Johnson Controls Interview Questions in Plymouth, MI

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operational Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in September 2011.

I was given a call back about my online application and asked to come in for an interview. My preliminary interview was with two Purchasing Managers and an HR Manager. After successfully interviewing, I was asked to come in and interview with two Purchasing Directors and the original Purchasing Managers. My third and final interview was with the North American Purchasing Vice President, whom I interviewed with for an hour. Each of the interviews I was met with about 5 to 10 minutes of warm up discussion followed by discussions about my relevant work experience pertaining to the Buyer Role I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you handle stress? What activities do you perform to cope with stress?   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate. Respect yourself, understand current market salary for the position you are applying for, and request a salary a bit more than one would expect after conveying the value you can bring to the company.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2011.

First, there was a phone interview that took about 20 to 30 minutes. After that interview, I was asked to come in for a in person interview where I interviewed with three interviews consisting of human resources, engineering and the group director for the position that I interviewed for. They asked standard interview questions, but I did not leave excited about the job.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about projects worked on and how did you contribute   View Answer

I got a better offer that held more promise and chance for growth.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2011.

Phone interview followed by 1:1 with hiring manager followed by a panel interview. Questions were typically around your background on previous work experiences and some scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it? how would you decide on what engineering efforts or projects to use that money?   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!