Jones Lang LaSalle Interview Questions

2.8

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

I received a call from HR on a Thursday, one month after I applied. I had an on the spot interview which went extremely well. The HR person told me that they would like to bring me into the office early the following week. Instead, I received a call from the hiring manager the next morning who let me know that he would be giving me a call back in 2 hours for a conference call with himself and 2 other area managers. They were very polite and seemed like down to earth people but the conference call interview with so many people really was awkward. I found out Wednesday morning that they had already hired someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer specific technical questions about excel as well as exactly what you do on a daily basis @ your current job that relates to the job you are applying for.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2013.

I received an email from the Controller to meet with a Accounting Manager. Followed by another round of interview with two more people. Interview lasted 30 minutes each. They want to know if you have the right personality to fit into the office along with your knowledge.

Account Manager Interview

After a very long and seemingly pleasant phone interview, I was called in for a marathon day of interviews. most of them appeared to be solid. one individual did not appear to be on board and I was ultimately not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked by the client, why I was interested in a job that I was clearly overqualified for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

I was first contacted through e-mail by a corporate recruiter, asking if I am still interested in a new opportunity. We agreed on a 30 minute time slot 3 days later, during which we further discussed the company, the role, and future career goals. Corporate recruiter offered me an in person interview at the end of the phone screen.

During the in person interview, I met with 3 managers, and a 6th year Analyst. Very smooth interview process. Felt very conversational, opposed to formal / stern. Took 2.5 hours.

Typical mix of questions, including behavioral ones. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just know exactly what your desired role entails, and be able to elaborate on how your skills fit that mold. Also, know the basics regarding the company's objectives and goals.

As for the skills test, it was very straightforward and overall easy. Simple math, and analytical thinking.

Interview Questions
    • If someone in your group is not contributing to the team, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    Although I tried negotiating, they didn't budge. Nonetheless, I was comfortable with the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

Applied online and contacted by the manager via phone call. She asked me why I am interested in doing research. I had 4 panel interviews, lasting 2 hours. There were many intern candidates waiting outside.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you help other people to achieve their goal?   Answer Question
    • How you usually present data/information in a meaningful way?   Answer Question
    • If you have been given a land in the middle of commercial area, how you will develop it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

The first interview was a short chat. The person I was originally supposed to interview with was tied up so I interviewed with another supervisor who reported directly to the VP/Director. She said there was no actual position they were just interviewing to anticipate turnover because bonuses were being issued? Very odd. I came back about two weeks later for the skills test and was supposed to meet with the director but again she was MIA. I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions
    • I think if you have no experience at all with retail leases the skills test might be difficult but it is at least 50% basic business math.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2013.

The first interview was with the head of HR. That interview was fine, average. After that things went downhill. The second interview was with 2 brokers, one who left after 5 minutes because something came up. They were not prepared and asked inappropriate questions (i.e. are your married, have kids). I didn't mind as they seemed to be making small talk. The third interview consisted of 6 people coming and going in the conference room, again asking inappropriate questions. None of them were prepared with ANYTHING, except one and even he was awkward. Obviously these people have never interviewed anyone before. I am slightly bitter because what happened next was even more unprofessional than anything else. I was told they picked another candidate, fine, whatever. The job has since been reposted. All they had to do was tell me they didn't think I was right for the position, not lie to me. I guess I am better off. Seemed like a great place to work, guess just not for me.

Jones Lang LaSalle Response

Oct 1, 2013Director of Operations

Thank you for sharing your interview perspective with us. While we are disappointed by your experience, we will use your feedback as an opportunity to improve the overall candidate experience in the ... More

Lead Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2013.

The hiring process was pretty smooth. I applied for the position online and received a phone call to set up an interview with the Operations Manager. The interview was very laid back to my surprise; I think it just depends on the personality of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a salary based on my education and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2013.

Met with two supervisors. Very friendly. Informal interview. Had to return back for a skills test. Not terrible.Just test abilitity to pick apart info and Microsoft skills. No real way to prepare for it.

Senior Move Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview was very low key and communitive. Asked to talk about past experiences in moves, and people that I worked with.

I was asked what i needed. Then I was told the client woiuld pay 5k less. Then after I accepted, I was told I have to pay for parking which was $150 a month!