Johnson Controls Power Solutions

3.1

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Union, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Union, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in June 2014.

Applied through JCI website and it took a 2 weeks to process it.
    I interview with 5 other managers in meeting room and did interview from 8am till Noon.
    went out for lunch with managers and had some more dept discussion.

received verbal offer in 2 days and official letter were received within week.

DMS-facilites Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions.

I was working on acct with KBS for Johnson Controls when I was offered a position with JCI. interviewed by phone and computer.

Interview Questions
    we had ab out 5 phone conversations once contract was ready I signed it and got relocation pay.

Site Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Sterling, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in March 2012.

I was originally contacted by Johnson Service Group. Once setup, the interview was held at a neutral location. The questions were fair and straight forward. At that time job specs and expectations were outlined and proved to be about 90+ % accurate. I was off to the jobsite within a week. That time period included all the hiring contracts, etc.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in November 2011.

n/a

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in January 2011.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter two months later, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person interview. All interviews were friendly and informal, meeting with several engineers and managers who gave an overview of the company and asked questions about my technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • One manager gave a specific electrochemical problem (one that is a focus of R&D) and asked my input. I found later that my answer to this was the reason I was hired,   Answer Question
    Salary is non negotiable but some flexibility on vacation days.

Product Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in April 2010.

It was a panel interview. Asked simple questions but since it was my first experience I blew it up. :)
    The only thing that bothered me was they never replied nor the answered my phone calls.( I made three calls). I was expecting at least an email or phone call saying that I was not selected.

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in March 2011.

the interview process was quite easy. Got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with Engineer Manager and Engineer Lead. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. all question related to what the position and past experience. Then the on site interview with all other team members (Yes all team members, i got 8 people) and the decision was made based on everyone's feedback.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in September 2010.

I was interviewed twice by telephone by the same hiring manager. After which I was asked to attend a panel interview with the hiring manager and other participants. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview with a vice-president. After this the hiring manager asked me to drive 1 and half hours to meet him at a restaurant which was five minutes from the local office where he was going that day. He ordered a steak for lunch and asked me a bunch of questions which were completely irrelevant to the position. At this stage I had lost interest in the position and my instinct told me not to work for this individual. In hindsight, right at this point I should have declined employment with this company. After this interview and offer was made and I went through criminal background checks, reference check, education verification, and I believe I also had a credit check peformed.

Interview Questions
    In my opinion no amount of money is worth working for this company. However, if you want to work in a volatile environment similiar to glengarry glenross and should be in a position to negotiate this package, a manager should insist on no less than 120K annually, with a benefit plan, and 4 weeks vacation. However, be aware that you only get comped once a year.