Johnson & Johnson

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two recent graduates. They did a good job but I don't think they were qualified to do interviews yet. I also never heard from company about my status after the interview, even though I contacted them.

Interview Question – I was asked what financial information I would want to know to manufacture a pencil. The question did seemed like a good one, but the interviewers didn't appear to know why it was on their list of questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2013.

Interview Details – After attending a useful and informative informal information/ q&a session I had two formal, one on one interviews. One was more like a conversation, I was at ease and was able to communicate all the things I felt important and ask the questions I wanted. The other was with an interviewer who seemed disinterested and who preferred me asking him questions. This made it important to have strong, relevant questions in mind. It was also important to know the credo and company information well.

Interview Question – I was asked exactly what area I wanted to work in, and wasn't sure if they were looking for a strong statement or for flexibility.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through other source and interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – They asked technical and behavioral questions. They used a long packet. They try to get you as relaxed as possible. Interviewer asked the technical questions saying he didn't know the answers himself. I got the interview through school.

Interview Question – A time when you took a risk and received unexpected results.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glendale, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – on-campus presentation followed by on-campus interviews a few weeks later. Prior to information session had submitted resume. Received invitation to interview shortly after presentation. Interview was free format. it was for their leadership development internship program. This was the first round interview. Next round was based on interest from home-country J&J team. There was no interest in my home country so didn't get offer.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2012.

Interview Details – Its all behavorial based. Be yourself and show you are a leader

Interview Question – know weaknesses   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2011.

Interview Details – I came in to meet with an employee at the NY office after a family friend referred me. After coming into NYC and compiling a profile, I learned there was no job for me, they just wanted to meet with me. They loved my work and even called other employees over to see it. It was a fun experience to see the office but strange they would bring me in when no job existed.

Interview Question – Fluid conversation overall. We discussed my work and what Johnson & Johnson is about.   Answer Question

Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through university career center. Got called for an interview process in Atlanta. Lodged in Loews hotel where everything was paid for by them. (Enjoyed the tv in the bathroom. yeah extra tv). Eventually had a 1-1 interview. there were many students who had been selected from the previous process. Interview was mainly about leadership skills and what I would do as a leader in different cases. They are heavy on high GPA(I had above 3.5/4.0) and leadership concepts.

The interview went well.
PROs:
After interning there, I would say the people are very nice. Their perks are awesome. Got two free days and was paid on those days.

CONs:
I wanted to do some sort of software development but the IT intern role was all about just working with Excel and Shared Point.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – make sure you are not applying for software development because you'll not be able to do that. all their major software development and coding are handled by 3rd party companies. Be yourself, dress professionally and articulate that you are a strong intelligent leader.

Very Easy Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2009.

Interview Details – Got an interview call through a employee referral had 1:1 interview with engineering team head..interview was for 1 hr..was asked about the resume and my research work.got an offer after 5 days..

Interview Question – Asked about the resume.   View Answer

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2008.

Interview Details – Received phone interview and talked about what I had done in the past and if I would be a fit for the job. Went over my resume and was offered the job

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, pay is same for all interns

New Brunswick, NJ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in February 2010.

Interview Details – second round interviews were three days consisting of networking events, informational panels, and one-on-one interviews that tested personality fit, level of industry knowledge/interest, and understanding of the function for which you were applying (i.e. finance, marketing) through targeted questions. No surprise questions, but definitely think ahead about your background, fit, and JNJ and be ready to answer all the standard questions. The process gives you a chance to get to know the other candidates fairly well, which was also a positive experience. Use the networking time to really understand what kind of projects you'd be working on and what the JNJ culture is like, since there is not a lot of time for questions in the interviews themselves.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a brand you like and how would you improve it?   View Answer
  • Why healthcare, why Johnson&Johnson?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!