Johnson & Johnson

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raritan, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in July 2011.

Interview Details – Someone from recruiting contacted me and set up an introduction interview with 3 finance leaders. This interview was done in Pennsylvania and it is to see if you measure up to the standards of Johnson & Johnson. The interviewers also gauge your talent and experiences, and recommend specific jobs for you to interview with to see if you can land a position. After I successfully completed the introduction interview, I was given a list of about 7 potential jobs. I went on about 4 interviews, and was offered the job. From the start when the recruiter contacted me to the job offer was approximately 90 days.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. I was asked multiple times how I handled a situation where I made a mistake and how I fixed the error.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – When the recruiter contact me we discussed the salary range I was expecting as well as other perks such as vacation and sign on bonus. He said the range, vacation and sign on bonus are within the ranges of the positions at the level in which I was applying. When I finally received an offer, the salary was $15k under the low end of the range I had given. There was also no sign on bonus, and they would not budge on extra vacation. From my experience in pharma, 3 weeks is the standard, with an extra 3 days given after 5 years. JnJ would not budge and only offered 2 weeks vacation, even though I had a total of 6 professional years experience.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Johnson in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 6 employees ranging from Corporate Controller to a fresh Senior finiancial analyst. The interviews were a breeze. But Johnson and Johnson were looking for a someone with accounting experience which i didnt have. plus they thought i was too aggresive and wouldnt fit their culture.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Johnson & Johnson

Interview Details – Interview process was long - took 1.5 months and involved a phone screen, a first round and than 5 back to back interviews for the second round. Phone screen focused on fit to the company. First round was a mix of technical and leadership questions and last round focused more on the technical with many accounting scenario type questions.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. An unexpected one was to tell about transfer pricing process   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!