Jones Lang LaSalle

2.8

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in August 2014.

Phone interview then separate interviews with Group Manager. The entire process was a very lengthy ordeal and the manager basically wasted a great deal of time. i would not recommend anyone to apply with JLL at all.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Applied through a university posting. Was contacted for a phone interview and then for an in-person interview one week later. I interviewed with three different people, two managers and one senior accountant.

Interview Questions
    • Technical accounting questions - what is a bank reconciliation? What is the difference between cash and accrual accounting? Etc...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Three interviews, upscale east loop office building, professional setting. I was impressed with the office and took the elevator up to floors for the interview. The JLL offices up the elevator were more casually dressed for an after work event that was occurring in the evening.

Knowledge Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interviewing was a month-long process which included no fewer than eight telephone interviews. Two interviews were added at the last minute throughout the month. Eventually I interviewed at HQ in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    Relaxed and informal. Salary offer and benefits were excellent.

Property Service Professional Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

They hire through a temp agency, and after they review your scores, they decide if they want you. You have to able to submit to a drug test and background test, and you have to pass both to be considered.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to deal with working in a call center?   Answer Question
    11.00

Associate Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

First round of interviews was with 3 managers/senior level associates. ask the typical resume questions, behavioral questions as well as accounting questions. Was invited to a second round of interviews later that day by email. Second round of interviews was with upper management and was given an offer on the spot at the end of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • received about 3 to 5 specific accounting related questions from each interviewer such as the natural balances of certain accounts and knowing the difference between accrual vs. cash and applying it to problems   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Initial interview is a 20 minute phone call. My qualifications were in line with the position and my experience provided great benefits to the role. The HR representative noted that my experience was in alignment with their needs and I had a pleasant personality that would fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions
    • What is the lowest salary you would consider. There is no side stepping this question, Explaining that salary is based on value of services employee provides, demonstrated capabilities, benefits JLL would provide, and many other factors is not sufficient. They require a salary amount or the interview is terminated.   View Answer

Facility Coordinator (On-site Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2014.

Applied on JLL career web site. Received a call from a recruiter over one month later; played some phone tag - typical phone screen; several days later had phone interview with Acct. supervisor - said I was more qualified for a Manager role; would send offer 72 hours later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not at all difficult; phone screen was typical (what do you do now, what do you like about this role, etc.). Actual phone interview consisted of telling me my resume was not quality (even though it was professionally written and often complimented - often said my experiences were not related to the job, one role I've had meant I must be a good "bullshitter"), Account Supervisor (who I would be under) asked "how little can I pay you and over work you?" Not at all professional and a red flag. We went from Jr Facility Coordinator, to Sr. Facility Coordinator (didn't know there was a Jr. or Sr. role) and ultimately Facility Manager. Said the pay I was expecting was not possible in the filed and job - not true. Confusing because he ripped my resume and experiences apart but wanted to hire me as the department Manager; said he'd send an offer via recruiter in 72 hours. Did not hear a word from anyone; two weeks later I sent an email to the recruiter - she's on vacation for a while.   Answer Question

Brokerage Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2014.

Applied via their website. Prompt response and two types of phone interviews. Got called to meet the team in downtown Chicago. Meet with about 7 mangers/executives, none seem prepared or briefed that they were interviewing. No one could provide specific information regarding the hiring process, start date etc. no offer given, no closure at the end of the meeting or response to any follow up. Very disappointing overall.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very straight forward. No specific questions asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

First round phone call, second round in person on site