Jones Day

2.9

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Day.

Great and fast Interview. The Lady was very helpful. They had water and other items for you in case needed. They keep you waiting a short period of time.

Non-U S Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Jones Day.

Five people of the arbitration team interviewed me. Basically one question from each person.
    Introduce yourself-->the most meaningful experience to you-->some questions based on your resume-->any questions you have for them.
    They were very nice, and I think for the first 5 mins all we talked about was travelling and culture stuff.
    It took 25 mins in total.

Interview Questions
    • One partner asked me to explain a project I did. He went for details and I was not really prepared for that.   View Answer

Business & Communications Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Day in June 2013.

I interviewed with Jones Day for a position in their marketing department. They asked for an interview promptly and were flexible in scheduling. I was required to go through basic skills testing that included things like vision accuracy, proofreading, and basic math that lasted about an hour. I interviewed with the HR and Marketing managers, but didn't seem to fit in with the team they had already created and they made it very clear that if given the job, I would only be the assistant.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a conflict situation with one of the lawyers?   View Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jones Day in August 2010.

Hiring process very well-oiled. And New Lawyers Group concept works quite well. Having two persons interview each applicant in the on-campus interview works very well. The callback process was very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge that you faced in a prior job. How did you address it?   View Answer
    Uneventful.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Day in June 2009.

Interview was fairly straight forward. Recruiter set everything up. I met with the person who would be managing me for about an hour. They walked me around the building and introduced me to a few other people that I'd be working with. The next day they called me back and had me meet with an Assistant Director who also interviewed me. Later that day the recruiter called with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that I can recall that very difficult to answer. Typical behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Day in September 2008.

Initial interview on campus with hiring partner. I received a phone call within a day or two with an offer to come to the office for a full day of interviews. I had about 4 or 5 interviews total, 20-30 minutes with each, and lunch at the end with a couple of associates. Interviews were one on one with both associates and partners. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional - especially the recruiting staff. Received an offer for a summer associate position within a day or two. A good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating - offers are set and very generous.

IT Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Day.

The hunter interviewed in an easy way. Then Office Administrator interviewed with paper test. At the end Partner-in-Charge took a brief interview focusing on salary etc.

They offered the salary I want but decreased after 2 years.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Jones Day in August 2013.

My interview was different from any other that I've witnessed or conducted. There were no tricky questions or anything alike, it was mostly about my background and professional goals. However the interviews generally include some hard questions about contracts or basic legal institutions.

Support Staff Interview

Normal interview process. Not much out of the ordinary. Came in for a total of 2 interviews and was then offered the position.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Day in January 2010.

It was an interview with a partner (supposed to have two partners but one was snowed in). She was friendly and approachable for half of the interview and more aggressive in the other half. I was asked questions about why i wanted to study law, what commercial issues i had been following in the press and what other career i had considered.