Jones Lang LaSalle

2.8

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in September 2013.

My resume was presented to the finance manager through a recruitment agency for a Senior Accountant position with JLL's corporate solutions team.

After the finance manager had a chance to review my resume I was brought to interview with two finance managers at the recruitment agency's offices. The interview lasted an hour and no questions were technical in nature. I was asked about my prior experiences with previous employers and why I was looking to leave my current role.

I did not feel the interview went particularly well but was later told by my recruiter that both managers were highly impressed and they scheduled a second interview with two finance directors at the corporate solution team's office onsite at T-mobile.

I really enjoyed this interview and was impressed with both individuals I spoke with. Again zero technical questions were presented aside from covering what was on my resume, which was a bit of a disappointment.

I left feeling confident that I had impressed both directors and was later offered the position at a salary level above what my recruiter had submitted me at. The offer was not received in a timely position and mismanagement by HR soured me on JLL and I ultimately declined the offer to pursue a role with a smaller organization.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They will ask you about driving change and improving processes, this is what they're looking to hear.   View Answer

Negative reviews on Glassdoor, conversations with former JLL employees, and my overall sense for wage growth and career progression within JLL.

Research Intern Interview

Recruiting in this company seems not to have much structure. Overall the process took a couple of months and doing a lot of going back and forth with the hiring manager. First interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone. Basic questions about technical skills, including PowerPoint and Excel. I interviewed with the hiring manger, office manager, and regional director. Simple questions including background in technical skills, interest in the commercial real estate research field, and working with databases.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the commercial real estate research field?   Answer Question
    None, take it or leave it

Brokerage Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in August 2013.

I applied for the position online. I received an e-mail one week later requesting a telephone interview. Telephone interview went extremely well, HR told me that I was going to be moved further along in the hiring process. I was told that the hiring manager for the office that i applied would contact me the following day. The hiring manager never contacted me, instead I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position and they were considering an internal candidate.

Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Wonderful people, a lot of technical questions but for that position nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, be ready to map out a one line of a generator.   View Answer
    Very easy. The Regional Engineering Manager Chris Hacker is a great man to get to know.

Lease Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Initial interviewer by telephone very personable. Traveled to office to take a 30 minute abstract and rent calculation test on a day when the director was in the office. The director was a direct contrast to the personable, warm, and inquisitive person who conducted my telephone interview and who greeted me before the test.

Interview Questions
    • Lack of questions. Lack of eye contact. Lack of interest in me. That was my experience with the director. The director spoke at me. Delivered a time share sales pitch like someone who was burned out but obligated to go on with the charade.   View Answer
    They offered low salary but high bonus potential IF the company paid bonuses that year. I countered for a higher salary. They gave it to me leas $1,500 and with a much lower bonus opportunity.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

I was invited for office interview. Not too much technical questions. It's for about fit.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume looks a lot like IB focused. Can you explain why you chose to apply to this financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

I received a call from HR on a Thursday, one month after I applied. I had an on the spot interview which went extremely well. The HR person told me that they would like to bring me into the office early the following week. Instead, I received a call from the hiring manager the next morning who let me know that he would be giving me a call back in 2 hours for a conference call with himself and 2 other area managers. They were very polite and seemed like down to earth people but the conference call interview with so many people really was awkward. I found out Wednesday morning that they had already hired someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer specific technical questions about excel as well as exactly what you do on a daily basis @ your current job that relates to the job you are applying for.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2013.

I received an email from the Controller to meet with a Accounting Manager. Followed by another round of interview with two more people. Interview lasted 30 minutes each. They want to know if you have the right personality to fit into the office along with your knowledge.

Account Manager Interview

After a very long and seemingly pleasant phone interview, I was called in for a marathon day of interviews. most of them appeared to be solid. one individual did not appear to be on board and I was ultimately not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked by the client, why I was interested in a job that I was clearly overqualified for.   Answer Question

Lease Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

I was first contacted through e-mail by a corporate recruiter, asking if I am still interested in a new opportunity. We agreed on a 30 minute time slot 3 days later, during which we further discussed the company, the role, and future career goals. Corporate recruiter offered me an in person interview at the end of the phone screen.

During the in person interview, I met with 3 managers, and a 6th year Analyst. Very smooth interview process. Felt very conversational, opposed to formal / stern. Took 2.5 hours.

Typical mix of questions, including behavioral ones. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just know exactly what your desired role entails, and be able to elaborate on how your skills fit that mold. Also, know the basics regarding the company's objectives and goals.

As for the skills test, it was very straightforward and overall easy. Simple math, and analytical thinking.

Interview Questions
    • If someone in your group is not contributing to the team, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    Although I tried negotiating, they didn't budge. Nonetheless, I was comfortable with the offer.