Jones Lang LaSalle

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – I was invited for office interview. Not too much technical questions. It's for about fit.

Interview Question – Your resume looks a lot like IB focused. Can you explain why you chose to apply to this financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR after applying online and calling in a few times to check on status. Went in for 1:1 interviews. Met with 2 seperate people and one phone interview due to team member located out of town. Good interviewers, typical questions for fit, personality, some behavioral based like what was the last time you had a problem and how did you overcome it.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficulty at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in October 2009.

Interview Details – Getting the Interview: I was referred for the position by an internal employee. The position was not officially posted at the time of the initial e-mail exchange. Following a recommendation from that internal contact in addition to a second internal contact, I was called by the hiring manager.

Phone Interview: The phone interview was very casual and friendly. We discussed the intent for the position. We agreed to proceed with a face-to-face interview on-site. Interview details were coordinated directly with the hiring manager via e-mail.

On-Site Interview: The interviews took place in the office workspace which was on a secured office floor. The office space was typical cubicles with lower walls. Office environment seemed quiet and professional and all were dressed in business casual attire.

The interviews consisted of two 30 minute 1:1 sessions. The first session was with the hiring manager and took place in his office. The other was with a subordinate of the hiring manager and took place within a conference room large enough for about 16 people. Both interviews focused on typical interview questions (work history), responses to various senarios, personal values and/or character questions. There were no particulary odd or obscure types of "curveball" questions.

Interview Follow-up: Following the interviews I received positive feedback due to my very closely aligned work experience. I followed up with an e-mail to each of the interviewers within days. I never heard anything from the subordinate, but the hiring manager followed up with me within about a week by a phone conversation. At that time I was informed that the client opted to cancel that position in lieu of another more critical position to be filled due to the current financial environment.

Financial Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by an in person interview.

Interview Question – They have you do a project that focuses on your real estate analytic capabilities. Its not overly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in September 2009.

Interview Details – It wasn't that bad, besides the excel talk

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jones Lang LaSalle

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jones Lang LaSalle Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jones Lang LaSalle employees and interview candidates.