Johnson & Johnson

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

it was good experince with johnson & johnson first Time.very good both interviewer also learned more about j & j history & credo.as well explainned brifly posion & department how broad its work.

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Intern Interview

I applied online through a posting on my university's job site. I heard back a couple of weeks later for an in person interview. Interview was straightforward and was largely about my resume and interests.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

They asked technical and behavioral questions. They used a long packet. They try to get you as relaxed as possible. Interviewer asked the technical questions saying he didn't know the answers himself. I got the interview through school.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you took a risk and received unexpected results.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2013.

After attending a useful and informative informal information/ q&a session I had two formal, one on one interviews. One was more like a conversation, I was at ease and was able to communicate all the things I felt important and ask the questions I wanted. The other was with an interviewer who seemed disinterested and who preferred me asking him questions. This made it important to have strong, relevant questions in mind. It was also important to know the credo and company information well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked exactly what area I wanted to work in, and wasn't sure if they were looking for a strong statement or for flexibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2013.

I was interviewed by two recent graduates. They did a good job but I don't think they were qualified to do interviews yet. I also never heard from company about my status after the interview, even though I contacted them.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what financial information I would want to know to manufacture a pencil. The question did seemed like a good one, but the interviewers didn't appear to know why it was on their list of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

on-campus presentation followed by on-campus interviews a few weeks later. Prior to information session had submitted resume. Received invitation to interview shortly after presentation. Interview was free format. it was for their leadership development internship program. This was the first round interview. Next round was based on interest from home-country J&J team. There was no interest in my home country so didn't get offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2012.

Its all behavorial based. Be yourself and show you are a leader

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2011.

I came in to meet with an employee at the NY office after a family friend referred me. After coming into NYC and compiling a profile, I learned there was no job for me, they just wanted to meet with me. They loved my work and even called other employees over to see it. It was a fun experience to see the office but strange they would bring me in when no job existed.

Interview Questions
    • Fluid conversation overall. We discussed my work and what Johnson & Johnson is about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in February 2010.

second round interviews were three days consisting of networking events, informational panels, and one-on-one interviews that tested personality fit, level of industry knowledge/interest, and understanding of the function for which you were applying (i.e. finance, marketing) through targeted questions. No surprise questions, but definitely think ahead about your background, fit, and JNJ and be ready to answer all the standard questions. The process gives you a chance to get to know the other candidates fairly well, which was also a positive experience. Use the networking time to really understand what kind of projects you'd be working on and what the JNJ culture is like, since there is not a lot of time for questions in the interviews themselves.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a brand you like and how would you improve it?   View Answer
    • Why healthcare, why Johnson&Johnson?   View Answer
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2010.

Submitted my resume through university career center. Got called for an interview process in Atlanta. Lodged in Loews hotel where everything was paid for by them. (Enjoyed the tv in the bathroom. yeah extra tv). Eventually had a 1-1 interview. there were many students who had been selected from the previous process. Interview was mainly about leadership skills and what I would do as a leader in different cases. They are heavy on high GPA(I had above 3.5/4.0) and leadership concepts.

The interview went well.
    PROs:
    After interning there, I would say the people are very nice. Their perks are awesome. Got two free days and was paid on those days.

CONs:
    I wanted to do some sort of software development but the IT intern role was all about just working with Excel and Shared Point.

Interview Questions
    make sure you are not applying for software development because you'll not be able to do that. all their major software development and coding are handled by 3rd party companies. Be yourself, dress professionally and articulate that you are a strong intelligent leader.