Johnson Controls

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was for a Sales Engineering position in Conneticut. They flew me out for one day from Philadelphia and took me out to lunch. They brought in r each one of the other sales engineers on the floor in to talk to me.

Interview Question – What Sales Expericence do you have?   View Answer

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – Interviewer was very stern, as if trying to pressure me off balance. Be prepared to answer rapid-fire questions and think on your feet.

Interview Question – How do you plan and organize your goals?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details – I met them at the NSBE conference. Interviewed with them Thursday, got an offer Friday. Interview was literally questions about whether I could see myself working there. Very simple.

Interview Question – Can you see yourself being a sales engineer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I should've tired to though.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2010.

Interview Details – Typically recruit directly out of Texas colleges and place in a 6 month training program. JCI reps attend career fairs, hold 30-45 minute interviews on campus, then if selected a follow up interview which includes going to the designated branch location with a 1.5 hour presentation over why you would like to work for JCI and your experience.

Interview Question – They come up with questions as you are in conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, if you are a college recruit they are not able to negotiate your salary. However, salary is determined by your location.

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details – There were two interviews; one was at a campus recruiting event, and the other was at headquarters located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The employees were very pleasant, and everyone I met seemed happy to work there. The interview at Milwaukee was split up into 3 face to face interviews with different people in the company.

Interview Question – Why sales?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2010.

Interview Details – Went to career fair in sept. and had a 1st round interview next day. Received invitation 2 months later for final round interview at headquarters. Unofficially offered job. Company backed out at last minute.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales   View Answer

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started with informational session on campus. Signed up for interview at that time. Real laid-back 1:1 interview. Had me switch rooms on the fly (maybe an interview tactic?. Had a few "tell me about yourself" basic background questions at first, but settled down and just conversed after that. Interviewer was real nice, had family from same town as me so that helped. Told me what position he thought I would best be suited for (it was the position I was interviewing for). Said he would recommend I get called back, still waiting to hear back two weeks later. Interviewing 80+ on campus, so I'm sure it's taking some time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a group conflict. What happened, and how did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked: give an example of when you had to persuade someone, what was the outcome?

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to persuade someone, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • If the company was to call your previous employers, what word would they use to describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2010.

Interview Details – one on one preliminary interview. be honest.

Interview Question – what do you think you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!