Johnson & Johnson Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Initial interview over phone with company recruiter. Then scheduled an onsite interview a week later but it was to interview for two jobs. At the closure of the interview I was told by the hiring manager I would hear next steps from our recruiter. Unfortunately I did not receive any follow up or even a generic system generated email saying the job was closed or filled. Later through networking I found out that these jobs are generally for employees that are part of the fldp program but they post externally to pull in outside people as fillers. Overall I would not recommend wasting your time unless you are unemployed and desperate for a job. Recruiting was highly unprofessional and do not recognize the time candidates put in to interview onsite. Based on how this employer treats candidates it is indicative of how they treat their employees. Funny thing is a year later the same recruiting member called asking if I wanted to apply for jobs and come in for an onsite interview. No thank you JNJ. Unfortunately I only lost one vacation day and I am not wasting anymore time.

Interview Questions

• Focused on soft skills and was less about technical skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson (Raritan, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Someone from recruiting contacted me and set up an introduction interview with 3 finance leaders. This interview was done in Pennsylvania and it is to see if you measure up to the standards of Johnson & Johnson. The interviewers also gauge your talent and experiences, and recommend specific jobs for you to interview with to see if you can land a position. After I successfully completed the introduction interview, I was given a list of about 7 potential jobs. I went on about 4 interviews, and was offered the job. From the start when the recruiter contacted me to the job offer was approximately 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. I was asked multiple times how I handled a situation where I made a mistake and how I fixed the error.   Answer Question

When the recruiter contact me we discussed the salary range I was expecting as well as other perks such as vacation and sign on bonus. He said the range, vacation and sign on bonus are within the ranges of the positions at the level in which I was applying. When I finally received an offer, the salary was $15k under the low end of the range I had given. There was also no sign on bonus, and they would not budge on extra vacation. From my experience in pharma, 3 weeks is the standard, with an extra 3 days given after 5 years. JnJ would not budge and only offered 2 weeks vacation, even though I had a total of 6 professional years experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in April 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 employees ranging from Corporate Controller to a fresh Senior finiancial analyst. The interviews were a breeze. But Johnson and Johnson were looking for a someone with accounting experience which i didnt have. plus they thought i was too aggresive and wouldnt fit their culture.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was long - took 1.5 months and involved a phone screen, a first round and than 5 back to back interviews for the second round. Phone screen focused on fit to the company. First round was a mix of technical and leadership questions and last round focused more on the technical with many accounting scenario type questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. An unexpected one was to tell about transfer pricing process   Answer Question