Johnson & Wales University

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Social Media Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Johnson & Wales University.

Interview Details – Applied online through their portal, a few weeks later received an email about an initial screening call, did the screening call with 2 people - they asked good questions about my current work experience and told me more about the position. A day or two later got a call for an in person interview scheduled for a week or so out. It was a great interview experience, very professional everyone was very kind they gave good directions to the building etc. At the end of the interview I was told they were interviewing the first round of candidates and would let me know by the end of next week if I was going to come in for another interview, an online test, and a written test. That was almost a month and a half ago, never heard anything and the job posting is still up. Marketing admissions can be busy in April, their needs may have changed, who knows what happened. That's the way these things go sometimes.

Interview Question – Wanted to hear about specific projects, and also about a time I had pitched a project that was rejected and what I learned from it etc.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

MDP

Interviewed at Johnson & Wales University

Interview Details – Long process- about 6 months. One individual interview, one group interview. Must submit 2 rec. letters.

Interview Question – How will you improve practicum training   Answer Question

Orientation Leader Interview

Orientation Leader

Interviewed at Johnson & Wales University

Interview Details – First, you have to attend an orientation information session (which is offered several different times) at the end you received an application packet. After completing the application, drop it off before the deadline and attend a group interview night. At the group interview night you must make an impression, for us we did introductions in front of everyone and then broke into smaller groups to create a skit. At the end of the group interview night, you sign up for an individual interview time; however, you are sent an email to say if you moving on to the individual interviews. If you receive an email, you attend the interview at the time you signed-up for. After the individual interview, you are given a date in which all the interviews will be done and everyone will have an envelope to pick up. In the envelope you receive a letter stating where or not you received the job!

Interview Question – What would you tell a room full of parents about coming to JWU and your major?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, basic questions: Talk about yourself, where do you want to be in _ years _ years? Ultimate Goal. In person interview, 2 people in depth questions about strengths and experiences. Basic stuff. Nothing new. 1 week intensive training in Providence, RI.

Interview Question – Weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Field Service Techniccian Interview

Field Service Techniccian

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of :
applied online through their career website and monitor the application through there.
then i got a first round interview and after almost a month i got a second interview.
Five days later i got a call from them with a job offer.

not much room for negotiation...

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward and easy to answer. prepare for behavioral questions as well as technicall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Fellow Interview

Fellow
Providence, RI

The process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in for the interview, They handed me the application and said fill this out, I wasn't asked any of the normal interview questions I would have been asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NONE

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in March 2009.

Interview Details – Informal Overview on qualifications

Interview Question – Do you have experience in managing people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non Negotiable

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Providence, RI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson & Wales University in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Manager of telecommunication where basically she described the job duties and explained what she did. The interview was pretty informal, which is expected for a student assistant position. I was asked about my fufute goals and few questions about my technical skills with the computer and phone system. Next day I got the email saying I am hired and I started the next week.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with networking and VOiP phone system?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Johnson & Wales University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson & Wales University interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Johnson & Wales University employees and interview candidates.