Jones Lang LaSalle Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

9 interviews

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in November 2011.

I came initially to meet the manager of the group and the day before was asked if I could stick around all day to meet with various project managers. It became an interview that lasted from 9-4:00. Everyone was really nice and told me about the company and how it was structured. The most important thing they wanted out of my interview by far was to have me talk to many group members to see if I could get along with them.

Interview Questions
    • One team member asked me why I wanted to work in their group and started negating all my reasoning. It was rather intimidating, but I had a feeling that that was the guys way, so I held my ground. I know now that's his personality to provoke a reaction in jest as a test.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

I was invited for office interview. Not too much technical questions. It's for about fit.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume looks a lot like IB focused. Can you explain why you chose to apply to this financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2013.

I received an email from the Controller to meet with a Accounting Manager. Followed by another round of interview with two more people. Interview lasted 30 minutes each. They want to know if you have the right personality to fit into the office along with your knowledge.

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2011.

The interview process was very mis leading, and once I started my job I found that the actual requirements were not consistent with what had been described. My interviewers personalities changed once I began working as well. Offers of time off were rescinded and training was incomplete. The job itself was uninteresting and did not pay very well, I am of the opinion that they were so desperate to fill the position they misrepresented it so that I did not turn their offer down. I left after 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • How many years of experience do you have in your field   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, this was a contract position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2012.

I interviewed with 8 individuals in total in 30 minute incements. Interview took two hours. For one half hour I was interviewing 4 people at once. I thought this was excessive since it was for an entry level position, but the interview process only lasted one day, so I suppose they would rather crame the process instead of having intervewees travel to the city multiple times.

The people whom I was interviewing with all went to prestigious universities and half of them had MBAs at ivy league B-schools or Booth, and it appeared that they want all their employees to share this common quality.

They asked me the typical questions, but I got caught up when they asked me why I was interested in real estate which is why I believe I didn't get the job. Point is, know a lot about real estate and be able to illustrate why you want to be in this industry.

7 out of the 8 people seemed relaxed and fun; however one of the 8 was very awkward. Overall, the atmosphere seemed ver relaxed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in June 2011.

Received a call from HR after applying online and calling in a few times to check on status. Went in for 1:1 interviews. Met with 2 seperate people and one phone interview due to team member located out of town. Good interviewers, typical questions for fit, personality, some behavioral based like what was the last time you had a problem and how did you overcome it.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a difficulty at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in July 2010.

Teams of two, mostly personality fit. Company seems to care more about pedigree than skill fit

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in December 2008.

Interviewed 1 on 1 with three different people. Interviews varied from person to person, I don't think there is any standard. Interviewed by one guy who was very unprofessional, but the other two were great and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    They pay on the low end of the spectrum and negotiation wasn't possible

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2007.

phone interview, then 1:1 with multiple people at different times. Be yourself, show that you have some intellegence, be personable, if you have valid experience and are a good fit for an open position, best of luck. It's hard to get in if you're not filling an open position, managers don't have that much freedom to create a new position unless there's a real pressing need for it.

Non existant

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!