Johnson & Johnson

2.9

Administrative Assistant-Temp With Possible Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2014.

Most of their admin temps are sent in via staffing agency. I participated in a phone interview by staffing agent and then was sent in for a formal face to face interview with the two executives I would be reporting to. One used the STAR format, the other seemed disorganized and used a more general interview format. Beautiful building and amenities at the Skillman location. Very personable execs-would have enjoyed working on their team.

Interview Questions

Pay rate for supporting two executives, even as a temp, was very low. At the moment, the job market is flooded with candidates, but I had other options present themselves within this timeframe. Great for someone who is younger or can afford to take pay cut to get into the company. However, I do know someone who "temped" for two years and was never offered anything permanent. It's a chance you take....

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview was not specific, mostly based on many projects across the globe working with different technologies.

They touched on manufacturing and process some, but didn't give me a chance to elaborate on my previous experience.

It seemed like the management is very supportive for work based operations research initiatives.

I could not gauge what the exact position needed - seemed general

Interview Questions
    • Does process efficiency depend on the company or the manufacturing cycle   View Answer

I was looking for something more specific on what I would do, and they made it clear, they hire and then can decide what the applicant position could be.

HRLDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

My resume was forwarded from a hiring conference to a recruiter who contacted me and asked me to apply online. I had two webcam interviews with HR Directors, then two more interviews with HR VPs. The whole process was completely disorganized. There was only one deadline they actually hit. They would ask for my availability for the next three days, no response, then ask again the following week. All of my interviews went extremely well. One of the VPs ended it telling me I was an extremely strong candidate and that she hoped I could work with her one day at JnJ. I ended getting a call two weeks later saying I would not get an offer. Would not say why.

Interview Questions
    • Nearly all questions were "Tell me about a time when...." Toughest question was, "Tell me about a time when you influenced a superior manager who was about to make a risky decision"   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in December 2013.

I was surprised at how laid back the interview was. I was very nervous before had, but once I got to the interview I relaxed. It was just like talking to an older relative or family friend.

Questions:
    -What made you choose Drexel University?
    -Why are you interested in this position?
    -How would you describe your work ethic?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to step up and be a leader.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Process was long. Started with an hr screening that was kinda pointless. Not sure how anyone makes or breaks that one. Followed up by a longer more detailed and relevant hr interview with mostly behavior based questions. I was invited for site interviews of a panel of 4 and 2 individual interviews. Was told that there was an additional round and was invited to that round as well with 4 more 1:1 interviews. The process wasn't difficult but it was extremely long for a critical position. In the end I made it to the end, but they went with the other candidate.

Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview with two hiring managers. First very brief tell me about yourself and why J&J and then asked about 7-8 behavioral questions using the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    Great co-op experience. Just completed my co-op!

Operation Supervisor Interview

Go over behavior questions. With experience and knowledge of operations you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Go over interview questions online behavior question you will be fine.   Answer Question
    negotiatin with hr rep. about pay and bonus.

Marketing Intern - MBA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Terrible - did 5 interviews and then didn't get the job and they didn't even bother to tell me

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

On campus interview. Behavioral and a few technical/accounting questions

Interview Questions
    • They showed you a pen and asked you to describe what costs were involved in making the pen.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I was hired through the on campus MBA hiring process. I interviewed for an internship position and after the internship, was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions
    They were not flexible at all.