Jones Day

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Day.

Interview Details – Great and fast Interview. The Lady was very helpful. They had water and other items for you in case needed. They keep you waiting a short period of time.

Interview Question – The basic "What is your weakness"   Answer Question

Non-U S Legal Interview

Non-U S Legal
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Jones Day.

Interview Details – Five people of the arbitration team interviewed me. Basically one question from each person.
Introduce yourself-->the most meaningful experience to you-->some questions based on your resume-->any questions you have for them.
They were very nice, and I think for the first 5 mins all we talked about was travelling and culture stuff.
It took 25 mins in total.

Interview Question – One partner asked me to explain a project I did. He went for details and I was not really prepared for that.   View Answer

Business & Communications Assistant Interview

Business & Communications Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jones Day in June 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Jones Day for a position in their marketing department. They asked for an interview promptly and were flexible in scheduling. I was required to go through basic skills testing that included things like vision accuracy, proofreading, and basic math that lasted about an hour. I interviewed with the HR and Marketing managers, but didn't seem to fit in with the team they had already created and they made it very clear that if given the job, I would only be the assistant.

Interview Question – What would you do in a conflict situation with one of the lawyers?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Support Interview

Applications Support
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jones Day in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly straight forward. Recruiter set everything up. I met with the person who would be managing me for about an hour. They walked me around the building and introduced me to a few other people that I'd be working with. The next day they called me back and had me meet with an Assistant Director who also interviewed me. Later that day the recruiter called with the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can recall that very difficult to answer. Typical behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Jones Day in September 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview on campus with hiring partner. I received a phone call within a day or two with an offer to come to the office for a full day of interviews. I had about 4 or 5 interviews total, 20-30 minutes with each, and lunch at the end with a couple of associates. Interviews were one on one with both associates and partners. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional - especially the recruiting staff. Received an offer for a summer associate position within a day or two. A good experience overall.

Interview Question – Why did you go to law school?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating - offers are set and very generous.

Associate Interview

Associate
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Jones Day in August 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was different from any other that I've witnessed or conducted. There were no tricky questions or anything alike, it was mostly about my background and professional goals. However the interviews generally include some hard questions about contracts or basic legal institutions.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jones Day.

Interview Details – The hunter interviewed in an easy way. Then Office Administrator interviewed with paper test. At the end Partner-in-Charge took a brief interview focusing on salary etc.

Negotiation Details – They offered the salary I want but decreased after 2 years.

Support Staff Interview

Support Staff

Interviewed at Jones Day

Interview Details – Normal interview process. Not much out of the ordinary. Came in for a total of 2 interviews and was then offered the position.

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Day in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called for an interview one week later. Asked basic background questions--career goals, interest in law, describe leadership roles, teamwork, etc. Took a test on skills in Word/Excel, and a typing-speed test. Offered the job via a phone call the next day.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Vacation Scheme Interview

Vacation Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Day in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was an interview with a partner (supposed to have two partners but one was snowed in). She was friendly and approachable for half of the interview and more aggressive in the other half. I was asked questions about why i wanted to study law, what commercial issues i had been following in the press and what other career i had considered.

Worked for Jones Day? Contribute to the Community!