Johnson & Johnson

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2008.

I interviewed for a position within Ethicon-Endo Surgery which is an operating company within Johnson & Johnson. The interview process was both educational and intriguing in that it was the first time in an interview that I had to do a powerpoint presentation on myself. The interviews consisted of an initial phone screen, a face to face interview with the hiring manager and a newly hired account manager in NYC, a dinner with the entire field sales organization of 17 people in Florida and finally a roundtable interview with the Marketing Director and Director of Field Sales Operations.

I had to prepare two different power point presentations. The first consisted of what I knew of the company and what I had done prior to the interview to prepare. This consisted of actually being in hospital procedures interviewing doctors for thier input on the product that I would be selling. I also called several current employees within the organization to gather their input on the company. The next presentation was all about who I was as a person, how I ran my business and how I thought as it related to being an entrepreneur.

The people in the interview process were simply amazing and I knew from the first time I spoke to the hiring manager that I wanted to work with her. Also, everyone in the interview process knew your name after only one time in meeting you and made you feel like they had known you for years. I consider it somewhat of a family. These are some of the reasons why you would want to work for an organization. I have been in sales and management for over 20 years and this is truly a unique culture.

After two months of intense preparation and many conversations, I finally landed the job. A piece of advice to all those out there interviewing. Do your homework. It pays to be overly prepared and you must go above and beyond in order to get a job in this tough economic and competitive environment.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty and how you exceeded their expectations. Not just met them, but exceeded.   View Answer
  • Give me an account in which you lost the business and what you learned from this situation   View Answer
The parameters of the compensation is generally fixed at large organizations and is based on your experience, current income and accomplishments.