Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

The process consisted of talking back and for with HR and a phone interview. The phone interview just consisted of questions relating to the job to be done.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

no idea ,no new hires (factory) in several years

Sales Engineer Interview

There were two interviews; one was at a campus recruiting event, and the other was at headquarters located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The employees were very pleasant, and everyone I met seemed happy to work there. The interview at Milwaukee was split up into 3 face to face interviews with different people in the company.

Credit Intern Interview

I got the interview through I friend who worked there. There was no on campus interview or phone call, they just had me send in my resume and then they emailed me saying I had an interview. I was then interviewed by a few managers who I would be working directly with. It was very informal and light hearted.

BEST Student Program Interview

Applied through college recruiting and got a call to set up a teleconference interview. Got an email a couple weeks later inviting me to their national interview process for the BEST program. They flew me out to WI, and I sat down for two 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to persuade/sell someone something.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Pretty straighforward

All Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Very long and drawn out all the positons I have held I waited 4-6 months to find out if I got the position

Interview Questions
    doens't really matter it is what it is

Process Owner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Online app - prepare to cut and paste every portion of your resume. .doc and .pdf do not translate well.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2012.

I received an email from a recruiter in Milwaukee requesting my availability to setup a phone interview. I emailed her my availability but did not get a response after a week. I then called her and she scheduled the interview. She took my number down and said she will call me. On the day and time of the phone interview, she did not call. I called her and left her a message to see if the interview will still take place. I also emailed her but she never got back to me to explain why the interview did not take place or if she was going to reschedule. I left her another message after then but she never responded.

I'm appauled by the negative experience and extremely poor communication by this recruiter. The marketing recruiter is either overwhelmed by the workload or is incompetent. I would have expected much better from a company like Johnson Controls.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

3 rounds.2 technical interviews and 1 HR