Jones International University Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jones International University

Admissions Counselor Interview

I was interviewed once by phone and once by an ADOA. The atmosphere was nice and the people at the school were very professional and easy to work with. I feel that if we were not laid off I would have continued to work at JIU for several more years. There are very limited admissions jobs available now considering they only kept 14.

Student Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones International University.

Interviewed with trainer, supervisor and manager. Questions were related to experience in customer service and ability to stay organized. Personality and having a degree is most important. Prior experience in higher education was not important.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: "How would you explain to a student over a phone conversation how to cut and paste text on a computer?"   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jones International University.

I was contacted by Admissions Director from a posted online resume. The phone interview was immediate, then a face to face was scheduled within 48 hours. The face to face was talking to the director and took at least 45 minutes. A tour of the facility was given and my feedback was requested. I was told I would hear something within a week. I had received an email by the time I reached home the same day (<24 hours). I was awarded the position and training dates were given.

Interview Questions
    • When asked what my expectation of the position was, but I had only researched it online. I had never worked in the role of an admissions counselor.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate salary.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones International University in May 2011.

Interviewed with department manager. Manager asked situational questions and we reviewed my background. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel you could meet our department metrics?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jones International University in August 2010.

My friends told me JIU was an evil organization throughout before I started. He said it was a vulgar work environment and I should be prepared to hear the kind of language I do not personally use. He mentionef the sexual harrassment issues JIU had. He mentioned the low personal values of management. I was hired after two phone interviews based on my background. My friend was fired the same day I came on.

Interview Questions
    • Do you date the DOA who recommended you? By the way, I didn't.   View Answer
    It was hard to get the higher salaries. Don't budge. They reduced 90% of the workforce, don't bother.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones International University in March 2010.

The recruiter does a phone interview and then you have a one on one interview with the manager who will be supervising you. They give you a verbal and then written offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    They are very fixed on the salary amounts. Ty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jones International University in September 2009.

They ask basic questions and mainly want to know that you are a people person. Most people at the company have either previously worked at another school or were in the Real Estate or Mortgage Industry. They want "Sales People". But depending upon who you interview with, they will sometimes consider others. But most importantly you have to be comforable speaking over the phone.

Interview Questions
    The salary coming in unless the have certain (specific needs) is about 42-44k. But when they have "specific needs for "heavy hitters or heavy enrollers" those individuals can make around 60k but the have to be looking for that sort of individual.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones International University in August 2009.

The interview process was standard. After providing a work sample and a phone interview, I was invited to the building to meet with the HR contact and my two future managers. They liked my work sample and we hit it off. The interview was quite relaxed, and not intimidating. We talked about a combination of position requirements and general competencies. It was easy to communicate with and get updates from HR throughout the process, and the company did a good job of moving the process along.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how my previous non-higher-education experience was applicable to an academic position.   Answer Question
    Yes. Salaries are negotiable. Don't be afraid to go back and forth about it - here or at any other company.