Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.9

Scientist Interview

I was contacted by the Director. I was brought in for a day of interviewing with the team after an initial phone interview with the director. It was 5 rounds of interviews which lasted 3 hours all together. I enjoyed my experience. Received an offer within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect your background to be applied in this position?   Answer Question

Finance Co-Op Interview

On campus interview. I applied and received an interview 5 days later. Interview was pretty standard, lots of behavioral questions and we went over resume items. There were questions on the financial statements and which one I thought was the most important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me all the inputs that go in to making this pen.   View Answer
    Non negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied online through a posting on my university's job site. I heard back a couple of weeks later for an in person interview. Interview was straightforward and was largely about my resume and interests.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call 7-10 days later asking to schedule a phone interview. Spoke the following week, basic HR phone screen, discussed education, industry experience and salary requirements as well as willingness to relocate. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked immediately to schedule the second round with a Principal Engineer and I was given their name. I did some research on LinkedIn before going in and I went through round 2. This time it was more technical, I was asked about "tools in my engineering toolbox" and I was asked how to approach a specific engineering problem and then if I had any questions. About a week later or so I was sent an email with an invitation to interview on site. I then had to complete a supplementary application and submit at least 8 references electronically and 3 on paper and send them the dates I would not be available. I booked my travel as soon as I could get a day off from work and I received the booking information. I was given 4 consecutive interviews. 1st interviewer was just below a VP in rank and it was to verify aptitude and assess if I fit into their culture; he wanted to check if I had done any sort of homework on the company and credo. The 2nd was an HR person there to ask some behavioral questions and assess my likelihood to relocate and assimilation. The 3rd was a project director, whom all engineers whether junior or principal, report to. She was there to assess my abilities and aptitude as well as assess if I would be an appropriate choice for the company and similar to her direct reports. The last interview were a pair of principal engineers who would more or less be mentors to junior engineers and this was the technical aspect. I was asked about my background, my research, my industry experience, my leadership potential and my rationale behind choosing J&J and specifically Ethicon. All the interviewers asked me why J&J and about my background. The last round also included an assessment of a technical nature, stress analysis with free body diagrams, failure analysis and risk analysis. In all rounds I was asked if I had any questions which you have to be prepared to ask for different levels of the company and different backgrounds. They will give you a bottle of water but there are no breaks unless you ask for a few minutes and I would highly recommend eating a light lunch before the 4 hour interview which ran slightly long each time. Be prepared for more advanced questions if you do not take control of the interview and ask for business cards at the end of each round, I forgot to but I sent my recruiter a thank you email that could be forwarded to the others.

Interview Questions
    • Which analytical techniques do you possess that would be an asset to J&J?   Answer Question

IT Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

I went to my university's job fair and talked to the booth for Johnson and Johnson. I gave them my resume and I received an email that said that they wanted to have an interview with me. It was a video interview over the internet. They did not ask me a single technical question. I read on this website that they ask questions about their company, but only one question was asked about their company. They asked me a bunch of behavioral stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do IT and why with health care company like Johnson and Johnson?   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

I was interviewed initially by an external recruiter. She didn't give me a lot of background on what the company or team would be like.

I was then invited for an on site interview, the interview was basic with the usual run of the mill questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were very invasive, ones that dealt with marital status etc.
      I assumed that the interviewers had little to no experience in this role.
        Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I was interviewed by a panel after a career fair at my university. The panel was composed of two Johnson and Johnson employees. They were very friendly. The interview was very comfortable.

Associate Financial Analyst (First Yr FLDP) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I was hired into the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) from a finance internship - this is key to getting your foot in the door. The real competition begins during internship interviews, and so long as you obtain the internship and perform well, you will be fine. Obtained an offer in August, which was nearly 10 months in advance of my start date at the end of May.

Interview Questions
    Simple, they are not typically willing to negotiate on entry level positions in a rotational program. Salary and terms are pretty standard for all.

Manager Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in August 2014.

Got cold called directly from the hiring mgr, without any appointment from HR etc. The position was applied to many months prior to the call, so was a little difficult in understanding the opportunity. Once the hiring mgr was finished he set up an appointment with an executive, which was done on time and as expected, went well had a good conversation etc. After the interview was over, I was told the hiring mgr would call me back. Waited a little over a week, never heard, so I proceeded to leave a couple of voice mails, no response, then a couple of Email's no response!
    So to this day no response, even after reaching out many times.
    Seems to go against the company values that are posted on the home page. Kind of makes you wonder if this is business as usual even for employees on how they are viewed! This lack of professionalism doesn't speak well for JNJ.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Multiple phone interviews and on-campus interviews.

Great people at J&J. Most of them were very professional and polite during interview process; and it was a great experience.

However, follow up process was bit unprofessional. HR personnel was very hard reach and when I finally got a hold of her for a feedback, I was told she'll get back to me next week but never heard from her since. I did politely asked her couple more times but was ignored. I also reached out to the hiring manager to thank her and asked for a feedback (good or bad) but was never replied.

My interview experiences were great and really wanted to work with people I met but post interview process was very unprofessional, almost thought something happened to people there as I was just ignored without any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. Not too hard, not too easy   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!