Johnson Controls

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Operational Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in September 2011.

I was given a call back about my online application and asked to come in for an interview. My preliminary interview was with two Purchasing Managers and an HR Manager. After successfully interviewing, I was asked to come in and interview with two Purchasing Directors and the original Purchasing Managers. My third and final interview was with the North American Purchasing Vice President, whom I interviewed with for an hour. Each of the interviews I was met with about 5 to 10 minutes of warm up discussion followed by discussions about my relevant work experience pertaining to the Buyer Role I was applying for.

Interview Questions
  • How well do you handle stress? What activities do you perform to cope with stress?   Answer Question
Yes I was able to negotiate. Respect yourself, understand current market salary for the position you are applying for, and request a salary a bit more than one would expect after conveying the value you can bring to the company.