Johnson & Johnson

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Brand Management Intern Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke with an ABM at a social function over the summer before starting my MBA. I applied to interview at National Black and emailed my contact to let him know I applied. At National Black I had two back-to-back interviews with ABMs. The interview structure went: tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume, a handful of behavioral questions, and a short case (case was only during the first interview). The case was to look at an advertisement for a product and recommend changes. That afternoon I received an invite to do a 3rd round interview with a brand manager the next morning. Third round was all behavioral and lots of time to ask questions back. Be sure to mention the Credo early on as it is an important aspect of being a good J&J employee. There will also be a question or two about what the Credo means to you.

Interview Question – Tell me about a brand you believe is under performing.   Answer Question

Workday Integration Lead Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – The Interview process was disjointed and was spread out over months. I did not like the offhanded "we expect you to work evenings and weekends" comment at the elevator bank. Curious is my not being Indian had anything to do with it. Not many non Indians in the IT department.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work evenings and weekends all the time?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My research showed that J&J's IT department is overworked, the CIO was removed a year ago, and the turnover rate is high. Why would I bother?

Equity Analyst Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 telephone and then final interview. The Job description and title were very misleading

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

FLDP Summer Internship (MBA) Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact at Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Orientation orientation program - consisted of a fairly simple behavioral "infoview". Really it's a two way informational interview, kind of seeing if there might be a fit. Continued interactions with recruiters via e-mail leading up to an invitation to interview at the Discover J&J event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with leaders to address a business need that you had identified.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you worked to build consensus using information from other groups or organizations.   Answer Question
  • What is a hurdle rate?   View Answer
  • How do you use statistics in financial planning?   View Answer
  • Explain the statement of cash flows and how important it is.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Have not yet made a decision.

Information Technology Intern Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and got an interview. Interview went very smoothly, the 2 interviewers were very nice and asked basic behavioral interview questions. Asked questions about resume.

Interview Question – Why J&J?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Co-Op Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two different professionals who were not in the HR department. The interview consisted of a majority of behavioral questions asking about background, ethics, etc and then the follow up consists of technical questions. Be sure to emphasize the credo, which Johnson and Johnson holds to in all parts of their business.

Interview Question – Take me through the steps of the supply chain and tell me how financial statements fluctuate with each step   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional - you are screened by low level contractors who ask questions off a script. No contact information was provided to follow up. I am very experienced, was recommended by an internal employee and would have expected to hear back from the hiring manager. I never received a response at all, and when I tried following up (via the switchboard and figuring out email address), I received no response.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went outside the process   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – On-campus interview round, then 2-day invitational for top candidates from around the country. First day, program overview, dinner, and individual company fair. Second day, 3 separate interviews.

Interview Question – Behavorial questions for crisis situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 1 month to respond, will match offer of another company if you send them your offer letter.

ITLDP Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Interview Details – Applied online to position. Within a week heard back from the recruiter. Had an initial 1:1 interview with the first recruiter. She told me about the program, etc. She asked me a bunch of personality questions... e.g. Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group, etc.

After a few days, I heard back from the recruiter and got invited to a panel interview. I was given a topic to prepare a presentation for. You have to prepare the presentation on a paper, hand a copy to the interviewers and present. The interview has 2 J&J IT managers. For a hour or so they ask you questions that are also personality. Familiarize yourself with the STAR method if you're not familiar already... they want you to use it (Google it). After a hour of questions, you get a second panel interview. This time, you are presented with a case study. The case study states: "You are an manager and you're working on a project involving a web platform. The old manager unexpectedly left the position, and you're now in charge. You have a team and deadlines to meet. The software is a warehouse / client portal software. How would you go about implementing the software? What technologies would you use? How would you lead the team?" You're given 10 minutes to review the case study, and develop some answers to questions. In 10 minutes, the interviewers start asking you questions about how you would react to the business, schedule things, lead your team, etc. There aren't any right or wrong answers, but be prepared to defend your choices.

After a few days I heard back and had an offer.

I'd really recommend practicing the STAR method of answering behavioral questions (almost no technical questions in the interview). Come up with a BUNCH of scenarios / stories to share with the interviewers (e.g. when you had to stand up to a team member, when you lead a team, when you failed at a task, how did you react, etc.). They will ask LOTS of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you knew someone was not doing their job in a team project correctly. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

PLDP MBA Intern Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through my business school's career management website. There were two interviewers from J&J that came to the school for the on-campus interview, we only interview one person for 45 minutes. He was very nice, asked to run through my resume, why J&J, why procurement, asked a behavioral question on a situation I was in in which one of my group members did not work well in the group and how I handled it.

Interview Question – Why J&J   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson & Johnson interview questions and advice in New Brunswick, NJ. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Johnson & Johnson employees and interview candidates.