Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Interview

Meet them at NASHBA. Got to talk to the manager at the site and got invited for an interview. There were lots of people that were invited. Competition is fierce. The interview lasted about 20min. The HR was very nice so you can not tell whether you interview performace is good or not. She asked about why I want to work for J & J and why this position. And also what kind of marketing strategy I developed before. I gave her an anwer developed from my own expereince and thoughts. She appreciated it. But later I wonder she might be also stealing the candidate ideas for her own benefits. Anyways, nowadays, big companies do that a lot.

Interview Questions

• Which company did you work for before? How come I have never heard of it.   3 Answers

Finance Co-Op Interview

Interview

Applied through my school's career services center after meeting J&J recruiters at the career fair. Behavioral Interview with a touch of 2 or 3 technical questions. Prepare for a 45 minute interview with either one or two interviewers. Not to difficult, I would say average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a phone call from HR and then an offer package. Once I faxed everything back it was set in stone.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

it was an interview on campus with the HR representative. It was smooth. No difficult questions if prepared. Mostly behavioral and about previous experience.
    But she was persistent about details. She always wanted more about the story. So it is good to be prepared with details about each example

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, focused on behavioral questions (such as ethical dilemna and how I dealt with it?)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Make sure your GPA is high before going into the interview, because no matter how great the interview goes they will not be able to go further in the application process.

All the questions were behavioral, for example:
    What is your greatest weakness?
    Tell me a time when you had to over come something

Make sure you know the Credo of Johnson & Johnson. Don't repeat it verbatim, but try to infuse it to your responses in the quesiton.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions, just your typical behavioral questions. Make sure to find a way to connect tot he the interviewer.   Answer Question

National Account Director Interview

Interview

Phone Screen + two phone interviews + web conference + two in person inteviews.
    Working in the field one day with a senior sales rep was needed. This was important because it gave me a chance to learn more about the typical day of my internal partners and the types of customers I would have.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dishonest customer that was important to your sales quotas?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Was an internal candidate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Differs dramatically depending on age, department, level of education. There is no real standard. Networking and going to a top school with MBA is your best bet.

Interview Questions

• What was you greatest accomplishment and failure and what did you learn from both?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

ITLDP Interview

Interview

the interview lasted for about an hour for on campus interview. The interviewer had to conduct an interview base on the evaluation form he is given and he was strict on sticking with it. Overall friendly, which will make you think that everything went well.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions are stereotypical behavior question.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

Very situational type questions. Hiring process took a very long time from applying to actual start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate at all with me, even though later I found out I was the lowest paid person in my pay grade. I did hire people that were able to negotiate though. It all depends on who the reporting manager is and who the HR rep is.

Finance Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview

I was contacted by a financial manager who proceeded by asking behavioral-based interview questions--all of which were pretty straight forward. Never heard back from them, but wasn't too sad since I would have had to withdraw from college for two quarters.

Interview Questions

• Simple depreciation based accounting questions, in addition to some managerial accounting questions.   Answer Question