Johnson & Johnson

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.9

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2009.

1rst - phone interview - asked about myself

1:1 interview 2 days later : asked about my resume and what do i expected from the job and the company.

Finance/Accounting Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

They asked 3 technical questions and 3 behavioral questions. It depends on which university you go to, sometimes they ask different universities tougher questions. For Penn State, the questions are extremely hard. Don't expect basic questions like what is a balance sheet?!

Microsoft Exchange Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2010.

The hiring process was very slow, it took nearly 3 months for them to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very technical interview, so it all related to MS Exchange.   Answer Question

Summer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2013.

I had two interviews with Johnson and Johnson at a conference I had attended. I loved talking to their reps because they are a dynamic company with many different facets. It was hard to talk to them at points because there is so much going on within their company. I enjoyed the overall process.

Interview Questions
    • If given an unknown substance how would I go forward with analysis.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2014.

I think what attracts me the most about marketing is the dynamic aspect of the role, that allows me to be both analytical and creative. I really enjoy working in a team environment and I love to challenge myself with making difficult decisions.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call 7-10 days later asking to schedule a phone interview. Spoke the following week, basic HR phone screen, discussed education, industry experience and salary requirements as well as willingness to relocate. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked immediately to schedule the second round with a Principal Engineer and I was given their name. I did some research on LinkedIn before going in and I went through round 2. This time it was more technical, I was asked about "tools in my engineering toolbox" and I was asked how to approach a specific engineering problem and then if I had any questions. About a week later or so I was sent an email with an invitation to interview on site. I then had to complete a supplementary application and submit at least 8 references electronically and 3 on paper and send them the dates I would not be available. I booked my travel as soon as I could get a day off from work and I received the booking information. I was given 4 consecutive interviews. 1st interviewer was just below a VP in rank and it was to verify aptitude and assess if I fit into their culture; he wanted to check if I had done any sort of homework on the company and credo. The 2nd was an HR person there to ask some behavioral questions and assess my likelihood to relocate and assimilation. The 3rd was a project director, whom all engineers whether junior or principal, report to. She was there to assess my abilities and aptitude as well as assess if I would be an appropriate choice for the company and similar to her direct reports. The last interview were a pair of principal engineers who would more or less be mentors to junior engineers and this was the technical aspect. I was asked about my background, my research, my industry experience, my leadership potential and my rationale behind choosing J&J and specifically Ethicon. All the interviewers asked me why J&J and about my background. The last round also included an assessment of a technical nature, stress analysis with free body diagrams, failure analysis and risk analysis. In all rounds I was asked if I had any questions which you have to be prepared to ask for different levels of the company and different backgrounds. They will give you a bottle of water but there are no breaks unless you ask for a few minutes and I would highly recommend eating a light lunch before the 4 hour interview which ran slightly long each time. Be prepared for more advanced questions if you do not take control of the interview and ask for business cards at the end of each round, I forgot to but I sent my recruiter a thank you email that could be forwarded to the others.

Interview Questions
    • Which analytical techniques do you possess that would be an asset to J&J?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2011.

A lot of technical questions regarding the product. They bought the product in front of me and asked me specific questions regarding the properties. They want your opinion on what you think is important from a consumer standpoint. I had a phone interview, a face to face interview and a 2nd interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2014.

Before the interview you are required to fill out a long form listing all your experiences for the last 10 years with references of people who can confirm what you've done in those 10 years. The interview itself, like most people here said, consists of a lot of behavioral questions. Be ready with the scenarios/examples for each one of them (considering you don't know what they are going to ask, as they have a long list of questions about any work situation you can and cannot imagine). Some questions can be about something you have never dealt with and you are still expected to come up with an example. I think some of those questions are not the best way to assess a candidate and there should be more open-ended questions allowing a candidate to talk more about their actual experience or give an opinion on a certain situation, rather than trying to fit an answer within a hypothetical scenario that they give you. My impression was - they already had someone in mind for a position and were just interviewing other people as part of a protocol. They mentioned a few times that they had to interview a few other people. I received a rejection letter about a week after, which is considerate on their part.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you made a mistake and how you acted.   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

It was a structured and very professional process. I applied online and, after a week, my first interview was with the Recruiter. After that, within a period of two weeks, I had various 1:1 and panel interviews with the Hiring Manager, the next level and various HR stakeholders. All of them were behavioral based interviews. Go prepared to discuss your experience and accomplishments and demonstrate your knowledge about the Company, products and the Credo.

Johnson and Johnson CO-OP Interview

I went through the career center at my school. Johnson and Johnson asked for an interview, and the only experience I really had was lifeguarding. They seem to care more about the person rather than experience. There were two, 30 minute interviews that lasted about thirty minutes each. Two people in each interview and they were both very friendly and cared about the process and they company.

Interview Questions
    • Started off with easy questions, such as time management, leadership, and thinking on your feet. Then they asked technical questions about financial statements, which one is the most relevant, and a lot of accounting based questions.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. They pay based upon year in school.