Johnson Controls

Updated Dec 2, 2014

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in November 2014.

Initial contact at university recruiting. Applied for position online and was contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview. 2 weeks after the video interview received an invitation to join the Fall interviewing event for a whole weekend in Milwaukee. It's been 3 weeks since then and haven't heard back yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview next day after a career fair, the career fair was a technical and focused on completely technical, but after a while in the conversation, the sales option was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Half sales part and half technical, being ready to switch instantly   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Interviewer was very stern, as if trying to pressure me off balance. Be prepared to answer rapid-fire questions and think on your feet.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

I met them at the NSBE conference. Interviewed with them Thursday, got an offer Friday. Interview was literally questions about whether I could see myself working there. Very simple.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I should've tired to though.

Sales Engineer Interview

There were two interviews; one was at a campus recruiting event, and the other was at headquarters located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The employees were very pleasant, and everyone I met seemed happy to work there. The interview at Milwaukee was split up into 3 face to face interviews with different people in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2012.

It was for a Sales Engineering position in Conneticut. They flew me out for one day from Philadelphia and took me out to lunch. They brought in r each one of the other sales engineers on the floor in to talk to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2010.

Went to career fair in sept. and had a 1st round interview next day. Received invitation 2 months later for final round interview at headquarters. Unofficially offered job. Company backed out at last minute.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2010.

Started with informational session on campus. Signed up for interview at that time. Real laid-back 1:1 interview. Had me switch rooms on the fly (maybe an interview tactic?. Had a few "tell me about yourself" basic background questions at first, but settled down and just conversed after that. Interviewer was real nice, had family from same town as me so that helped. Told me what position he thought I would best be suited for (it was the position I was interviewing for). Said he would recommend I get called back, still waiting to hear back two weeks later. Interviewing 80+ on campus, so I'm sure it's taking some time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a group conflict. What happened, and how did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2010.

Typically recruit directly out of Texas colleges and place in a 6 month training program. JCI reps attend career fairs, hold 30-45 minute interviews on campus, then if selected a follow up interview which includes going to the designated branch location with a 1.5 hour presentation over why you would like to work for JCI and your experience.

Interview Questions
    • They come up with questions as you are in conversation.   Answer Question
    No, if you are a college recruit they are not able to negotiate your salary. However, salary is determined by your location.

Sales Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2011.

I was asked: give an example of when you had to persuade someone, what was the outcome?

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to persuade someone, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • If the company was to call your previous employers, what word would they use to describe you?   Answer Question