Jones Lang LaSalle

Updated Sep 9, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2014.

Invited to interview in person after other candidates had already completed phone interviews and first in person interview. Interview with 2 team members simultaneously for an hour, then met with 2 executive team members simultaneously for an hour. After sending a "thank you for the interview" to all four individuals, didn't receive a response until three weeks later informing me that they were no longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions
  • As a seasoned professional with diverse expertise, why would you want a lower-level position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2012.

I interviewed with 8 individuals in total in 30 minute incements. Interview took two hours. For one half hour I was interviewing 4 people at once. I thought this was excessive since it was for an entry level position, but the interview process only lasted one day, so I suppose they would rather crame the process instead of having intervewees travel to the city multiple times.

The people whom I was interviewing with all went to prestigious universities and half of them had MBAs at ivy league B-schools or Booth, and it appeared that they want all their employees to share this common quality.

They asked me the typical questions, but I got caught up when they asked me why I was interested in real estate which is why I believe I didn't get the job. Point is, know a lot about real estate and be able to illustrate why you want to be in this industry.

7 out of the 8 people seemed relaxed and fun; however one of the 8 was very awkward. Overall, the atmosphere seemed ver relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in November 2011.

I came initially to meet the manager of the group and the day before was asked if I could stick around all day to meet with various project managers. It became an interview that lasted from 9-4:00. Everyone was really nice and told me about the company and how it was structured. The most important thing they wanted out of my interview by far was to have me talk to many group members to see if I could get along with them.

Interview Questions
    • One team member asked me why I wanted to work in their group and started negating all my reasoning. It was rather intimidating, but I had a feeling that that was the guys way, so I held my ground. I know now that's his personality to provoke a reaction in jest as a test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in July 2010.

Teams of two, mostly personality fit. Company seems to care more about pedigree than skill fit

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

1st interview: phone interview: 30 minutes. fittness questions: tell me about your self? why do you want to work at JLL? what do you know about the real estate market in this country?
    2nd stage: cases. 2 difficult cases in finance and valuation. and you got 1 week to do them.

Interview Questions
    • 3rd (final) interview: online panel interview: 30 minutes. more technical questions in finance and valuation. plus market knowledge questions in real estate.

- the interviewers are very friendly and nice, and the interview goes very smoothly! well scheduled and paced! no stress. you just need to go well prepared to the interview in terms of knowing about the firm, about the market the firm operates at, and an understanding of basic finance.
      - the 2 cases are a to-do-at-home. so you got all the time you need (in the span of 1 week). most of the work will require knowledge of microsoft word and excel. inorder to solve the cases, assumptions and numbers fetched from online reserach are welcomed!

Answer Question
    I am still in the process of negotiations.

Analyst Interview

The interview process was mostly a series of conversations. I shared about myself and they shared information about the company, explaining the different branches and work. They wanted to know about my background and just to hear I had basic computer skills and that I was interested in real estate. Aside from that, they just wanted to know

Interview Questions
    • One of the VPs asked me how I'd graduated from college without having done financial analysis or having an excel expertise. He asked why I'd even bothered interviewing at the company without those skills.   View Answer
    Know what you want to negotiate before you begin. I basically accepted as is.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2011.

Office: Shanghai
    First, phone me to tell me where is the office and time of the interview
    Second, the head of our department confront me for the 1st round interview
    Third, 2nd round interview is the regional director

Interview Questions
    Don't be persuaded that easily like I did, get a reasonable price you deserve

Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in July 2010.

Three interviews with different people. The first two interviewers were pretty nice, but I felt the director was pretty snobby. After he asked me about my undergraduate experience, he told me "we usually like to hire people from top schools." I guess he didn't think I was a member of elite club.

There were no questions about my skills or experience. All the questions seemed to be theoretical where they are not interested in the answer you come up with but in how you answer them.

He also kept alluding to the fact that his division of the company (research) was quite prestigious whereas the salespeople/operations people were these peasants or migrant workers or something. After I answered one question, he cheekily said, "well, you sure answered that like a marketer" referring to the fact that I was working in sales/mkting.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in June 2008.

I was recommended through a friend who worked at the company. I was initially contacted by the head of department secretary. I went to the office for the first round of interview and was interviewed by two different people. I was then called for a second interview with another managing director, who offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What I had been doing previously and what skills were obtained which would be applicable to the job I was applying for.   Answer Question