Jones Lang LaSalle

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

The first interview was over the phone with someone from HR. Normal question.
The second interview was with the person I was replacing. She clearly had no training in interviewing.
The third interview was with the executive that I would be working for. I love him, he is so friendly, it makes working for him a pleasure.
The fourth and fifth interviews were with random employees that had been with the company for a long time. They could have used a course on "what not to ask". I was asked my age, which is a no-no for interviewing.
Then once an offer was made and I accepted, they do a background screening which is outsourced. The company they used made errors and were pretty unprofessional, but luckily I kept paystubs to prove truth.
The advice I have for potential interviewees, know your stuff because their will be a lot of eyes looking your resume over. Also reserve questions for later interviewers. Asking all you questions in your first interview actually made the rest of the interviewers think I wasn't as interactive, because I had no questions for them.

Interview Questions
I was no able to negotiate.