Johnson & Johnson Co Op Finance Interview Questions & Reviews

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Co Op Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trenton, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2013.

General and what everyone says on here

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ewing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2014.

Applied through school website/jnj, interviewed by two senior financial analysts at my school.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about finding the amount of individual franchises of a franchise in the United? Behavioral- what kind of person do you want to work with the most/ least like to work with. How would you handle criticism.Walk us through your resume. How would you meet a company's profit margin(cutting costs etc.). Are you proficient in excel? What are the costs associated with this pen? How are your time management skills? What brought you to apply to this position.   View Answer
    No negotiation paid based on year in school.22.50 hr for jr. soph gets19.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in April 2013.

I applied through my college career site and interviewed on campus. The process was very smooth and did not take long at all the hear back. You are interviewed by two Senior Financial Analysts, so make sure you give both of them equal attention. Come prepared with questions of your own as well. They ask about what is on your resume, some simple technical questions, and why J&J. Overall, not a hard interview. I heard back the next business day.

Interview Questions
    • What are the debits and credits of making this pen?   Answer Question
    • There was also a simple depreciation question that you had to calculate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in February 2012.

Met company representatives at the career fair and applied for the position online. Heard back maybe a couple weeks later regarding interviews. Knew a friend that interned for the company so knew what to expect beforehand. There were two interviews scheduled back to back. Each were schedule for approximately 45 minutes but probably didn't take up the entire time. Both were pretty standard. Talked about the experiences listed in my resume and answered some behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions built in but those were super simple. Expect questions regarding cost accounting i.e. what components go into manufacturing a pencil. I know for a fact all the interviewers are given a list of questions that they're suppose to pick from. Did end up getting accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard. Just know basic cost accounting concepts to help with the technical questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation took place. Was offered $20.50 which was pretty much standard across the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2011.

I applied for the position through the college career services website. On campus recruiter from headquarters gave me an interview offer. 2 interviewers asked me technical and behavioral questions. Overall, a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Don't bother.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2009.

On-campus interview for finance co-op:

*If there is a case competition hosted by Johnson & Johnson at your school, this would help you secure an interview and potentially a co-op (or full-time). So if you are interested in working at Johnson & Johnson, it is strongly advised to do the case competition

*brief phone screening that lasts less than 10 minutes: the employer calls (doesn't ask any interview questions) but lets you know what the job entails and asks if you are still interested

*45 minute interview during the scheduled day of interview: very basic questions. Just know your experiences and know your resume. Interviewer may ask you to elaborate each thing on your resume as he/she goes down the resume. Basic behavioral questions, "can you name or describe a time when..."
    *Also, if you come in with great questions, you should be fine. A little prep and confidence will go a long way!

Interview Questions
    • How are the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows related?   Answer Question
    all co-ops are offered the same package, may be negotiable but I wasn't aware that it was. (I didn't ask because it was pretty decent already)

Anonymous Employee  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in December 2009.

The initial on-campus interview consisted of an array of questions; behavioral questions regarding leadership and the likes, questions about your resume, then a few technical accounting questions (what are cash flows? what is a long term liability?) Clearly nothing completely outlandish.

The second round interview at the office is much more technical where your potential "boss" will ask you if you know how to use particular computer programs and ask you to expand on your knowledge of things like computers in general, customer service, presentation skills, etc

Interview Questions
    • What are cash flows? How many are there? Name the cash flows.   Answer Question
    • What is a long term liability and on which financial statement is it found?   Answer Question

I was given the offer but I have not yet made my decision.

Finance Co-Op Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I was contacted by a financial manager who proceeded by asking behavioral-based interview questions--all of which were pretty straight forward. Never heard back from them, but wasn't too sad since I would have had to withdraw from college for two quarters.

Interview Questions
    • Simple depreciation based accounting questions, in addition to some managerial accounting questions.   Answer Question

Finance Co-Op Interview

Applied through my school's career services center after meeting J&J recruiters at the career fair. Behavioral Interview with a touch of 2 or 3 technical questions. Prepare for a 45 minute interview with either one or two interviewers. Not to difficult, I would say average.

Interview Questions
    I received a phone call from HR and then an offer package. Once I faxed everything back it was set in stone.

Finance Co-Op Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2011.

After being selected for an interview, via my school's career network, I went in for the single round, 1on1 (2on1 for my friends). It was pretty simple, almost all behavioral STAR type questions. Was pretty conversation based, and not too many "tell me about a time" questions. One technical question: you're the CFO and sales are declining b/c of a down economy. you can't fix sales, how do you improve the bottom line?

Interview Questions
    • How have you stepped up to complete a task recently, in class or at work?   Answer Question
    • Technical question from above   View Answer
    No, it's a set wage

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!