Johnson & Johnson

3.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

This was through an agency for a consulting position in PA. Took more than a week to get an interview date which was held by phone. Basic questions. Interviewer (if I remember, was a Director level) had a copy of my resume and had reviewed it (good). They gave specific activities they wanted the incumbent to perform. Smooth otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • A tough question - what would I do if someone asked me to change my conclusions of a report I wrote?   View Answer

Took another position before their offer came.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in December 2013.

I was surprised at how laid back the interview was. I was very nervous before had, but once I got to the interview I relaxed. It was just like talking to an older relative or family friend.

Questions:
    -What made you choose Drexel University?
    -Why are you interested in this position?
    -How would you describe your work ethic?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to step up and be a leader.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Process was long. Started with an hr screening that was kinda pointless. Not sure how anyone makes or breaks that one. Followed up by a longer more detailed and relevant hr interview with mostly behavior based questions. I was invited for site interviews of a panel of 4 and 2 individual interviews. Was told that there was an additional round and was invited to that round as well with 4 more 1:1 interviews. The process wasn't difficult but it was extremely long for a critical position. In the end I made it to the end, but they went with the other candidate.

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2012.

I got the interview through oncampus recruitment. There was an initial interview where I interviewed with a member of the Tax department. It was fairly conversational. Any questions were all behavioral. We clicked and about 3.5 weeks later got a call for super day in Princeton. However, due to Sandy this was postponed and a few weeks later we had the interviews with around 50-60 others in a hotel in Philly. There were team building events, a an assessment test, networking events with other JNJ professionals. it was 2 days long. After that the second day was 3 interviews at the hotel with 3 professionals. It was also behavioral. I was rejected approximately 2 days later by email. The company was quick with that.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you were innovative or improved a process. It wasn't too hard in hindsight but I was thrown off during one of the interviews.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2012.

Typical behavioral questions. Just be honest.

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in September 2011.

Had 2 thirty minute interviews. In the first one the interviewer started the interview by asking me to talk about myself for 5 or 10 minutes. After that, she didn't really ask any followup questions. The second interview was also a bit unconventional, the interviewer just went down my resume commenting on my items. There weren't any stereotypical interview questions, though I was told beforehand that they were mostly looking for people that would "fit in" at Johnson & Johnson.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in March 2011.

Initial contact by telephone from HR to take further details and discuss the role as well as suggestions about other roles suitable. Very professional and polite conversation with HR. Contacted initially by email then by telephone by hiring department manager which was friendly, polite, informative and gave a good sense of the job requirements however still a bit vague on the technology (due to IP issues as expected). Transport for face-to-face interview arranged well and detailed itinerary prepared. Interview process was spread out across the day with many different managers, but felt personal, relaxed and very useful discussions. Very good feedback and was informed that I would have been offered the position however it was withdrawn from the company's budget.

Interview Questions
    • What position would you want to be in 5, 10 years time.   View Answer

Quality Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in January 2011.

Called by HR to interview and met with the hiring manager and one of his peers via phone. I was later called back in to meet with the group's director. The interviews were all very straight forward. They used a mix of behavioral types of questions as well as standard questions. It was very relaxed and strictly intended to get at my capabilities as well as fit to the company.

Interview Questions

At the same time that I received this offer, I received another offer for a previous position I had interviewed for. The other offer was a bit better than this one but the primary reason I chose to go with the other position was that it represented a new area of learning for me and would help to fill some gaps in my career profile.

Quality Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview. Followed up with in person interview with hiring manager and then a second interview with the next level of management. Everyone was courteous and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your definition of Quality Systems.   View Answer

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in November 2010.

The first round interview was on campus- basic behavior questions focused on leadership, teamwork, and process improvement (ex. Tell me about a time when you saw an inefficent process and what you did to improve it). Also basic accounting questions about, gross margin, and the three financial statements- you should know what is on all three statements and how they interact) Also make sure you come with good questions to ask the interviewer- read up on the Credo and any current J&J news.

The 2nd round is the FLDP invitational which is a two day event in NJ. One day is basically presentations, networking events and a case study. In the case study, they just want to see how you work with others and your thought process. Do not stress out about this part of the interview! It was alot of fun, just make sure you show that you are a team player. You will also have 3 1:1 interviews. Two are strictly behavior questions- they want to know about your past work history, how you have added value to past projects, and why you would be an asset to the company- Make sure your already have a few examples of times when you worked with difficult people, improved a process, and took intiative. The last interview is a mix of personal and technical questions- they asked questions about different things on my resume, also basic accounting questions. Make sure you know how to make journal entries for sale of a product, depreciation, and revenue recognition.

During the interviews, let your personality shine- J&J doesnt just want smart people, they want smart people that they can see themselves working with. One way to make a great impression is to make sure you come with alot of different and meaningful questions for the interviewer- dont just ask them about the thing they like best about their job. Ask specific questions about their career, experience with J&J and the FLDP program- Show them you are geniuenly interested!! At the same time, do your homework, do not basic questions like how long is the FLDP program- you will look silly.

Final piece of advice is to make sure you go to all scheduled events and meet as many people as possible. It is really tempting to stay in your room and study for your interviews but J&J is really big on networking and the more people know you, the better off you are. Make it a point to strike up converstaions with J&J employees- just make sure the conversations you are having are meaningful- come prepared with interesting questions.

Overall it was a wonderful experience- everyone was extremely friendly and engaging. It may seem intimating but just try and have fun, if you are a right "fit" it will be evident.

Interview Questions
    • You sell a product for $1,000 in october. You recieve $500 in october and $500 in november. How do you recognize the sale?   View Answers (2)
    • You buy machinary for $10,000. It has a useful life of 5yrs and $5,000 salvage value. What is your depreciation expense   View Answers (2)
    no negotiation but the salary is generous