Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

The process comprised of submitting a resume and then receiving an invitation to interview. Then there were 2 hour-long interviews with 2 managers interviewing me in each one. I received a call making an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions based off the J&J Credo - ie one of our values is (teamwork, respect for the community, putting the patient first, etc), please give an example of when you exhibited this in your past experience.   1 Answer

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Two interviewers at the same time. Very nice people and laid-back interview. All standard behavioral questions even though for technical position. There is no super-day, just a one time interview. J&J loves and follows their credo so know that by heart before you walk in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and higher management did not agree on a decision, but you had to do it anyways. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

One Phone interview and then an in-person interview with 4 different people on campus. Had 1 on 1 time with each person and ranked from Senior Scientist to Director of R&D

Interview Questions

Interview

It was pretty seamless, but there are several interviews to go through as well as a ride along. They were clear about what to expect along the way, so no surprises there.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales questions. Ie describe a challenge you've faced and how did you overcome it? What is your sales process? Etc etc   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

The interview process consisted of only one phone interview. Because it is only an intern position, the screening process is definitely not as strenuous. The first part consisted of all behavioral questions, eg. describe a difficult situation you faced and how did you solve it? After that, I had a few technical questions to test my programming competency. Non-language specific. All you have to do is explain your logic and that should be sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions and a few coding questions. Overall not difficult. As long as you are confident in yourself, you should be fine!   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Once the in person interview is conducted HR takes a while to process your information and contacts you in a few weeks about their decision.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long, detailed, 4 interviews from 4 different managers. NEED to know someone on the inside or a referring Physician to even think about getting on with this company. I applied online, gotacall, had 4 ipositive interviews only to be told they chose another candidate. It is a GREAT company if you can get on, getting on is the hard part.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something on this table (the desk he was sitting at). Be prepared to be put on the spot. You really need to have a referral for them to even consider you, of course they won't tell you this.   1 Answer

Computer Science Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

30 minute interview where it was a one on one interview with a technical hiring officer at J and J who was looking to fill a wide range of positions and was only interviewing me to see which position I would fit best in.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to rally a group to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

Director of Quality & Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

6 phone interviews with folks from R&D, Quality and HR. I thought I answered the questions well enough for a face-to-face. I heard nothing back from them. Nothing from their HR, nothing from the hiring manager, and nothing from their internal recruiter. It would have been nice to get some feedback to say either I have been selected for the face-to-face or sorry, but we found better candidates. After numerous e-mails to the HR and hiring manager, I gave up.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with working 1:1 with customers.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I talked with representatives at a networking event and again later at a career fair. I was brought in about a week later for an interview with two hiring managers. The interview contained a lot of situational questions as well as some typical interview questions. The managers interviewing me were friendly and responsive to some of the things I said.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge when working in a group, and how you overcame that challenge?   Answer Question