Johnson & Johnson

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2014.

Interview Details – Before the interview you are required to fill out a long form listing all your experiences for the last 10 years with references of people who can confirm what you've done in those 10 years. The interview itself, like most people here said, consists of a lot of behavioral questions. Be ready with the scenarios/examples for each one of them (considering you don't know what they are going to ask, as they have a long list of questions about any work situation you can and cannot imagine). Some questions can be about something you have never dealt with and you are still expected to come up with an example. I think some of those questions are not the best way to assess a candidate and there should be more open-ended questions allowing a candidate to talk more about their actual experience or give an opinion on a certain situation, rather than trying to fit an answer within a hypothetical scenario that they give you. My impression was - they already had someone in mind for a position and were just interviewing other people as part of a protocol. They mentioned a few times that they had to interview a few other people. I received a rejection letter about a week after, which is considerate on their part.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you made a mistake and how you acted.   View Answer

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – Interview was not specific, mostly based on many projects across the globe working with different technologies.

They touched on manufacturing and process some, but didn't give me a chance to elaborate on my previous experience.

It seemed like the management is very supportive for work based operations research initiatives.

I could not gauge what the exact position needed - seemed general

Interview Question – Does process efficiency depend on the company or the manufacturing cycle   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was looking for something more specific on what I would do, and they made it clear, they hire and then can decide what the applicant position could be.

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2009.

Interview Details – Asked about (1) why J&J? (2) Why the Walmart team? (3) Name a time when ... (a) led a team (b) faced a challenge (c) failed (d) had a difficult teammate (e) created a recommendation based on analysis of data (f) discovered a solution that varied from how the organization (and your supervisor) approached an issue?

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had to hunt down people to get it and when I did get the offer I had to go ask because they forgot to tell me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They wont change compensation. Their focus on standardization prevents them from taking into other factors that warrant more pay.

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!