Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Spoke to representative at university career fair, scheduled on campus interview for that same week. Applied on careers website before interview, was told by representative to understand the different functions of J&J's supply chain. Interview lasted ~45 mins with two interviewers, most questions were STARs based. Showing enthusiasm for the position and the company definitely helps, and having some background about the company and recent news also a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about proficiency with Excel, expand on how to perform a V-Lookup   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship/co-op.

Scientist II Interview

In-person interview taken by three people. They asked mostly personality questions and a few technical questions. Interview process is easy to moderate. It wasn't very difficult. They are in need of contractors.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

it was good experince with johnson & johnson first Time.very good both interviewer also learned more about j & j history & credo.as well explainned brifly posion & department how broad its work.

Procurement Leadership Development Program Interview

1st round interview entirely behavioral. they want to know how you react to certain situations and challenges, work with teams, and leadership style. Be ready to talk about your professional experience and site specific behaviors you use to accomplish results.

Interview Questions
    • Asked when is it ok to forgo procedures in order to get things done.   Answer Question

Gold Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I went to an info session at my college and then talked to the recruiters at the career fair the next day. The recruiter recognized me and he selected me for an interview. The interview was held the next day. The questions were standard behavioral questions. The interviewer took notes in a booklet. Their first choices for the second round were notified 3 weeks after the interview.

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2014.

Applied through my school's database after a career fair, was invited to interview- interviewed with a senior financial analyst who didn't seem to interested in interviewing me at first.. but it went well. They asked many behavioral questions "what would you do if you couldn't do __" and in this situation -- blah blah blah. They did ask about the pencil production costs and stuff.

Scientist Interview

I was contacted by the Director. I was brought in for a day of interviewing with the team after an initial phone interview with the director. It was 5 rounds of interviews which lasted 3 hours all together. I enjoyed my experience. Received an offer within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect your background to be applied in this position?   Answer Question

Finance Co-Op Interview

On campus interview. I applied and received an interview 5 days later. Interview was pretty standard, lots of behavioral questions and we went over resume items. There were questions on the financial statements and which one I thought was the most important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me all the inputs that go in to making this pen.   View Answer
    Non negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied online through a posting on my university's job site. I heard back a couple of weeks later for an in person interview. Interview was straightforward and was largely about my resume and interests.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call 7-10 days later asking to schedule a phone interview. Spoke the following week, basic HR phone screen, discussed education, industry experience and salary requirements as well as willingness to relocate. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked immediately to schedule the second round with a Principal Engineer and I was given their name. I did some research on LinkedIn before going in and I went through round 2. This time it was more technical, I was asked about "tools in my engineering toolbox" and I was asked how to approach a specific engineering problem and then if I had any questions. About a week later or so I was sent an email with an invitation to interview on site. I then had to complete a supplementary application and submit at least 8 references electronically and 3 on paper and send them the dates I would not be available. I booked my travel as soon as I could get a day off from work and I received the booking information. I was given 4 consecutive interviews. 1st interviewer was just below a VP in rank and it was to verify aptitude and assess if I fit into their culture; he wanted to check if I had done any sort of homework on the company and credo. The 2nd was an HR person there to ask some behavioral questions and assess my likelihood to relocate and assimilation. The 3rd was a project director, whom all engineers whether junior or principal, report to. She was there to assess my abilities and aptitude as well as assess if I would be an appropriate choice for the company and similar to her direct reports. The last interview were a pair of principal engineers who would more or less be mentors to junior engineers and this was the technical aspect. I was asked about my background, my research, my industry experience, my leadership potential and my rationale behind choosing J&J and specifically Ethicon. All the interviewers asked me why J&J and about my background. The last round also included an assessment of a technical nature, stress analysis with free body diagrams, failure analysis and risk analysis. In all rounds I was asked if I had any questions which you have to be prepared to ask for different levels of the company and different backgrounds. They will give you a bottle of water but there are no breaks unless you ask for a few minutes and I would highly recommend eating a light lunch before the 4 hour interview which ran slightly long each time. Be prepared for more advanced questions if you do not take control of the interview and ask for business cards at the end of each round, I forgot to but I sent my recruiter a thank you email that could be forwarded to the others.

Interview Questions
    • Which analytical techniques do you possess that would be an asset to J&J?   Answer Question