Johnson Controls Power Solutions

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

DMS-facilites Director Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions.

Interview Details – I was working on acct with KBS for Johnson Controls when I was offered a position with JCI. interviewed by phone and computer.

Interview Question – relocation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – we had ab out 5 phone conversations once contract was ready I signed it and got relocation pay.

Site Superintendent Interview

Sterling, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by Johnson Service Group. Once setup, the interview was held at a neutral location. The questions were fair and straight forward. At that time job specs and expectations were outlined and proved to be about 90+ % accurate. I was off to the jobsite within a week. That time period included all the hiring contracts, etc.

Engineering Interview

Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – n/a

Interview Question – Human resource questions "tell me about your self?"   Answer Question

Product Engineering Intern Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a panel interview. Asked simple questions but since it was my first experience I blew it up. :)
The only thing that bothered me was they never replied nor the answered my phone calls.( I made three calls). I was expecting at least an email or phone call saying that I was not selected.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice by telephone by the same hiring manager. After which I was asked to attend a panel interview with the hiring manager and other participants. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview with a vice-president. After this the hiring manager asked me to drive 1 and half hours to meet him at a restaurant which was five minutes from the local office where he was going that day. He ordered a steak for lunch and asked me a bunch of questions which were completely irrelevant to the position. At this stage I had lost interest in the position and my instinct told me not to work for this individual. In hindsight, right at this point I should have declined employment with this company. After this interview and offer was made and I went through criminal background checks, reference check, education verification, and I believe I also had a credit check peformed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – In my opinion no amount of money is worth working for this company. However, if you want to work in a volatile environment similiar to glengarry glenross and should be in a position to negotiate this package, a manager should insist on no less than 120K annually, with a benefit plan, and 4 weeks vacation. However, be aware that you only get comped once a year.

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in March 2011.

Interview Details – the interview process was quite easy. Got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with Engineer Manager and Engineer Lead. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. all question related to what the position and past experience. Then the on site interview with all other team members (Yes all team members, i got 8 people) and the decision was made based on everyone's feedback.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Johnson Controls Power Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson Controls Power Solutions interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Johnson Controls Power Solutions employees and interview candidates.