Jones Lang LaSalle

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in November 2011.

Interview Details – I came initially to meet the manager of the group and the day before was asked if I could stick around all day to meet with various project managers. It became an interview that lasted from 9-4:00. Everyone was really nice and told me about the company and how it was structured. The most important thing they wanted out of my interview by far was to have me talk to many group members to see if I could get along with them.

Interview Question – One team member asked me why I wanted to work in their group and started negating all my reasoning. It was rather intimidating, but I had a feeling that that was the guys way, so I held my ground. I know now that's his personality to provoke a reaction in jest as a test.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – I was invited for office interview. Not too much technical questions. It's for about fit.

Interview Question – Your resume looks a lot like IB focused. Can you explain why you chose to apply to this financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Accounting Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from the Controller to meet with a Accounting Manager. Followed by another round of interview with two more people. Interview lasted 30 minutes each. They want to know if you have the right personality to fit into the office along with your knowledge.

Interview Question – Describe your dream job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Food and Beverage Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very mis leading, and once I started my job I found that the actual requirements were not consistent with what had been described. My interviewers personalities changed once I began working as well. Offers of time off were rescinded and training was incomplete. The job itself was uninteresting and did not pay very well, I am of the opinion that they were so desperate to fill the position they misrepresented it so that I did not turn their offer down. I left after 1 month.

Interview Question – How many years of experience do you have in your field   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, this was a contract position.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 8 individuals in total in 30 minute incements. Interview took two hours. For one half hour I was interviewing 4 people at once. I thought this was excessive since it was for an entry level position, but the interview process only lasted one day, so I suppose they would rather crame the process instead of having intervewees travel to the city multiple times.

The people whom I was interviewing with all went to prestigious universities and half of them had MBAs at ivy league B-schools or Booth, and it appeared that they want all their employees to share this common quality.

They asked me the typical questions, but I got caught up when they asked me why I was interested in real estate which is why I believe I didn't get the job. Point is, know a lot about real estate and be able to illustrate why you want to be in this industry.

7 out of the 8 people seemed relaxed and fun; however one of the 8 was very awkward. Overall, the atmosphere seemed ver relaxed.

Interview Question – What interest you about real estate?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR after applying online and calling in a few times to check on status. Went in for 1:1 interviews. Met with 2 seperate people and one phone interview due to team member located out of town. Good interviewers, typical questions for fit, personality, some behavioral based like what was the last time you had a problem and how did you overcome it.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficulty at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in July 2010.

Interview Details – Teams of two, mostly personality fit. Company seems to care more about pedigree than skill fit

Interview Question – Whats your GPA   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in December 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed 1 on 1 with three different people. Interviews varied from person to person, I don't think there is any standard. Interviewed by one guy who was very unprofessional, but the other two were great and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay on the low end of the spectrum and negotiation wasn't possible

Real Estate Interview

Real Estate
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2007.

Interview Details – phone interview, then 1:1 with multiple people at different times. Be yourself, show that you have some intellegence, be personable, if you have valid experience and are a good fit for an open position, best of luck. It's hard to get in if you're not filling an open position, managers don't have that much freedom to create a new position unless there's a real pressing need for it.

Negotiation Details – Non existant

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jones Lang LaSalle interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jones Lang LaSalle employees and interview candidates.