Johnson & Johnson

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.9

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Only one interview process. The interview questions were some behavior questions, some accounting questions such as which accounting statement you like best, and why? where see yourself in the company in the future?

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions. make sure you know the question: what is your favorite accounting statement and know the reason.   Answer Question

ITLDP Interview

Very nice people, started with on site interview at career fair, then two interviews in one day at New Jersey. Had to prepare a short presentation on leadership experience. One interview was focused on a case study. It was an overall pleasant experience. Very responsive people and they seem to care about all people interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most innovative idea you have had in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Didn't decline, have a month to decide.

FLDP Financial Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

They came to our school and took resumes, we applied online and were called into interviews at our school Northeastern University. I am a finance major and graduating with my Masters in Finance. They liked I had a lot of experience on my belt, however noticed I had worked in investments which may have deterred them. The interview process was with 2 women from the Massachusetts branch one at a time.

Interview Questions
    • She showed me a pen and asked what are the costs that go into making the pen?

Also I was asked some accounting questions, one answer being costs are incurred the same year.

I was also asked if some company said their product could take up 50% of market share, how would Johnson & Johnson go about choosing if they are worth purchasing. Answer: demand... cost... etc.
        Answer Question

Chemistry Co-op Interview

The interview last about 10 mins. They followed STAR format. Interviewer is very nice and want to know the actual outcome of the action for each of the questions.

IT/Global Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I applied through campus recruiting. I got an email to schedule a phone interview about two weeks later. The call went well, some basic behavioral and technical questions. A week later, I was invited to the office for two back-to-back interviews with managers. The interviews were both behavioral with some minor technical questions. They both went very well. I got my offer three days later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a problem where you don't know the answer?   Answer Question
    Internship, no negotiation.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

The process was professional and they kept me in the loop the entire time. I had three interviews. The first was a screening interview with HR. The second was with a marketing manager. The third was with two directors, one from HR and another from Marketing. All interviews were very friendly and fair. No surprises.

Interview Questions
    • No real marketing questions all behavioral
      1. Tell me about a time when you faced a failure and what did you do?
      2. When you are faced with conflicting requests from internal and external (to the company) customers, what do you do?
      3. How do you support your coworkers?
        Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I applied through my school career website and the J&J site. I heard back a few weeks later. The interview was me and two employees, they asked several behavioral questions and several technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If assets increase by $100,000 and liability increases by $70,000; what happens to stockholder's equity?   Answer Question
    Negotiation not available

MBA Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I interviewed with Johnson and Johnson during a diversity conference. The interview consisted of two back-to-back 45 minute behavioral interviews. Began with a walk through my resume. Then proceeded to mostly typical questions. The interviewers were friendly and they have me feedback via phone following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all in-line with what you would expect and could be answered using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Spoke to representative at university career fair, scheduled on campus interview for that same week. Applied on careers website before interview, was told by representative to understand the different functions of J&J's supply chain. Interview lasted ~45 mins with two interviewers, most questions were STARs based. Showing enthusiasm for the position and the company definitely helps, and having some background about the company and recent news also a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about proficiency with Excel, expand on how to perform a V-Lookup   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship/co-op.

Scientist II Interview

In-person interview taken by three people. They asked mostly personality questions and a few technical questions. Interview process is easy to moderate. It wasn't very difficult. They are in need of contractors.