Johnson Controls

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by JCI recruiter and then accepted for an interview. Initial interview with Branch Manager and with Sales Manager and other office Project Manager. Positive feedback due to my experience in the industry. I had another telephone interview and then another interview with service people. I was familiar with the industry so I felt comfortable with position requirements although I had worked in sales and not in service. Interviewed 1 week before 7/4/13 but was not offered position until 8/2013. Much time wasted before starting position.

Interview Question – How many windows are in the building?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate and I thought that the offer was fair based on my previous experience. I did not realize the difference in the payscale because of economical changes since I had had a similar position at a similar distance from my home.

Plymouth, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2011.

Interview Details – First, there was a phone interview that took about 20 to 30 minutes. After that interview, I was asked to come in for a in person interview where I interviewed with three interviews consisting of human resources, engineering and the group director for the position that I interviewed for. They asked standard interview questions, but I did not leave excited about the job.

Interview Question – Talk about projects worked on and how did you contribute   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer that held more promise and chance for growth.

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – I initially received a phone call from a project manager and scheduled an interview for a few days later. They were very willing to work with my current job schedule toset up the interview timeframe. The interview went well and I was called the next day to have a second interview the day after, so two interviews in 3 days.

I felt more and more comfortable and excites about the job as interview process went on. I was told I would have a background check and would need to complete a drug screen. This process moved very quickly and I was offered the job within a week and a half of my second interview. I happily accepted.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a year, 2 years, 5 years?

How can you translate your college education into this position?
  Answer Question

Project Coordinator

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and proceeded to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and was more of a two way conversation than an interview. When the phone interview was over the recruiter said that he would recommend me for the next phase of the interviewing process. The next step of the interview was more industry based questions and lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sofia (Bulgaria)

The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2010.

Interview Details – My manager called me in his office together with his supervisor and asked me if i want to take the new position. I was chosen based on my background experiense and several preffered qualities specially for this position.

Interview Question – I was not given the option to decide if to accept or not because my current position was about to be closed soon in the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. I had to accept because it was a good option to develop further my inside-JCI career. Salary is no object of discussion either.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!