Johnson Controls

2.8

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

I interviewed with the JCI staff. After they decided, I had interviews with the customer. This happened at each site I worked.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficuly question I remember was how had i failed in some way and how or what I did to learn or benifit from it.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

The Hiring and interview process was thorough and to the point. New employees were placed to that job that were the right fit. If that employee didn,t fit that position the were moved to a better fit of employment. Johnson Controls holds no punches. No Holds Barred Company. I would go back to work for Johnson Controls Battery Divison anyday

Service Technical Intern III Interview

It was pretty informal. I was dressed to the nines. Only the branch manager seemed to know who I was or what I was there for. We pretty much went over my resume.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. He thought my resume was impressive.   Answer Question
    He asked me how much I wanted to be paid. I was taken aback, but I said around $15 an hour would be reasonable (2011). I gotan offer at $17.50

O&M Site Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

had 1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews. very standard process

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

JC in Greenville, TX provides security access for AT&T personnel. Made it to the interview process. Very thorough. Was one of three to advance into background check, reference check, etc. Left feeling very optimistic very excited about position, but did not get this position. Interviewer was excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer did not ask a lot of questions. Made the statement to me that my background fit very well for the Service Agent position. Very thorough.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

The phone screen by the recruiter in Milwaukee was fantastic. She was friendly and thorough. The actual, on-site interview with the then-acting plant manager, and the hiring manager were something else. They did all the talking and asked me absolutely no questions. The hiring manager had barely read my resume.

Interview Questions
    • "If you have to chose between the plant and the customer, who do you pick?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation,

Energy Solutions Development Engineer Interview

You will be interviewed by engineer manager, sales manager, and possible another engineer or sales person. One will be asking the odd questions of how you handle situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your team is failing and falling behind schedule?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

As I've walked into the building, the interior is very old and musty. The chairs were old and dirty. It seems like they didn't put much effort into up- keeping the production plant. HR was late and the position is not even the same as described on the advertisement. It was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual "poem" resume reading. . .going down the list.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

5 hours, 5 people. Some engaged, some distracted and not overly welcoming. 1 person per hour in sequential hours. One interview rather than 2 before hire. Do your homework on product lines. In depth websites provide a great deal of info prior to the interview about corporate responsibility and product lines. Seem to be at odds in the company between marketing and sales on new product developments. Many layers of approvals for initiatives - extreme corporate ladder but upward mobility and leadership pathway programs available. Commitment to sustainability came through. Not overly difficult questions but strongly suggest preparation and research prior to interviewing. Very sharp team. I just wish that there was a planned break or offer of beverage to keep fresh during 5 hours of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure this would be challenging enough for you - how would you remain fresh with one program focus responsibility?   Answer Question

IT Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, An interview with HR, The final set of interviews were with the hiring manager, his boss (director), another IT Manager and Sr. Solution Architect each individually. I would say that this your basic corporate IT interview. The questions were open ended and we had a lot of interaction.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical straight-forward IT and Project Management questions. Questions on difficult projects and managing resources. Overview of career hitting on highlights. Focus on project and peopel management skills.   Answer Question
    Discussed salary and vacation expectations. Benefit package was very good so no negoitions needed.