Johnson Controls

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.8

HVAC Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

The initial interview was by phone with an HR rep in the Milwaukee area. This was generally routine in terms of questions, i.e., no oddball questions. Since I'm applying for "new college grad" position, most of the questions had to do with experiences in education, such as "Did you work with this software or that topic?".
    Second interview was also by phone, but with the hiring manager, located in St Louis. Also nothing unexpected here, conversation was mostly about what I like/ am interested in.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

I was initially contacted by JCI recruiter and then accepted for an interview. Initial interview with Branch Manager and with Sales Manager and other office Project Manager. Positive feedback due to my experience in the industry. I had another telephone interview and then another interview with service people. I was familiar with the industry so I felt comfortable with position requirements although I had worked in sales and not in service. Interviewed 1 week before 7/4/13 but was not offered position until 8/2013. Much time wasted before starting position.

Interview Questions
    I was not in a position to negotiate and I thought that the offer was fair based on my previous experience. I did not realize the difference in the payscale because of economical changes since I had had a similar position at a similar distance from my home.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

I met them at the NSBE conference. Interviewed with them Thursday, got an offer Friday. Interview was literally questions about whether I could see myself working there. Very simple.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I should've tired to though.

Maximo Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2013.

I was hired thru Rose International a temp / temp to perm agency.

Process Owner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Online app - prepare to cut and paste every portion of your resume. .doc and .pdf do not translate well.

All Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Very long and drawn out all the positons I have held I waited 4-6 months to find out if I got the position

Interview Questions
    doens't really matter it is what it is

Intern Interview

Pretty straighforward

MBA Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Got interview through university career fair. One telephonic interview after meeting HR at career fair. HR was very prompt and always got back in the given time frame.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions. What do you know about Johnson Controls? Where do u see our products? What unique skill set you have to qualify?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2013.

Found opening on LinkedIn and then applied via Johnson Controls' website. Regional sales manager called a week or two after posting the application, and asked to set up an interview. I interviewed with regional sales manager and branch manager. Interview was fairly loose; there was no strict regimen for questioning followed. Questions like: Why this position? Why Johnson Controls? What are the components of an HVAC system? What project are you most proud of? Etc. I did my research on the company's product offerings via their website. I read A LOT about the company before the interview to prepare.

Received a phone call 1 week later, asking to come in for another interview, which was scheduled 1 week after the call. Second interview was with branch manager, HR rep, and a former salesman turned HVAC technician. Interview was similar to first one. No barrage of questions or "tricky" questions.

After second interview, took 3-4 weeks for a job offer. Process was PAINFULLY slow and required several approvals from management. From first call to job offer was probably 7 weeks. Then had to complete the HireRight background check and LabCorp drug screening, which took about 2 weeks. So, first interview to start date was 2.5 months. Incredibly long hiring process, IMO.

Interview Questions
    • Having little sales experience, they questioned my dedication to sales. They mentioned putting me in a tech position for 3-5 years then potentially moving me to sales afterward.   View Answer

BEST Student Program Interview

Applied through college recruiting and got a call to set up a teleconference interview. Got an email a couple weeks later inviting me to their national interview process for the BEST program. They flew me out to WI, and I sat down for two 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to persuade/sell someone something.   Answer Question