Jones Lang LaSalle Interview Questions

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Initial interview is a 20 minute phone call. My qualifications were in line with the position and my experience provided great benefits to the role. The HR representative noted that my experience was in alignment with their needs and I had a pleasant personality that would fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions
    • What is the lowest salary you would consider. There is no side stepping this question, Explaining that salary is based on value of services employee provides, demonstrated capabilities, benefits JLL would provide, and many other factors is not sufficient. They require a salary amount or the interview is terminated.   View Answer

Facility Coordinator (On-site Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2014.

Applied on JLL career web site. Received a call from a recruiter over one month later; played some phone tag - typical phone screen; several days later had phone interview with Acct. supervisor - said I was more qualified for a Manager role; would send offer 72 hours later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not at all difficult; phone screen was typical (what do you do now, what do you like about this role, etc.). Actual phone interview consisted of telling me my resume was not quality (even though it was professionally written and often complimented - often said my experiences were not related to the job, one role I've had meant I must be a good "bullshitter"), Account Supervisor (who I would be under) asked "how little can I pay you and over work you?" Not at all professional and a red flag. We went from Jr Facility Coordinator, to Sr. Facility Coordinator (didn't know there was a Jr. or Sr. role) and ultimately Facility Manager. Said the pay I was expecting was not possible in the filed and job - not true. Confusing because he ripped my resume and experiences apart but wanted to hire me as the department Manager; said he'd send an offer via recruiter in 72 hours. Did not hear a word from anyone; two weeks later I sent an email to the recruiter - she's on vacation for a while.   Answer Question

Brokerage Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2014.

Applied via their website. Prompt response and two types of phone interviews. Got called to meet the team in downtown Chicago. Meet with about 7 mangers/executives, none seem prepared or briefed that they were interviewing. No one could provide specific information regarding the hiring process, start date etc. no offer given, no closure at the end of the meeting or response to any follow up. Very disappointing overall.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very straight forward. No specific questions asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

First round phone call, second round in person on site

AP Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

One phone interview and then two in person interviews. Process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly easy. Very comfortable and felt more like a conversation   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2014.

Invited to interview in person after other candidates had already completed phone interviews and first in person interview. Interview with 2 team members simultaneously for an hour, then met with 2 executive team members simultaneously for an hour. After sending a "thank you for the interview" to all four individuals, didn't receive a response until three weeks later informing me that they were no longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions
    • As a seasoned professional with diverse expertise, why would you want a lower-level position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Submit application and resume through online portal. Best to already know someone within the firm to send your resume direct as well, otherwise your resume may never cross the desk of the person actually doing the hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for JLL and what do you know about our firm?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Pretty straightforward. Met the gentleman who was going to be my boss plus a couple more people from the senior management. It took a while, but I think that was mainly because they tend to be careful not to hire someone unless there is a specific opening. Very admirable trait, but one that can drag out the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Given that my background was a very good fit, it was more about my personality. Not in a "test" way, but I got the sense that my future boss was trying to see if he would like working with me. No "gotchas" or anything like that.   View Answer
    The negotiation was open and fair. Make sure you do your homework about different levels and salaries, because it is not very easy to move up once you're here.

Call Center Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2014.

Just call a temp agency. Seems like all the temp agencies want to place you with a call center. Just show up on time. go to training, dress nice. They will give you a book as soon as you walk in.

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Very long and tedious; kept calling me back for interviews; process too way to long and I decided not to continue the process. Too much jumping through hoops for this job. I don't mind have several interviews but to have to "wait" for a client to come on board and expect me to be around is expecting too much.