Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in May 2009.

Interview

1rst - phone interview - asked about myself 1:1 interview 2 days later : asked about my resume and what do i expected from the job and the company.

Finance/Accounting Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

They asked 3 technical questions and 3 behavioral questions. It depends on which university you go to, sometimes they ask different universities tougher questions. For Penn State, the questions are extremely hard. Don't expect basic questions like what is a balance sheet?!

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Blue Ash, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call 7-10 days later asking to schedule a phone interview. Spoke the following week, basic HR phone screen, discussed education, industry experience and salary requirements as well as willingness to relocate. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked immediately to schedule the second round with a Principal Engineer and I was given their name. I did some research on LinkedIn before going in and I went through round 2. This time it was more technical, I was asked about "tools in my engineering toolbox" and I was asked how to approach a specific engineering problem and then if I had any questions. About a week later or so I was sent an email with an invitation to interview on site. I then had to complete a supplementary application and submit at least 8 references electronically and 3 on paper and send them the dates I would not be available. I booked my travel as soon as I could get a day off from work and I received the booking information. I was given 4 consecutive interviews. 1st interviewer was just below a VP in rank and it was to verify aptitude and assess if I fit into their culture; he wanted to check if I had done any sort of homework on the company and credo. The 2nd was an HR person there to ask some behavioral questions and assess my likelihood to relocate and assimilation. The 3rd was a project director, whom all engineers whether junior or principal, report to. She was there to assess my abilities and aptitude as well as assess if I would be an appropriate choice for the company and similar to her direct reports. The last interview were a pair of principal engineers who would more or less be mentors to junior engineers and this was the technical aspect. I was asked about my background, my research, my industry experience, my leadership potential and my rationale behind choosing J&J and specifically Ethicon. All the interviewers asked me why J&J and about my background. The last round also included an assessment of a technical nature, stress analysis with free body diagrams, failure analysis and risk analysis. In all rounds I was asked if I had any questions which you have to be prepared to ask for different levels of the company and different backgrounds. They will give you a bottle of water but there are no breaks unless you ask for a few minutes and I would highly recommend eating a light lunch before the 4 hour interview which ran slightly long each time. Be prepared for more advanced questions if you do not take control of the interview and ask for business cards at the end of each round, I forgot to but I sent my recruiter a thank you email that could be forwarded to the others.

Interview Questions

• Which analytical techniques do you possess that would be an asset to J&J?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

I think what attracts me the most about marketing is the dynamic aspect of the role, that allows me to be both analytical and creative. I really enjoy working in a team environment and I love to challenge myself with making difficult decisions.

Summer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews with Johnson and Johnson at a conference I had attended. I loved talking to their reps because they are a dynamic company with many different facets. It was hard to talk to them at points because there is so much going on within their company. I enjoyed the overall process.

Interview Questions

• If given an unknown substance how would I go forward with analysis.   Answer Question

Microsoft Exchange Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very slow, it took nearly 3 months for them to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• It was a very technical interview, so it all related to MS Exchange.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Job description is that you have to have been to the moon and back twice. You should have experience in every technology out there. They already know who they are going to hire before they even post the position. Hard to get promoted from within. Anti FTE's and more into contractors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you completed that saved the Company Money.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Mayaguez, PR) in October 2012.

Interview

Consisted of three interviewers, which took turns asking, about previous jobs, situations, and life goals. It was a purely a behavior interview. They were friendly, honest, and knew the right questions to ask. Great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

recruited to interview from a sales symposium at school. Interview was an hour long. Began with going through resume from start to finish and highlighting accomplishment then went ahead with the interview. Behavioral interview questions in a star format

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you were in a situation when you were faced with a challenge and used existing knowledge to come up with a solution? When was this? What did you do?   1 Answer

FLDP Summer Internship (MBA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial contact at Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Orientation orientation program - consisted of a fairly simple behavioral "infoview". Really it's a two way informational interview, kind of seeing if there might be a fit. Continued interactions with recruiters via e-mail leading up to an invitation to interview at the Discover J&J event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with leaders to address a business need that you had identified.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked to build consensus using information from other groups or organizations.   Answer Question
    • What is a hurdle rate?   1 Answer
    • How do you use statistics in financial planning?   1 Answer
    • Explain the statement of cash flows and how important it is.   1 Answer

Have not yet made a decision.