Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

Project based work - initial interview with HR then interviewed with Project Director. HR were pretty general questions - Education and experience. Project Director questions more specific. Pleasant experience - more of a professional conversation than a hard Q&A. Left feeling confident, not beat-up.

Interview Questions

• Technical position - questions along the lines of how you would support and resolve technical issues at the project   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract based position, not much negotiation room based on bid prices.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was 10 minutes late calling. She seemed rushed to ask me questions which flustered me a bit on my answers. I was told I would hear with in a week from the company. The only thing I have heard so far is that they have my information, which doesn't sound promising. It is a bit disappointing because I have no way of really following up with the interviewer or the application.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews with the managers over the course of the day. 2 open interviews and 1 structured. Overall the process was pretty easy. I had lunch with some of the staff and thought they were nice. Just not sure if the fit was right for me...

Seating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions about my attitude and my work ethics. There were not a lot of questions pertaining to seating or my perceived duties. I felt that with the emphasis on innovation, cost, weight, and features, there would be more questions about my accomplishment and contributions to the organization. And where would I fit in to yours.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked for GM before   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2015.

Interview

LONG!!! I started with a recruiter, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, did an online assessment and talked to the Director of HR for the company. Then, finally!, took a day off of work, flew to another city and met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical work related stuff. Then about the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Systems Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Capitol Heights, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers at first. Got selected for a follow up interview on-site where I had to do a 30 minute presentation on a technical topic of my choosing in front of about 8 people. They then asked me several questions about my experiences and then I sat down with a sales rep to talk more about the job. Very personable interviewers. Very exciting job opportunity. They did a great job of giving you an idea of what it would entail and the corporate culture. My only issue was that they took around 2 months to decide to go with another candidate and then they didn't even notify me or my recruiter. Struck me as rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how you learned about a particular topic enough to be a subject matter expert to your clients.   Answer Question

Adm Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Adecco Temp agency sent me to interview with Project Coordinator then Project Manager. I was made aware of the fact I would be working in a trailer in the project parking lot.

Interview Questions

• Was I available to remain for the duration of the contract? Did I feel uncomfortable working near a jail facility?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and approximately two months later I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. Had a phone interview with my potential supervisor. From there they invited me to the sales and engineering office to speak with the supervisor and two other directors. They called me a few days later to tell me that I obtained the position. The offer was contingent upon a successful background check and pre-employment drug screen.

Interview Questions

• You live outside of a 50 mile radius. How will this affect your ability to be on time?   Answer Question

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied about 3 weeks ago then received an email from the HR that hiring manager wanted to do an in-person interview. Set the appointment through email. Met with 2 people in their MBC unit. I actually enjoyed the interview process, both were very nice. I guess the interview process depends on the company and the department you are interviewing with - my interview was to-the-point. NO DRAMA. They never contacted me back to let me know either way. I emailed after a week to find out, still haven't heard 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they wanted someone who could start the position with minimal training. So, most of the questions were regarding the experience and job description. Two hour long interview and only 2 or 3 personally/behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The phone interview seemed typical. The in person interview was several 1/2 hour meetings that seemed completely unstructured except the interaction with the human resources consultant. I was not given much time at all with the actual hiring leader. I had to follow up post offer to ask questions of the leader about the role from their perspective and their management style.

Interview Questions

The offer did not include all the information needed to make a decision. I had to drive to get information about relocation and benefits.The offer was different than discussed in the interview and was less as an overall compensation package than my current position for a promotional role. There was NO room for negotiation and it seemed like an inconvenience that I asked. The hiring process was not at all like the reputation of the organization as an employer. I really wanted the position based on what I had heard about the company being employee friendly...but the selection process was not candidate friendly or focused.