. They said the initial interview was to be all about me. I talked about my prior work history. They did tell me some about the company and why the position was available.

Principal Engineer - York HQ Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

About 2 weeks after applying online, I had a phone interview(about 30 minutes). After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I was contacted to schedule my on site Interview. There were 6, half hour interviews - some more laid back than others. I got the impression that they had already chosen me for the job, based off of my resume. Each person who interviewed me basically ran over my resume, as if to verify the information to make sure they had the right person.

Also, once I officially accepted, the background check process was TERRIBLE. A third party performs it and I basically had to do their job for them by providing all kinds of information and documents that they could not verify - very stressful and annoying. Others at my new job have confirmed similar difficulty with the process.

Interview Questions

• Not really any true interview questions, like "what are your weaknesses". Mostly questions regarding my prior work history and background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made a small counter (~3%) on salary and vacation and it was accepted.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Was called a couple of days after I had filled out an application.I set up an interview for the following week.The interview was with the maintenance supervisor and a maintenance work leader.They asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience and education.The whole process went well.The following week I was called in for a drug test and when the results came in ,an offer was made and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked on sewage pumps in the middle of summer in NC?   1 Answer

Engineering Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I originally applied to Interview through our on campus recruitment process and was interviewed on campus by two project managers from the building efficiency division. This was a first round interview and mainly focused on my past experience and the skills i had. Expect to be asked to go into more detail on the things listed within your resume; specifically the skills that were gained from your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• The interview mainly focused on elaboration of past experience. I came in with a very strong resume and felt the questions were mainly focused around legitimizing what i had put onto my resume.   Answer Question