Johnson & Wales University Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2014
Updated May 13, 2014

2.0

Social Media Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Applied online through their portal, a few weeks later received an email about an initial screening call, did the screening call with 2 people - they asked good questions about my current work experience and told me more about the position. A day or two later got a call for an in person interview scheduled for a week or so out. It was a great interview experience, very professional everyone was very kind they gave good directions to the building etc. At the end of the interview I was told they were interviewing the first round of candidates and would let me know by the end of next week if I was going to come in for another interview, an online test, and a written test. That was almost a month and a half ago, never heard anything and the job posting is still up. Marketing admissions can be busy in April, their needs may have changed, who knows what happened. That's the way these things go sometimes.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to hear about specific projects, and also about a time I had pitched a project that was rejected and what I learned from it etc.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Long process- about 6 months. One individual interview, one group interview. Must submit 2 rec. letters.

Orientation Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

First, you have to attend an orientation information session (which is offered several different times) at the end you received an application packet. After completing the application, drop it off before the deadline and attend a group interview night. At the group interview night you must make an impression, for us we did introductions in front of everyone and then broke into smaller groups to create a skit. At the end of the group interview night, you sign up for an individual interview time; however, you are sent an email to say if you moving on to the individual interviews. If you receive an email, you attend the interview at the time you signed-up for. After the individual interview, you are given a date in which all the interviews will be done and everyone will have an envelope to pick up. In the envelope you receive a letter stating where or not you received the job!

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a room full of parents about coming to JWU and your major?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in September 2012.

Phone interview, basic questions: Talk about yourself, where do you want to be in _ years _ years? Ultimate Goal. In person interview, 2 people in depth questions about strengths and experiences. Basic stuff. Nothing new. 1 week intensive training in Providence, RI.

Interview Questions
    None. Take it or leave it.

Field Service Techniccian Interview

Interview process consisted of :
    applied online through their career website and monitor the application through there.
    then i got a first round interview and after almost a month i got a second interview.
    Five days later i got a call from them with a job offer.

not much room for negotiation...

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward and easy to answer. prepare for behavioral questions as well as technicall.   Answer Question
    not much room to negotiate.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in November 2009.

I was asked to come in for the interview, They handed me the application and said fill this out, I wasn't asked any of the normal interview questions I would have been asked.

NONE

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in March 2009.

Informal Overview on qualifications

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience in managing people?   View Answer
    Non Negotiable

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in December 2008.

I was interviewed by the Manager of telecommunication where basically she described the job duties and explained what she did. The interview was pretty informal, which is expected for a student assistant position. I was asked about my fufute goals and few questions about my technical skills with the computer and phone system. Next day I got the email saying I am hired and I started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with networking and VOiP phone system?   Answer Question

Worked for Johnson & Wales University? Contribute to the Community!