Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI).

Interview

initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
    reference check: they did call my references
    second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Questions

• Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter, Phone Interview, 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions, i.e. strength and weaknesses, what attracts you to JCI.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

HR phone call interview, lasts for 30 min, just routine background check on what you have done in the past. Why you choose Johnson controls. One behavioral question like tell me a time when the customer has some very strict requirements that you can't finish..

Lean Six Sigma Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Applied from LinkedIn post. Hired within 4 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

It was very comfortable. There was no need to be nervous about anything and the people were very welcoming. As long as you can answer some technical questions it should not be too difficult

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

General interview questions. Nothing too tough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Office Services Generalist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

One interview and was hired to start the very next week. I came in a few days the previous week and got to experience what the everyday routine would be and I was satisfied that I could do the job.

O&M Manager II Interview

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the HR department. Second interview was a phone interview with hiring manager. Third interview I flew to job location and did a face to face interview with 6 people. After this was one on one interviews with the 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• How you would increase sales. What was the most difficult customer you had to deal and how did you handle it. What is your glaring weakness. After you have answered a question they keep asking and what else would you do. Most difficult interview for me is when there are 2 or more people interviewing you.   Answer Question

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process. Met company at a career fair where initial screening took place. Followed up with formal interview at HQ. Interviews were all fit / behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions / all fit   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer was very stern, as if trying to pressure me off balance. Be prepared to answer rapid-fire questions and think on your feet.