Jones Lang LaSalle

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Pretty straightforward. Met the gentleman who was going to be my boss plus a couple more people from the senior management. It took a while, but I think that was mainly because they tend to be careful not to hire someone unless there is a specific opening. Very admirable trait, but one that can drag out the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Given that my background was a very good fit, it was more about my personality. Not in a "test" way, but I got the sense that my future boss was trying to see if he would like working with me. No "gotchas" or anything like that.   View Answer
    The negotiation was open and fair. Make sure you do your homework about different levels and salaries, because it is not very easy to move up once you're here.

Call Center Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2014.

Just call a temp agency. Seems like all the temp agencies want to place you with a call center. Just show up on time. go to training, dress nice. They will give you a book as soon as you walk in.

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Very long and tedious; kept calling me back for interviews; process too way to long and I decided not to continue the process. Too much jumping through hoops for this job. I don't mind have several interviews but to have to "wait" for a client to come on board and expect me to be around is expecting too much.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2014.

Initial interview was conducted on the phone. The questions were basic questions, asking about strengths and weaknesses. In person interview focused on past experience. Focus on 24/7 availability. What would former employer say you needed improvement in? Was supposed to meet with several individuals, but not all were available. Was invited to return for second interview to meet the individuals who were previously not available. All questions were straight forward. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard questions one would expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2014.

Phone screening then on site interview, I was told that they were going to offer me a position before my interview was over.

negotiable

Property Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2014.

Will bring you in and waste your time. Was told as was exactly what they were looking for, and I would have an offer letter in the next week. Never happened

IT Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

It was a legnthy interview process with HR as well as leadership within IT

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled working in an environment where you may possibly have multiple bosses; how do you handle prioritization?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in September 2013.

My resume was presented to the finance manager through a recruitment agency for a Senior Accountant position with JLL's corporate solutions team.

After the finance manager had a chance to review my resume I was brought to interview with two finance managers at the recruitment agency's offices. The interview lasted an hour and no questions were technical in nature. I was asked about my prior experiences with previous employers and why I was looking to leave my current role.

I did not feel the interview went particularly well but was later told by my recruiter that both managers were highly impressed and they scheduled a second interview with two finance directors at the corporate solution team's office onsite at T-mobile.

I really enjoyed this interview and was impressed with both individuals I spoke with. Again zero technical questions were presented aside from covering what was on my resume, which was a bit of a disappointment.

I left feeling confident that I had impressed both directors and was later offered the position at a salary level above what my recruiter had submitted me at. The offer was not received in a timely position and mismanagement by HR soured me on JLL and I ultimately declined the offer to pursue a role with a smaller organization.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They will ask you about driving change and improving processes, this is what they're looking to hear.   View Answer

Negative reviews on Glassdoor, conversations with former JLL employees, and my overall sense for wage growth and career progression within JLL.

Research Intern Interview

Recruiting in this company seems not to have much structure. Overall the process took a couple of months and doing a lot of going back and forth with the hiring manager. First interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone. Basic questions about technical skills, including PowerPoint and Excel. I interviewed with the hiring manger, office manager, and regional director. Simple questions including background in technical skills, interest in the commercial real estate research field, and working with databases.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the commercial real estate research field?   Answer Question
    None, take it or leave it

Brokerage Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in August 2013.

I applied for the position online. I received an e-mail one week later requesting a telephone interview. Telephone interview went extremely well, HR told me that I was going to be moved further along in the hiring process. I was told that the hiring manager for the office that i applied would contact me the following day. The hiring manager never contacted me, instead I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position and they were considering an internal candidate.