Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.9

Scientist Interview

I was contacted by the Director. I was brought in for a day of interviewing with the team after an initial phone interview with the director. It was 5 rounds of interviews which lasted 3 hours all together. I enjoyed my experience. Received an offer within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect your background to be applied in this position?   Answer Question

Finance Co-Op Interview

On campus interview. I applied and received an interview 5 days later. Interview was pretty standard, lots of behavioral questions and we went over resume items. There were questions on the financial statements and which one I thought was the most important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me all the inputs that go in to making this pen.   View Answer
    Non negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied online through a posting on my university's job site. I heard back a couple of weeks later for an in person interview. Interview was straightforward and was largely about my resume and interests.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call 7-10 days later asking to schedule a phone interview. Spoke the following week, basic HR phone screen, discussed education, industry experience and salary requirements as well as willingness to relocate. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked immediately to schedule the second round with a Principal Engineer and I was given their name. I did some research on LinkedIn before going in and I went through round 2. This time it was more technical, I was asked about "tools in my engineering toolbox" and I was asked how to approach a specific engineering problem and then if I had any questions. About a week later or so I was sent an email with an invitation to interview on site. I then had to complete a supplementary application and submit at least 8 references electronically and 3 on paper and send them the dates I would not be available. I booked my travel as soon as I could get a day off from work and I received the booking information. I was given 4 consecutive interviews. 1st interviewer was just below a VP in rank and it was to verify aptitude and assess if I fit into their culture; he wanted to check if I had done any sort of homework on the company and credo. The 2nd was an HR person there to ask some behavioral questions and assess my likelihood to relocate and assimilation. The 3rd was a project director, whom all engineers whether junior or principal, report to. She was there to assess my abilities and aptitude as well as assess if I would be an appropriate choice for the company and similar to her direct reports. The last interview were a pair of principal engineers who would more or less be mentors to junior engineers and this was the technical aspect. I was asked about my background, my research, my industry experience, my leadership potential and my rationale behind choosing J&J and specifically Ethicon. All the interviewers asked me why J&J and about my background. The last round also included an assessment of a technical nature, stress analysis with free body diagrams, failure analysis and risk analysis. In all rounds I was asked if I had any questions which you have to be prepared to ask for different levels of the company and different backgrounds. They will give you a bottle of water but there are no breaks unless you ask for a few minutes and I would highly recommend eating a light lunch before the 4 hour interview which ran slightly long each time. Be prepared for more advanced questions if you do not take control of the interview and ask for business cards at the end of each round, I forgot to but I sent my recruiter a thank you email that could be forwarded to the others.

Interview Questions
    • Which analytical techniques do you possess that would be an asset to J&J?   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Got an interview from a campus career fair. They are mostly looking for how well your personality fits within the company. They want to see you as a leader and that you truly care for helping the global community.

Interview Questions
    • A time where a supervisor asked you to do something against your beliefs & how you handles it   Answer Question

IT Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

I went to my university's job fair and talked to the booth for Johnson and Johnson. I gave them my resume and I received an email that said that they wanted to have an interview with me. It was a video interview over the internet. They did not ask me a single technical question. I read on this website that they ask questions about their company, but only one question was asked about their company. They asked me a bunch of behavioral stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do IT and why with health care company like Johnson and Johnson?   Answer Question

Customer Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Apply on the career portion of the website. Initial communication comes from HR. From then, an interview time is set up with instructions. The interview is normally a 1 hour panel interview with 3 - 5 people. The first 10 minutes are an introduction. The next 10 minutes you present your experience and work history to the panel via a PowerPoint presentation. The following 30 minutes are questions from the panel. Be sure to have examples for the questions that are different from the material you used during your 10 minute presentation. Finally, the floor is open to you for question. Be prepared with at least 10 well thought out questions.

Finance MBA Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

After an initial first first-round interview I was invited to conduct final-round interview with one of the VPs of finance. Both interviews went very well and I was able to establish a good rapport with both interviewers. They were extremely friendly and showed genuine interest in me as an employee.

The sad part was they filled all their positions from last years interns.

I was sent an extremely cordial rejection e-mail and encouraged to maintain contact with two of the people I interviewed with about the potential for just in time hiring after the completion of my MBA.

Interview Questions
    • All finance specific questions were rather basic, but I was surprised by one behavioral question. The first part was a normal "tell me about a time when you were in a leadership position" question but the follow-on question asked "how would you handle an employee who failed to meet significant job requirements?"   Answer Question

Information Technology Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2014.

Applied online through my university's career website. I was later contacted by J&J for an on campus video interview. The interview was with the IT lead and IT Director of the company, took about 30 minutes total. The whole process took about a week and the response came the week after the interview. Response came first by a phone call and later in an email package.

Interview Questions
    • Was my first interview so can't really compare. Didn't seem like anything that wouldn't be in a textbook or on the internet. Technical question was really simple, just explain recursion.   Answer Question

Had other offers

Assistant Scientist Interview

I was interviewed initially by an external recruiter. She didn't give me a lot of background on what the company or team would be like.

I was then invited for an on site interview, the interview was basic with the usual run of the mill questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were very invasive, ones that dealt with marital status etc.
      I assumed that the interviewers had little to no experience in this role.
        Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate