Johnson & Johnson

www.jnj.com

Johnson & Johnson Financial Analyst Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

On campus interview. Behavioral and a few technical/accounting questions

Interview Questions
  • They showed you a pen and asked you to describe what costs were involved in making the pen.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Received a first round interview - interviewer was very nice, easy to speak to. Interviewer said there are 3 sets of questions: easy, medium, and hard. Focused on accounting based questions like what is the depreciation if an asset with 'X' book value and a straight line depreciation over 5 years, what a the three financial statements, & what factors would you have to take into account in making a pencil.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about something like, you overstated or understated collectibles, how would you fix it on the financial statements? What accounts would you debit and credit?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2009.

Had on campus interview that was mostly behavioral with a few questions regarding financial statements. Final round interview consisted of a case done in a group followed by a group presentation, and 3 one-on-one interviews that were both technical and behavioral in nature. Everyone was very positive and the interview experience was great overall.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2013.

I was asked a few technical questions & most competency based questions all which I felt I answered to their complete satisfaction. The manager seemed very courteous and friendly. This role was through a popular recruitment consultant.. However I have never received thel feed back till date on the outcome of the interview and its been more than 3 months. I was also asked by the recruitment consultant not to contact the company directly. So it seems like a fruitless effort. Does not sound very professional for such a big company.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2010.

- already knew someone working for the company, managed to get my resume in
    - 2 rounds of interviews
    - meeting with different managers

- be prepared to know about the company and what they do, why you want to work there
    - very tight and conservative "family" culture, lots of older employees and immigrants

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2009.

Technical and behavioral interviews. Know your accounting and your finance terms for the technical interview. Provide examples for the behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name the key financial statements and describe them.   Answer Question
    • What journal entries would you make to record the sale of a pen?   Answer Question
    n/a

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2008.

did dcf and npv analysis. I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.